Dynadot

question If there was a magazine...

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DanBingham

Top Member
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
No one would buy it.

But, you could give it away for free, and fund it with the income from ads. ;)

•••
Nope. Chances are, that would be the cost of a renewal.

•••
There was Modern domainer years ago and it was free (at least for some people) but apparently it quietly vanished. I used to receive hardcopies by snail mail back in the day.

Last edited:
•••
I would flip through it at the kiosk and put it back.

•••
There was Modern domainer years ago and it was free (at least for some people) but apparently it quietly vanished. I used to receive hardcopies by snail mail back in the day.
Can you imagine looking back at some issues to see what domains sold for back then?

•••
"Every new edition comes with a free .Xyz domain"

•••

i have quite a few issues of that magazine

in fact, i read thru them quite often

there were a lot of "predictions" back then (circa 2007), where some have materialized and many others did not.

the viewpoints and insights from "seo to history of sex.com" were all included

but if someone came out with one now, it would have to be free to flip the pages.

imo...

•••
I would probably buy it. Depends on what value it provides and how much it costs. I would certainly try it.

•••
If I could find new valuable information I would buy it.

•••
Interesting question. Gotta say, I still get my local/world news the old fashioned way, delivered to my door every morning and read with a cup of coffee. I simply can't have it any other way. Now, to have a monthly domaining news magazine, that's a bit different. Reason being, is since domaining is based on domains, which are based on IP addresses on the Interent, which are digital formats, seems to me would be best absorbed via the Web. Plus it would take away from the little time I already have for namePros. :)

Not to say I would certainly enjoy a few copies of honest-to-goodness paper domaining magazines for my library, that's for sure. Nothing beats flipping through pages of interest in your hands.

Petty cool that a couple of our members have something like that.

•••
•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
Would be nice actually during a holiday or in the plane. Just something different than a screen. I would buy it imo

•••
you still read real paper magazines or books??!

•••
•••
•••
you still read real paper magazines or books??!

yep, i do!

the peace of mind and the time to reflect, while absorbing the content from printed letters on paper -

and who doesn't miss the joy of licking your finger..... just before you turn to the next page

:)

imo...

•••
and who doesn't miss the joy of licking your finger..... just before you turn to the next page
you sure you know who was licking his finger reading the same book before you?
and what he was doing before take that book?
i preffer read on my samsung...

•••
s-l225.jpg

I can't believe this actually existed. It's like hair products for the bold :)

•••
This thread will bring traffic to ModernDomainer.com

I would not buy a paper magazine.

•••
•••
I would love to see some of these old Modern Domainer issues!

•••
you sure you know who was licking his finger reading the same book before you?
and what he was doing before take that book?
i preffer read on my samsung...
Yeh cause swiping bacteria-ridden cancer-causing glass is so much cleaner. Let me tell you something that glass lovers will never understand nor enjoy: seeing an old coffee stain on the pages of your favorite book or magazine, remembering how mildly annoying it was but now a fond part of the experience. How about the edges chewed by your first puppy, or a torn page by your kids as they were learning the yes's and no's..
I would love to see some of these old Modern Domainer issues!
I would be partial to an auction here for a magazine or two that's for sure.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back