Dynadot

poll If I could only use one registrar for the next 12 months it would be?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

If you could use only one registrar for the next 12 months, which would it be?

• 12th (tie)

Domain.com

votes
    0.0%
  • 12th (tie)

DirectNic

votes
    0.0%
  • 12th (tie)

Dotster

votes
    0.0%
  • 12th (tie)

Namepal

votes
    0.0%
  • 12th (tie)

Network Solutions

votes
    0.0%
  • 12th (tie)

ResellerClub

votes
    0.0%
  • 12th (tie)

HiChina

votes
    0.0%
  • 12th (tie)

Hostinger

votes
    0.0%
  • 12th (tie)

HostPapa

votes
    0.0%
  • 12th (tie)

Hover

votes
    0.0%
  • 12th (tie)

Ionos

votes
    0.0%
  • 12th (tie)

Joker.com

votes
    0.0%
  • 12th (tie)

101Domain

votes
    0.0%
  • 12th (tie)

Gandi

votes
    0.0%
  • 12th (tie)

Public Domain Registry

votes
    0.0%
  • 12th (tie)

Onamae

votes
    0.0%
  • 12th (tie)

Register.it

votes
    0.0%
  • 12th (tie)

Moniker

votes
    0.0%
  • 12th (tie)

Register.com

votes
    0.0%

equity78

Top Member
TheDomains Staff
TLDInvestors.com
Impact
It seems some want this to compare and contrast, so I will oblige.

If you could only pick one registrar and that was who you had to register and keep your domains at for one full year (this is a hypothetical, no one lose their mind please) For 2021 that would be?

No employees, Votes are public.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Suspense.
Godaddy took the lead against epik and namecheap.
Completely different from 3 choices where godaddy is beaten by epik namecheap namesilo and porkbun, all by a considerable number.
Crazy.

Namesilo 12 votes.
Sav 12 votes.
Porkbun 14 votes.
Namecheap 21 votes.
Epik 22 votes.
Godaddy 23 votes.
187 voters.

•••
I'd vote Dynadot, Dynadot, Dynadot (well for the worst registrar I've vote them last). Actually I probably haven't voted in the worst registrar contest because I only use 4 registrars, Dynadot, GoDaddy, Epik, NameBright. I should probably vote for GoDaddy in the worst registrar poll. They give me so much more trouble than the other 3 registrars combined. There are many problems. Speed is awful, login downright awful, no support.. well there is but no free call to the capital city, and it's not 24hrs local time, so usually a complete waste of time and money (that's if my phone card can bear the charges). No email support. So basically, zero support. Many problems on the website, intermittently. GoDaddy are even choosy about which browser you use. None of these things are worries the other 3 registrars. OK, I've convinced myself to vote Godaddy last :)

I can't really say I use any registrar other than Dynadot. The other registrars are just feeders to Dynadot after the 60 day lock is removed, they get moved immediately out.

Last edited:
•••
nobody in his/her right mind would choose Epik as the only registrar
if there were no other options to choose from
as an alternative registrar for the next 12 month

people still voting for epik here

for that exact reason
I find this poll ridiculously
and unfortunately, that makes namepros
a mediocre source of information
for newbies
and experience domainers

whom are you going to fool?

Last edited:
•••

for that exact reason
for newbies
and experience domainers

Indeed.
As of now, no one would ever choose them as their only registrar.

They in for solidarity, let them be. Fanbase is loyal but limited.

This thread is not getting enough votes, title should be changed to something like
2021 best single registrar.
Current title sounds more like a debate than an actual best registrar poll.
Mod @Bravo Mod Team said it can be done if thread starter wants it.
Problem is thread starter is the one that intellectually engineered this fancy thread, to start with.

But wtv.
Results are interesting, and theres time to go.

•••
I like NameSilo because I never see them on here trying to push their company or game polls.

•••

for that exact reason
for newbies
and experience domainers

Frank no disrespect but this is one of the biggest problems in the world today, people can't disagree, they have to go to the point of, "If I don't believe it's true or right, no one can believe it's true or right."

Epik certainly has members here that they are their #1, maybe not who you or I or the majority voted for, but they certainly have supporters.

Secondly this thread is public, members like Haroon and Brad are real members not trolls here, Internext has been here 16 years. It's not a reflection on Namepros people are allowed to vote for who they want to vote for.

