IT.COM

discuss In what extension has outbound worked for you?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

In what extension has outbound worked for you?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • COM

votes
    100.0%
  • NET

votes
    0.0%
  • ORG

votes
    0.0%
  • CO

votes
    0.0%
  • IO

votes
    0.0%
  • CA

votes
    0.0%
  • DE

votes
    0.0%
  • CO.UK

votes
    0.0%
  • IN

votes
    0.0%
  • Others (please mention)

votes
    0.0%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Impact
Which extensions have outbound worked for you?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
How about adding NONE to the list.

•••
•••
Proactively selling domains is hard enough period. You might as well not even bother unless it is a .COM.
Even then, it is a spammy numbers game.

Brad

•••
Proactively selling domains is hard enough period. You might as well not even bother unless it is a .COM.
Even then, it is a spammy numbers game.

Brad
Agree with @bmugford

If you own "COM", and you notice brands out there with a NET, ORG, IO, CO, XYZ etc, your chances are improved. However, the average user doesn't necessarily think like a domainer and have a "COM is king" mentality (you'd think they should, but you'd be surprised on your hit rate)

You'd be wasting time with anything but "COM". In the past I'll admit I've attempted selling "NET" to internet businesses, who already own their "COM"...absolute waste of time, I failed miserably. If you are to do it, attempt outbounds with "COM", and nothing short of it. IMO

Last edited:
•••
It depends on your target market / end user base, whether it's inbound (inquiries) or outbound (potential beneficiaries of a Web address / Web identiy) domain.

•••
Any more inputs?
I can't edit the thread to add none, but feel free to put it in comments.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back