NameSilo
Watch

omelet

Top Member
Impact
....because I clicked the ads on parking page several times

what do you suggest the next step?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Use VPN for secure ads clicking

•••
I use an ad blocker, whenever I land on a parked page I see nothing but the domain name and maybe a for sale sign. Parked pages are not making any money on me.

I prefer to use my own landing page for my domains. cPanel make parked domains a breeze and I have hundreds resolving to the same website. I could load ads if I wanted too but it gives a much more professional appearance without them.

My suggestion to OP would be to do something similar.

Last edited:
•••
Is @omelet acct hacked or has he just bumped his head?
Who admits to click fraud?
Are you trying to make a point here?
Were you checking to see if the clicks were showing in your stats?
And how did this turn into a "how to" thread?

Peace,
Cy

Last edited:
•••
@MapleDots empage.me is good free service I sometimes use when I just want a lander.
does not get easier than this.. or cheaper than free for that matter
links to google analytics for stats too

Last edited:
•••
I'm just appalled by how many people acting like this is no big deal... but honestly, not surprised. This is why I never buy domains based on parking revenue. Self clicking is more than likely the majority (95%) of revenue...

•••
ABOVE.com provides the redirect to "For Sale" lander... if Bodis is not enough.

•••
hi guys how are you today?

Have you ate lunch yet?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-04-03 at 1.08.27 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-04-03 at 1.08.27 PM.png
    475.7 KB · Views: 27
•••
**taking note to never buy any names from omelet, with or without "revenue"**

Google banned domains = garbage... especially and when they were already garbage before the ban.

thanks! you are evil guy

:sneaky::sneaky::sneaky:

•••
Is @omelet acct hacked or has he just bumped his head?
Who admits to click fraud?
Are you trying to make a point here?
Were you checking to see if the clicks were showing in your stats?
And how did this turn into a "how to" thread?

Peace,
Cy

nope

I just honestly want to listen what ppl say.

•••
•••
•••
This is beyond stupid.
No zurc, it wasn't stupid. I don't know if this was the motive, but....
It could have been a great troll if he hadn't popped back in so soon.
This could have gone 10 - 15 pages on the ethics of click fraud, and the many ways around getting caught, giving everyone a better picture of who is who. ;)

Peace,
Cy

•••
No zurc, it wasn't stupid. I don't know if this was the motive, but....
It could have been a great troll if he hadn't popped back in so soon.
This could have gone 10 - 15 pages on the ethics of click fraud, and the many ways around getting caught, giving everyone a better picture of who is who. ;)

Peace,
Cy
While I almost want to agree 100%..... at the same time, this gives the industry another un-needed black eye....

•••
Umm April fools is over. Its time to come out and say April fools!

•••
wow wow wow

Here is the story, I started my domaining hobby back in 3-4 yrs but I mostly bought names for my own company brands. I seriously touch domain trade (buy and sell) was in 2015, and the first time I started to park my domains was in 2016 July, that's pretty late, in comparison to you guys who have been doing this for decades

So I parked around 800 names with parkingcrew and slowly added more names to park.

I must say: I didnt have any clear goals by parking these names. Making money? nope....I dont think that's good way to generate revenue. I only have a few cents of revenue per day.

My goal was to learning things

why did I click the ads? em.... I simply want to testify how parking company manage their business. Curiosity led me step to that.

•••
This boy gone and bumped his head.

•••
wow wow wow

Here is the story, I started my domaining hobby back in 3-4 yrs but I mostly bought names for my own company brands. I seriously touch domain trade (buy and sell) was in 2015, and the first time I started to park my domains was in 2016 July, that's pretty late, in comparison to you guys who have been doing this for decades

So I parked around 800 names with parkingcrew and slowly added more names to park.

I must say: I didnt have any clear goals by parking these names. Making money? nope....I dont think that's good way to generate revenue. I only have a few cents of revenue per day.

My goal was to learning things

why did I click the ads? em.... I simply want to testify how parking company manage their business. Curiosity led me step to that.
Your actions, have effects on everyone in the community as a whole. Domaining 101

•••
•••
I have sent PC explaining my actions and motive. I am also honestly and transparently discussing this issue in here with you guys. so nothing hide

I am very happy to see you, my friends, are all very ethical and perfect role model.

Last edited:
•••
•••
....because I clicked the ads on parking page several times

what do you suggest the next step?

Pls dont get yourself hanged just because you want to test some laws. We all want honest people to live longer.

•••
Your actions, have effects on everyone in the community as a whole. Domaining 101

I think Rick, Frank, Mike, and many others are more influential than me. I m just little guy

•••
That habit to click different things with a finger

•••
•••
Clicking your own ads is like taking a dump in the community pool.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back