IT.COM

poll If I could only use one registrar for the next 12 months it would be?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

If you could use only one registrar for the next 12 months, which would it be?

• 12th (tie)

Domain.com

votes
    0.0%
  • 12th (tie)

DirectNic

votes
    0.0%
  • 12th (tie)

Dotster

votes
    0.0%
  • 12th (tie)

Namepal

votes
    0.0%
  • 12th (tie)

Network Solutions

votes
    0.0%
  • 12th (tie)

ResellerClub

votes
    0.0%
  • 12th (tie)

HiChina

votes
    0.0%
  • 12th (tie)

Hostinger

votes
    0.0%
  • 12th (tie)

HostPapa

votes
    0.0%
  • 12th (tie)

Hover

votes
    0.0%
  • 12th (tie)

Ionos

votes
    0.0%
  • 12th (tie)

Joker.com

votes
    0.0%
  • 12th (tie)

101Domain

votes
    0.0%
  • 12th (tie)

Gandi

votes
    0.0%
  • 12th (tie)

Public Domain Registry

votes
    0.0%
  • 12th (tie)

Onamae

votes
    0.0%
  • 12th (tie)

Register.it

votes
    0.0%
  • 12th (tie)

Moniker

votes
    0.0%
  • 12th (tie)

Register.com

votes
    0.0%

equity78

Top Member
TheDomains Staff
TLDInvestors.com
Impact
It seems some want this to compare and contrast, so I will oblige.

If you could only pick one registrar and that was who you had to register and keep your domains at for one full year (this is a hypothetical, no one lose their mind please) For 2021 that would be?

No employees, Votes are public.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
the winner will always be a dynadot, why make repeated polls like this :-P

•••
the winner will always be a dynadot, why make repeated polls like this :-P

Not really, maybe just recently(last year+ or so, more or less).

It does make me wonder why exactly Dynadot wins.
A real mystery...

Last edited:
•••
Why is the list of registrars not in alphabetical order? That can influence the outcome.

•••
Why is the list of registrars not in alphabetical order? That can influence the outcome.
He made the other 2021 best registrar poll and was notified about making it alphabetical 2 days prior to making this one.
But somehow, he not only forgot, but made this list even fancier than the first one.
Shady man.

•••
Dynadot 116 votes
Namecheap 38 votes
Epik 35 votes
Godaddy 28 votes
Namesilo 20 votes
Porkbun 19 votes
Sav 15 votes
295 voters

•••
Epik.com due to 3 factor authentication and an array of additional features.

•••
I like Epik as it has served me well for the past several years.

•••
ive said this before, why dont we all chip in and buy a registrar, a registrar owned by domainers would make beautiful sense. Just an option. ty.

•••
ive said this before, why dont we all chip in and buy a registrar, a registrar owned by domainers would make beautiful sense. Just an option. ty.

Sounds nice in principal. Really how much does it cost upfront, and how much do we need for running expenses, office, staffing, softare, etc. What kind of services will it provide? And how much does it cost to stay secure. I suggest we lease Dynadot's backend :) How much would THAT cost :) Who would manage/oversee it's operation?

Last edited:
•••
It seems some want this to compare and contrast, so I will oblige.

If you could only pick one registrar and that was who you had to register and keep your domains at for one full year (this is a hypothetical, no one lose their mind please) For 2021 that would be?

No employees, Votes are public.
Well, which one of these truly adhere to the "may" part of ICANN's 60-day lock GUIDELINES, not rules, by not enforcing those locks? If there's any like that with $9-$10 max .coms, then that will be the one registrar for the whole year. If not, then NONE.

•••
Dynadot 116 votes
Namecheap 38 votes
Epik 35 votes
Godaddy 28 votes
Namesilo 20 votes
Porkbun 19 votes
Sav 15 votes
295 voters

when I see

Namesilo 20 votes
Godaddy 28 votes
and next
Epik 35 votes

I ask myself why I waste my time at namepros

•••
Never use just one register.

•••
Well, which one of these truly adhere to the "may" part of ICANN's 60-day lock GUIDELINES, not rules, by not enforcing those locks? If there's any like that with $9-$10 max .coms, then that will be the one registrar for the whole year. If not, then NONE.

Dynadot is your Registrar. They are like a breath of fresh air in this industry. They don't enforce transfer locks for any of Verisign (.com etc) or Donuts domains. The 2 main Registries who don't enforce transfer locks in this industry. I can transfer a .com domain to Dynadot and transfer it out again immediately the same day. Should I have a need to do so. Like I've sold the domain :) Now ask your Registrar if they can do that. If not. They are not following the rules of the Registry (Verisign or Donuts). Which trumps ICANN's 60 day lock GUIDELINES.

Last edited:
•••
Been with GoDaddy for 10+ years. Will always be my "hub" but just bought (5) on namecheap for the discount and because GoDaddy was down. Simple enough, cheap and reliable.

•••
Dynadot is your Registrar. They are like a breath of fresh air in this industry. They don't enforce transfer locks for any of Verisign (.com etc) or Donuts domains. The 2 main Registries who don't enforce transfer locks in this industry. I can transfer a .com domain to Dynadot and transfer it out again immediately the same day. Should I have a need to do so. Like I've sold the domain :) Now ask your Registrar if they can do that. If not. They are not following the rules of the Registry (Verisign or Donuts). Which trumps ICANN's 60 day lock GUIDELINES.

Will they really do same day Stu?

•••
Yep. I asked them specifically. The immediacy is only if the lock is turned on or off. And a domain is ready to go. You don't even need support. You can turn the lock off/on yourself from within the control panel, IIRC, from trying it :) For me it was automatically turned off (no blocking). I imagine that is the default option.

Last edited:
•••
Now. C'mon. REALLY. What other registrars allow this kind of transfer? Transfer in and out on the same day.

Last edited:
•••
Ddot is surely the closest, but what about the REG-lock? :sick:

•••
Ddot is surely the closest, but what about the REG-lock? :sick:

Dream On. Every domain has a registry lock for the first 60 days of their life. Even Verisign and Donuts domains have to comply with ICANN's rulings about Registry Locks.

•••
Will they really do same day Stu?

I see I didn't reply to your question with a reply. So just in case you need it. Here it is. And my reply is above :)

•••
Well, here we go again..... I'm searching for a registrar of gold, and I'm getting old........:xf.sick:👵🧓

•••
•••
•••
•••
Back