IT.COM

If you could introduce 1 more character to domain naming convention

NameSilo
Watch

If you could introduce 1 more character to domain naming convention, what would that be?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Comma (,)

votes
    0.0%
  • Space ( )

votes
    50.0%
  • Dot (.)

vote
    25.0%
  • Dollar ($)

votes
    0.0%
  • Others (Please comment)

vote
    25.0%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Impact
If one could add one more character to the domain naming convention, what would you choose to add, to make it more readable?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Pointless thread. I'd add a #pointless hash link to content like this so can I avoid it more easily.

Often it's organic thread ideas that do the best, posting for the sake of posting isn't useful.

Last edited:
•••
Are you getting anything from all these threads?

You seem to be a very curious individual with a lot of free time...

•••
Very good @abstractdomainer
I like what you do because first is for you & second for NP community
If some dear fellows no agree that is but personal i like

Cheers 🤗

•••
With SEM (Search Engine Marketing) in mind, "$" makes sense to someone wanting to dominate the index for a set dollar amount (e.g. $1.com, $5.com, $100.com, etc.). Maybe the $10.com store of eCommerce. Generic, but effective. Even if not practical.

•••
The forward-slash was introduced via the Handshake model for resolving their TLDs, I don't mind it at all. We are already used to seeing the "/" in the url bar anyways for a domain name.

We could definitely use anything like the # or the $ for sure, but they require an extra keystroke.. Eric's and MADs suggestions are interesting as they put the character before the DN rather than afterwards, I wonder how that works for browser reading to resolve the DN and whether it would simply things or not.

•••
emojis

Spicy🐔.com

Last edited:
•••
Sit here for a few years and read back on this one if you don't cringe you didn't learn.
You just asked if we all want longer names.

Last edited:
•••
Back