Dynadot

advice If you a domain in multiple tlds

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Robert27

Established Member
Impact
Hi there, if you get an enquiry about a domain and you have it in several tlds, should you offer them as well or will it just confuse matters?

Any help greatly appreciated.
Bob

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
only the domain you get enquiry

•••
•••
I wouldn't offer anything else, until the sale of the domain they asked for, is completed.
Then you have nothing to lose, you can offer others tld (unlikely they will go for them, but hey, as I said - nothing to lose).

•••
Only the domain they asked about. Once sale is secured payment received and domain pushed you can mention the other domains. The only possible exception is if they made you an offer on the .net or .org and you want to pitch them the .com.

•••
cheers gents, good advice.

•••
cheers gents, good advice.
A little while back I sold a .com then once it was completed offer the .net and they bought it too. The issue was since they owned the .com I had to sell it for less, but I think if I had offer it as a pack they might have passed on the .com. The domain seems more unique and rare when they just see one of them.

•••
•••
The domain seems more unique and rare when they just see one of them.

Absolutely. Matter of fact, offering other extensions right away may bring them to the idea to go and register any other tld that is available on a market for hand reg, instead of buying yours.

Last edited:
•••
I wouldn't offer anything else, until the sale of the domain they asked for, is completed.
Then you have nothing to lose, you can offer others tld (unlikely they will go for them, but hey, as I said - nothing to lose).
I think this is good way to go about it. Upselling after the first sales

•••
A little while back I sold a .com then once it was completed offer the .net and they bought it too. The issue was since they owned the .com I had to sell it for less, but I think if I had offer it as a pack they might have passed on the .com. The domain seems more unique and rare when they just see one of them.
Thanks for this, I think it can also be applied to variations. Say I have BobOwens.com and OwensBob.com can I still do this or pitch the two at once?

•••
Thanks for this, I think it can also be applied to variations. Say I have BobOwens.com and OwensBob.com can I still do this or pitch the two at once?
I wouldn’t

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back