Dynadot

advice In regards to chargebacks and escrow

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

sixtoronto

Established Member
Impact
Can escrow be charged back if it is paid with via credit? Seems like pretty much everything can be charged back.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
You can't charge Bitcoin back. :)

Re: Escrow - I wouldn't have though so,as it is the escrow company that is paying you, and not the buyer.

•••
I see. I suppose the credit card company does the chargeback against escrow. I would think that escrow has enough evidence to beat the chargebacks though

•••
You can't charge Bitcoin back. :)

Re: Escrow - I wouldn't have though so,as it is the escrow company that is paying you, and not the buyer.

it may depend on escrow service itself so best ask company
I know escrow.com guarantees payment
so does epik.com
so does godady auctions

as for bitcoin, it's nice.. but your back to square one trying to convince buyer to pay you with it before getting domain.. not everyone may go for it. no more than they'd go for western union or whatever.. buyer wants protection too :)

•••
I see. I suppose the credit card company does the chargeback against escrow. I would think that escrow has enough evidence to beat the chargebacks though

see reply above.

I recommend epik.com for escrow. only 5% paypal cashout and they guarantee payment.

the good thing about epik is that its also a registrar.
this means buyer gets domain pushed to epik after you get paid.. its locked for 30-60 (for buyers that have no deal records with epik) days to wait for payment problems... if problems happen, fraud etc.. they can easily take domain out of his account.

it's a similar principle on godaddy auctions. also registrar.
except they charge 20% :)

if you prefer paypal payout like me, then sadly you have to stay away from escrow.com
but maybe that's a godo thing cause in the end is there anything better really than doing escrow with a palce that's also an actual registrar. probably not.

Last edited:
•••
Credit Card/Paypal chargebacks are becoming common especially when it comes to electronic goods like domains. Do not think Wires can be reversed.

Escrow guarantees payment to the seller, irrespective of method of payment (to them) - that is what they charge their fees for.

•••
Has anyone tried Payoneer Escrow? Can you give some feedback?
Thanks

•••
paypal chargebacks happen for sure. but no one should think they account for anything more than a drop in the ocean when you look at all transactions done by paypal.

if you want security, use escrow services.
there are many escrow services around.
I would definitely check with the one you want to use if they guarantee it. before you use it. do your homework if you don't want suprises.

epik and escrow.com are fine.

rest you just need to call or email and ask if they guarantee.
I do not personally believe all escrow services are guaranteed

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back