IT.COM

opinion If I list my domain at Dan marketplace, If a buyer comes to buy it... Will Dan show my profile

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Olushoy

Established Member
Impact
Hello,

Recently, a friend of mine told me that if you list your sales on Dan marketplace and an end-user comes to buy your domain.

Dan marketplace will show the end-user your details such as the name you used for registering on the marketplace and the country you used when registering for Dan.Com.

I am asking this question because I am using a totally different name to outbound and the name on my Dan Portfolio is my native name and the country I used for Dan registration is also different.

My question is "Have you ever bought a domain on Dan marketplace before, do they show sellers details such as country of origin and your personal name at the point of buying domains at Dan marketplace?

I am asking because I don't want my buyer to think I am trying to scam him with that.

Please I need response!!!

Thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Did you find the buyer yourself?

If so, you can get a DAN.com rate of 5% instead of paying them 9%.

However, they apparently also charge the buyer another 2% if the buyer pays by credit card... so their total is actually 7% (or 11%).

Regarding the name issue, if you found the buyer yourself, you don't need to list it on the DAN.com marketplace. You just use the DAN.com control panel to "import the lead" (you can ask DAN chat how).

However, using that method, I know that DAN.com does provide both buyer and seller with an invoice/receipt for the sale, and it has the buyer and seller names + addresses.

I don't know if they also provide the same type of invoice/receipt if it's bought via the marketplace... but my guess is that they would.

Last edited:
•••
Did you find the buyer yourself?

If so, you can get a DAN.com rate of 5% instead of 9%.

However, they apparently also charge the buyer another 2% if the buyer pays by credit card... so their total is actually 7% (or 11%).

Regarding the name issue, if you found the buyer yourself, you don't need to list it on the DAN.com marketplace. You just import the lead.

However, using that method, I know that DAN.com does provide both buyer and seller with an invoice/receipt for the sale, and it has the buyer and seller names + addresses.

I don't know if they also provide the same type of invoice/receipt if it's bought via the marketplace.

Sorry, is it after the buyer bought the domain through Dan link i sent to him that Dan will show him the invoice of my name and address?

•••
Buy why give DAN an extra 4% that way? By giving the link, instead of "importing the lead".

Anyway, I've never sold a domain on DAN by giving a link, so I don't know.

But you could look in your control panel to see if it shows an invoice/receipt like that. DAN.com chat may also tell you.

Last edited:
•••
Try this:

- Go here: https://dan.com/users/dashboard

- Then click on the recent sale, and it should bring-up the DAN chat/updates window about it.

- Then there are a few icons on the window... one of them is for invoices. Does it show up for you? You can click Buyer invoice, or Seller invoice... so try that, and see what it says.

•••
Buy why give DAN an extra 4% that way? By giving the link, instead of "importing the lead".

Anyway, I've never sold a domain on DAN by giving a link, so I don't know.

But you could look in your control panel to see if it shows an invoice/receipt like that. DAN.com chat may also tell you.

Okay thanks, I will import the lead right away...

My last question is the end user asked me how much is the domain, I told him the price and I also told him I am willing to accept offer not too far from the price I gave him...

He did not reply.

After some hours, I sent him the link through which he can purchase the domain...

My question now is that in this scenario. Can I import such end-user as a lead? I am sorry for asking this question, I am a newbie

•••
Okay thanks, I will import the lead right away...

My last question is the end user asked me how much is the domain, I told him the price and I also told him I am willing to accept offer not too far from the price I gave him...

He did not reply.

After some hours, I sent him the link through which he can purchase the domain...

My question now is that in this scenario. Can I import such end-user as a lead? I am sorry for asking this question, I am a newbie

Oh I see, so the sale isn't done yet.

You probably can still import the lead. You would probably first have to delete the domain from the DAN marketplace, and then import the lead in the control panel. You can ask DAN.com chat to exactly find out.

But the problem is that you can't really import a lead until you find out what the buyer is willing to pay.

In your case, maybe the link actually is the better way.

Anyway, I don't think the buyer gets the invoice with your name until after the sale is done... so you don't totally have to worry about that for the sale. But the DAN invoice does seem to provide the name + address of both buyer and seller... that's the case when importing a lead, and I expect it would be the same for a sale via a link (but I don't know... you can ask DAN chat to find out, or maybe others know).

Last edited:
•••
Also, if doing outbound, please only email people/companies that have a strong connection to the domain.

Like if you own the .com, and you contact companies at the .net, .org, .co.uk, etc. or my(thedomain).com or the(thedomain).com, etc.

In contrast, some people contact anyone in a certain industry related to the domain, but that's really spam.

And it hurts domain sales overall, because it causes people to ignore domain emails, and email filters even put domain emails into the spam folder.

---

Also, another option is Afternic.com. If you place a domain for sale at Afternic.com, it can even show-up at a lot of registrars as a suggested purchase, if people search for a related domain. And it will also turn-up at auctions.godaddy.com

I think the fee is 20%, but it may result in sales without you having to send emails to buyers. And I don't think your personal info gets disclosed to the buyer.

---

Another option is Dynadot.com

https://www.dynadot.com/community/help/question/list-domain

Their fee is only 5% if you keep the funds at Dynadot (to use for domain registrations, renewals, or transfers). Or you can pay another 5% to withdraw. So it's still better than the 11% at DAN.com.

I haven't tried them though, but it might be a better option for you. Their webchat can answer questions on how it works.

But I do know that it would let you give a link too.

Last edited:
•••
Okay... Does afternic or epik also show seller details after a sale is done?

•••
I don't think Afternic does.

I don't know at Epik or Dynadot... but their fees are lower than DAN at least (although a benefit of DAN is that the buyer can get the domain at the registrar they usually use).

Last edited:
•••
DAN is 9% commish or 8% if they pay by wire. Not sure where you are getting 11%.

•••
DAN is 9% commish or 8% if they pay by wire. Not sure where you are getting 11%.

That's because of the VAT component. The total will be 10.9% (without discount for paying by wire).

DAN VAT.png

Last edited:
•••
Thanks everyone, Can you guys help me with the best sales letter on how to reply an end user who ask for price and after telling him the price and the given him the link to follow to purchase it and since last week. He ghosted me.

I am trying to re-outbound to him again. How best can I reply him this week when I outbound to him again.

•••

Sorry that I didn't reply to this earlier.

But they do charge an extra 2% if the buyer pays by credit card. Or 1% by PayPal, but it's only an option for sales up to $1500.

So it's 9% + 2% = 11%

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back