IT.COM

I'm SO excited, I made $1.13 parking in 24 hours

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Sjpals

Yeah, this is meTop Member
Impact
I am just so stupidly excited!

I put 34 sites on Bodis last night. It's been about 24 hours, and I have made $1.13. This may not be much to write home about, but its $1.13 more than my other sites have made sitting on market places.

I just really needed to tell SOMEONE!!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
400 per year if happens consistently. Not much, but good if it doesn't prevent sales.

Epik used to have ppc. I would try it on some domains if it was still around. (because payout would be easy: just stay there).

•••
****UPDATE***
I thought some people may appreciate an update (or maybe not, lol), but here it is anyway.

Current earnings

July 13th-31st - $2.22
August - $1.59
September - $3.36

I have 139 domains (removed a few to develop sites on, and added a few new ones. 4 are G Faillisted. Only 17 of them made any revenue.

•••
Current earnings

July 13th-31st - $2.22
August - $1.59
September - $3.36

I have 139 domains (removed a few to develop sites on, and added a few new ones. 4 are G Faillisted. Only 17 of them made any revenue.
Thanks for the updates. Bodis may be having some challenges due to the adblockers and the economy. They did indicate that they will have ad maximization tools in place by the end of the year. Perhaps there is hope on the horizon.
Incidentally, if you're curious, you could test the various adblockers out there, to see how they affect Bodis. I tested this yesterday, and was gratified to see that, instead of a blank page, the domains resolved to the Dan domain for sale landers. In this case, testing UBlock origin, it did clearly interfere with any parking ad revenue, but not the domain sale link. An, it automatically went to the parked domain-for-sale page, without any click being necessary.

•••
Thanks for the updates. Bodis may be having some challenges due to the adblockers and the economy. They did indicate that they will have ad maximization tools in place by the end of the year. Perhaps there is hope on the horizon.
Incidentally, if you're curious, you could test the various adblockers out there, to see how they affect Bodis. I tested this yesterday, and was gratified to see that, instead of a blank page, the domains resolved to the Dan domain for sale landers. In this case, testing UBlock origin, it did clearly interfere with any parking ad revenue, but not the domain sale link. An, it automatically went to the parked domain-for-sale page, without any click being necessary.
thanks thats good to know. I have not set any up as duel sales / parking (been meaning to), so might do that now. Thanks.

•••
Congratulations, I hope your ad revenue continues to increase.

•••
•••
•••
thanks thats good to know. I have not set any up as duel sales / parking (been meaning to), so might do that now. Thanks.
Don't be afraid to try testing the various ad parking and marketplace platforms, to see what works best for you.

•••
These small things give big joy. Congrats, mate

•••
These small things give big joy. Congrats, mate
YES, they do!!! thank you. They are only tiny amounts, but it's like magic... it's money I did nothing for. Money for nothing is awesome

•••
YES, they do!!! thank you. They are only tiny amounts, but it's like magic... it's money I did nothing for. Money for nothing is awesome
Congrats keep up the good work!

•••
Congrats keep up the good work!
After years of resisting ad parking, I was delighted to see even the smaller amounts coming in. Within a few months, I was delighted at least the income easily pays for the renewal of the domain.
Enjoy the extra income!

•••
•••
Thanks for the posts, I have also resisted getting involved with parking but if it helps pay for renewals I will also give it a try. Iam in the UK is Bodis a good platform?

•••
Congrats! I remember, I was ecstatic too when I made my first dollar through parking lol. It is indeed rather magical to make money seemingly out of thin air, the amount is irrelevant :xf.smile:
I didn't make a single cent for a long time though, I tried various platforms to no avail, including Bodis. I was new to domaining and was starting to think that my domains were just not good enough for parking and then I tried Voodoo and within the first few days made my first few cents.
Different parking companies will assess certain domain names differently and display different types of ads, some may work better than others. It's definitely a bit of a hassle moving all your domains from one platform to another but sometimes it pays off :xf.smile:

•••
Everyone starts there in the beginning. The next goal when starting to get a few dollars is to make it to the $20 payout each month. Look at the domains that are making money and research what makes them different than the ones that do not produce. Once you figure out the formula, you can spot them pretty quickly.

•••
Thanks for the posts, I have also resisted getting involved with parking but if it helps pay for renewals I will also give it a try. Iam in the UK is Bodis a good platform?
its working for me

•••
Everyone starts there in the beginning. The next goal when starting to get a few dollars is to make it to the $20 payout each month. Look at the domains that are making money and research what makes them different than the ones that do not produce. Once you figure out the formula, you can spot them pretty quickly.
Thanks. Most of them were not bought with parking in mind, so it no suprise which ones make money and which dont

•••
Thanks. Most of them were not bought with parking in mind, so it no suprise which ones make money and which dont
You're smart. I had domains for many years that I unwittingly let GoDaddy park without any income whatsoever to myself. Dumb me. All that parking revenue lost. Bodis is a good choice, and will probably be even better by the end of the year.

Last edited:
•••
You're smart. I had domains for many years that I unwittingly let GoDaddy park without any income whatsoever to myself. Dumb me. All that parking revenue lost. Bodis is a good choice, and will probably be even better by the end of the year.
Thanks, but not so smart, I didnt have parking for years. I just bought domains to use, so they just sat there in my registrar account

•••
Thanks, but not so smart, I didnt have parking for years. I just bought domains to use, so they just sat there in my registrar account
Well, the parking also is not without risk. You have to monitor what is showing up on them---which I didn't for however many years the ads were going on. Quite frankly, I wasn't even aware for some time that ads were being placed on the domains, since I never had signed up for the parking service. Then, after becoming aware of what was going on, I saw that "fake doctor notes" was being advertised on various ones. That's when I put a stop to everything.

It's bad enough to not get paid. It's even worse to have ads like that showing up. And, it turned out, that two ".coms" had become adult ads only also during this time--a female doctor and nurse. And sadly, one of them I had held on in memory of a dear nurse who had passed away at a young age. Needless to say, I have no involvement with that ad platform.
So, watch your ads!

Last edited:
•••
Can Bodis be trusted to only put morally ethically and legal (international) ads on domains do you think ?

•••
Can Bodis be trusted to only put morally ethically and legal (international) ads on domains do you think ?
So far, they have done a decent job, but I don't know? Any input from other members on the thread here?

•••
Don't forget the renewal costs. 139 domains, if they are .com domains, you need to pay about 1390 USD yearly. So you need to sell a few of them (or at least 1 domain) to make it profitable. And I haven't even talked about the acquisition cost of these 139 domains.

Revenue is not the same as profit. Tell us the profit, not the revenue.

•••
Revenue is not the same as profit. Tell us the profit, not the revenue.
Hi

when the domain has paid for itself, then revenue above renewal, is profit.

also, revenue from a domain can earn a profit, if it is consistent and owner is willing to sell it for reasonable amount.

and i guess if one is/has been operating in the black from all investments/overhead, then revenue earned from ppc could be considered as profit.

but yeah, i get what you're saying :)

imo...

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back