Dynadot

If there is a Domainers' Meetup in your area, would you attend?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

If there is a Domainers' Meetup in your area, would you attend?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Yes (I would even organize one)

votes
    25.0%
  • Yes (But not willing to organize one)

votes
    50.0%
  • No

vote
    12.5%
  • Probably

vote
    12.5%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Would be interested in attending a domainers' meetup or even organize one? Your opinion is appreciated.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Just want to check if domainers think meeting would have a positive impact on their business.

•••
I think one advantage to meeting in person is that it humanizes the parties. Sometimes we (and I’ll admit to the same) tend to get a little too pointed or critical or teasing with our online communications and forget that there’s a human being at the other end.

Still, keeping things objective and impersonal may result in free and frank discussions but also sometimes - hurt feelings or online arguments.

I remember one time I was exchanging a bunch of emails with a British guy over some business deal and it ended up getting a little heated. Then he wrote something about how “emails can appear so cross” and suggested getting on the phone, after which we resolved everything nicely without further issue.

As far as the domain business though - I’m not selling to other domainers so I’m not sure how it would affect my actual domain business one way or another to meet fellow domainers. As far as I know, I’m selling to end users.

Last edited:
•••
Sure, when I say “positive impact on their business”, I mean getting and sharing ideas in person on how to improve their business. I don’t mean selling to eachother.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back