Dynadot

poll If you would get 100 one-word-domains in either .net, .org or .xyz, which one would you choose?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

If you would get 100 one-word-domains in EITHER .net, .org or .xyz, which one would you choose?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • I would choose .net

votes
    24.2%
  • I would choose .org

votes
    43.5%
  • I would choose .xyz

votes
    32.3%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Fancy.domains

Top Member
Impact
If you would get 100 one-word-domains in EITHER .net, .org or .xyz, which one would you choose?

1. The domains are random English dictionary one-words (same words for all 3 extensions)

2. The renewal fees are the same for all domains, let us say $10.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Another depends moment. What the word is...depends on the business for NET / ORG. Even though XYZ has its great sales, with the right word, I'd much prefer a NET / ORG for recognition, generally (which should come as no surprise). IMO

Last edited:
•••
Very good question.

Shows, that there is nothing that comes close to .com of course.

.org is maybe the best, as it has a good track record of domain sales
(better than xyz).

.org can be used as an alternative to .com, while .net not so much.

•••
.Org by a relatively wide margin.

Brad

•••
.org, even if that would be the most expensive renewal of these three choices.

•••
Good question :unsure:

.org is becoming more recognised for (and therefore more suited to) certain genres, and I think .xyz will lose a lot of it's current appeal.

So if we're not talking specific genres, but a good all-rounder, I vote .net

•••
I think NET is undervalued and underused, it can stand for Non Exchangeable Tokens an alternate to NFT.

•••
•••
Good question :unsure:

.org is becoming more recognised for (and therefore more suited to) certain genres, and I think .xyz will lose a lot of it's current appeal.

So if we're not talking specific genres, but a good all-rounder, I vote .net
What some forget is that .org has been taken up by tech companies which could easily have taken the .xyz .Io or .co.
So .org seems to hold its own outside of the nonprofit sector it's historically been associated with.

Also, a bit off topic, but two-word .orgs have sold for large amounts (in ways I doubt io/xyz could do), such as Smartcontracts.org for $50k

Last edited:
•••
.org is more futureproof in my eyes

•••
Emmm.
Not that greedy. 30 of each kind, a total of 90 would be nice. LoL
Finally chose the .net , a safe choice maybe in the current market.

Last edited:
•••
This is a no-brainer for me. I voted .org

•••
What some forget is that .org has been taken up by tech companies which could easily have taken the .xyz .Io or .co.
So .org seems to hold its own outside of the nonprofit sector it's historically been associated with.

Also, a bit off topic, but two-word .orgs have sold for large amounts (in ways I doubt io/xyz could do), such as Smartcontracts.org for $50k
I agree. Even in the crypto space, I come across a lot of .org and .io names.

•••
•••
probably you'll be able to sell the net (or org) to quite good prices to same-name com holders :xf.wink:

•••
Based on sales volume & developed sites, .net is better than .xyz & usually .org is better than .net.

Having said that, for some words .net may be better than .org and for a few words even .xyz may be better. So it's not always a 100% certain thing.

•••
.org first and then .xyz

You couldn’t give me a .net for free

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back