Dynadot

I'm pretty much giving up buying on GoDaddy Auctions & Drop Catch

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I don't know if it's just me. On average I used to buy aprox 1 domain every 2 days on both GoDaddy Auctions and on DropCatch. But I've pretty much decided to stop on both. Why?

Well on GoDaddy. I have approx 30 domains in my account. Of these 30, all are forwarded to my domains for sale website. Yet only 1 domain, is showing as forwarded. The other 29 are forwarded, but the forwarding column are blank. About 6-8 of these domains are showing as expired or at other registrars, and don't resolve to my website. It's a complete mess.

At NameBright. I have approx 30 domains in my NameBright also. They've just introduced security check which from my experience seems to be on every domain in the account, where you have to go thru a security check two times, because 1 time isn't enough apparently. It's very easy to trigger this check. Just moving to another domain can trigger it. Moving back to the previous domain triggers the security check again. You spend more time with this security than doing productive work. So IMHO, this too is a complete mess. As well.

So I'm saying bye-bye to GoDaddy Auctions and DropCatch Auctions. They are just too much hassle (post purchase).

rgds
NT

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hi Stu

What's this security check you speak of at NB? I've never encountered such a thing, and I have close to 50 names there. Can you be more specific?

One thing I always do is list ALL domains before doing any updates.

My names are not auction wins, so maybe that's the difference -- are you changing domain contact info?

Last edited:
•••
Sure it's an hCapcha. They make it so you have to use it twice back to back. It's a real pain-in-the-neck. I'm not changing the contact info. My account is set up to automatically set the correct contact info when the domain arrives in my account. It seems like every visit to the domain in my account triggers it again. It's a real PITA.

•••
OK. I scanned my pc for viruses with 2 different anti-virus programs. Nothing. I did notice on a reboot that my VPN needed an update. Re-installed that. Seems to have cured the problem. Weird. I never had this "feature" on previous times my VPN needed an update.

Last edited:
•••
It also solved all the missing forwarding links in the Godaddy Account too. Weird.

•••
Been having GD Auctions issues with item in cart/checkout process where it won't accept my pw (keeps asking again). This has essentially caused me to lose two closeout purchases in two days.

Once you begin the checkout, the domain "purchased" disappears from the available names listing and won't become available again for 2 hours, in my experience.

This happens when I try to check out on my phone.

GD interface is one of the worst.

•••
•••
Back