IT.COM

I'm having trouble with GoDaddy 2-step verification

NameSilo
Watch

RU

I'm out of domaining. ~RusselAccount Closed (Requested)
Impact
Hi,

I'm not receiving a code via text message. Does anyone have a similar problem?

Thanks.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Yes, my problem is solved.
Did you have to fill out the form and cancel 2 factor then re-enable it?

•••
Did you have to fill out the form and cancel 2 factor then re-enable it?
I'm having the same problem and have same question please? @RU
The 2 factor works fine last month with me, but not today, tried few times but there is no code. I contacted supporter and they said I need to cancel this. Too bad.

•••
04/04/2016: having the same issue, I purchased another phone and FORGOT to update godaddy before doing so. I called and was told my a customer support woman, who sounded like she was driving in her car or at home (background music was loud and disruptive to the conversation)..she instructed me to the website change.com of sorts..and while reading the website : which I cant post for you due to my account setting (somebody wants more money), couldn't understand why she would sent me elsewhere. she sound like a "familiar" summers comes to mind, but any way, she was rude and disrespectful when i requested a supervisor because she didn't sound honest AND the background music was distorting the information she was not carefully and professionally trying to communicate. I am new to godaddy, just over a month and would NOT recommend them to ANYONE - EVER. NO one has time for the child like behaviors of their so called 24/7 support team...we just want our sh**t to work and keep it moving, we don't need the harassment from their team or their rudeness.
I am going to consider going to my phone provider BEFORE sending the any other information..they don't take care to business owners. we simply DO NOT have the time for this shit! we are trying to grow a business, not play wits with Godaddy employees. Never in my life....WTF!

•••
The 2-Step Verification stopped working for 5 to 8 hours, at least on my mobile phone in the Philippines. Now it is sending all of the requests I sent one-by-one with a 30-minute delay in between. I contacted them via chat and both of their representatives recommended that I cancel the 2-step verification feature.

RECOMMENDATION:
- If you are paranoid about your portfolio, create a 20+ character password before removing the 2-step verification. It will let you change the password even if you cannot login.

•••
I've also got my 2fa set at GoDaddy as I've started listing at the auctions section. When I think about losing my phone somehow, there's no other option to login.

The useless part >> " No Code ? "

Click on it and you're stuck with the one number you're allowed to have on their system. Unless I'm not seeing a 2nd box for another mobile number for 2fa ? If I had any other number.

Glad I don't have a domain registered with them yet but that doesn't matter when I'm to be paid ...

Screen Shot 2016-06-22 at 1.54.01 AM.png

•••
I ve had similar issues about receiving code.

Best solution i ve found is to restart my mobile.

Always worked.

•••
I had this same problem about 3 weeks ago.
No SMS received and support asked me to cancel the 2fa as there is nothing they can do.
This is ridiculous as it's a technical problem on their end. Not a security breach.

There IS actually something they can do.
They can make a manual call to our SMS contact number and give the PIN over the phone.
Problem solved.

I had to wait for a week to log into my account again.
I can imagine being labelled a scammer if I sold a domain and was unable to initiate the transfer because I couldn't login.

•••
I had the similar issue with "Two-Step Authentication" since evening Thursday 16th, no verification code send to my mobile phone but the verification code from NameCheap is working just fine.

I can logon to my GD account in Thursday morning without a problem, it just happen in Thursday evening when I just received email from SEDO that one of my .CO sold and they need me to unlock domain and provide them the auth code. (It just happen in the right time)

Called GD customer support, cannot help anything even I have the PIN number so need to submit the cancellation of "Two-Step Authentication" form, OK I wait and hope for luck that might be able to logon to GD account on Friday morning but no luck, still facing same issue

Friday 17th - submitted the cancellation form, the process will take up to 72 hours to completed
Sunday 19th, got reply back from GD for additional verification which is not stated in the request from, OK - sent additional information as requested and looks like I have to wait for another 72 hours....

so I still can't get in to my account, one domain need to be unlocked and many domains need to be renewed by SEP.

•••
2 step has been an issue with godaddy.

i have stopped using it.

•••
Hi

Last night I had same issue with my Epik and Godaddy accounts at same time. I couldn't log in to my accounts with Google Auth codes. I just restarted my Android and Authenticate software then the log in problems for both of those accounts has been solved. I say it because it maybe helpful for others

•••
•••
We would prefer you use an authenticator app vs sms. You can also add a backup 2 factor authentication in case your primary is not working. https://www.godaddy.com/help/enable-two-step-verification-7502 explains how to add an authenticator app and a backup.

Thanks for your instruction Joe, but my problem now is can't even logon to my account so there is no way to add the 2nd option.

and I would like to put the comment on the 72 hours SLA, I can understand for the first time submitted but after GD staff response to request an additional documents, the request should not fall to the 72 hours once again so someone need to focus on the original date of request.

•••
I can received the verification code on my mobile today, so I have decided to remove the 2-Steps verification from my account. I don't want to sit and wait for 5 days again (until now, still not receive email from support after i replied with additional docs on Sunday. and today I have reply them back that I can access to my account now).

Last edited:
•••
SMS is no longer considered a secure 2FA method.

•••
I can received the verification code on my mobile today, so I have decided to remove the 2-Steps verification from my account. I don't want to sit and wait for 5 days again (until now, still not receive email from support after i replied with additional docs on Sunday. and today I have reply them back that I can access to my account now).
You can add an app authenticator like Google Authenticator.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back