I voted for GoDaddy, why because if I could only use one, for many non domainers GoDaddy = Domain names. They are the only registrar I have had end user and repeat buyers get cocky with me telling me the name must be at GoDaddy before they will pay. Brokering a name once to a repeat client, I said I don't know if he will transfer it to GoDaddy and then push, you can just transfer it out. Her reply, "Your client needs our money more than we need their name, transfer it and push or tell them to get lost!!!"

@Bravo Mod Team I did not see any mention of changing the title name if I wanted it. If you want to do that, it's cool with me.

One reason why not as many votes, a lot of members don't like their votes to be public, since this started I had 3 texts voted in the first poll can't in the second, I don't do public voting it's no one's business. Now to those who love the public polls I am sure that is incredulous and unbelievable and a sin against God and Man. But people don't all agree on just about anything, I would agree there are some thing we wish we would all agree on like anti hate, or bigotry or pedophilia but something as pedestrian as domain forum polls it's going to be all over the place.

•••
"If I don't believe it's true or right, no one can believe it's true or right."

I absolutely agree
thank you for mentioning it.

I wasn't aware who voted for Epik
was expecting Epik spam again

still no idea, why someone would choose epik before any other registar

•••
No employees, Votes are public.

At a quick cursory glance, it appears that at last one Epik staff member is not following that rule.

Brad

•••
I voted for GoDaddy, why because if I could only use one, for many non domainers GoDaddy = Domain names. They are the only registrar I have had end user and repeat buyers get cocky with me telling me the name must be at GoDaddy before they will pay. Brokering a name once to a repeat client, I said I don't know if he will transfer it to GoDaddy and then push, you can just transfer it out. Her reply, "Your client needs our money more than we need their name, transfer it and push or tell them to get lost!!!"

Yep, that is a key part to my vote. Is GoDaddy perfect? No.

Do they have 50%+ of the entire market share? Yes.

Afternic is also a key venue that not every other registrar is a partner with. If you sell to end users, GoDaddy is the registrar with the least friction as the vast majority of people already have a GoDaddy account. If not, they at least know of GoDaddy.

It is not quite as easy when you are dealing with lesser known registrars that end users have likely never heard of.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
It is not quite as easy when you are dealing with lesser known registrars that end users have likely never heard of. Brad

I understand that to a large extent. I only sell thru my own website which all sales goes thru Escrow.com so the buyer can decide where they want the domain to reside, or Afternic, where my domains gain exposure by being listed at GoDaddy too. Afternic/GoDaddy are asleep at the wheel. I sold 1 domain recently on Fast Transfer, It was removed from my account on day 1. It took 7-8 days before they got paid (I suppose) and another 6-7 days before I got paid. So I think this Fast Transfer BS. Is mostly just that. How they handle their backend is a mystery with the domain being taken out on day 1 and being paid 14 days later. That's not Fast Transfer for the seller, at least.

I have never come across anybody crying to me about a domain must be at GoDaddy. Because the sales processes take care of that. IMHO. But I don't have many domains which are not priced. That IS a double edged sword. But I just don't have the patience to continually be dealing with low-ballers, domainers or non-domainers.

•••
I'm kinda surprised that my NGTLDs fair very well on GoDaddy for presentation. That can only be because of their non-fast transfer Afternic listings.

•••
•••
At a quick cursory glance, it appears that at last one Epik staff member is not following that rule.

Brad
And one Godaddy staff member too.

•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
•••
Registrar polls are confusing, because people not only rate the registrar function. They also rate aftermarket features, web hosting, and other things.

•••
Registrar polls are confusing, because people not only rate the registrar function. They also rate aftermarket features, web hosting, and other things.

True that's why it really should translate to overall experience. Like I love functions of Name.com that make things easier for managing domains compared to GoDaddy. But overall if there was just one choice I would go with GoDaddy for the aftermarket and brand awareness to those outside domaining.

•••
But overall if there was just one choice I would go with GoDaddy for the aftermarket and brand awareness to those outside domaining.

How important is that, REALLY? I said in one of the other threads, I mostly sell on fixed prices either from my own website or via Afternic. I never encounter that problem. With either of my selling options (Escrow.com or Afternic.com). It's handled within the payment process.

Last edited:
•••
How important is that, REALLY? I said in one of the other threads, I mostly sell on fixed prices either from my own website or via Afternic. I never encounter that problem. With either of my selling options (Escrow.com or Afternic.com). It's handled within the payment process.

I have encountered it at least a dozen times.

•••
I have encountered it at least a dozen times.

How do you mostly sell your domains? Thru which platforms? Presumably you are also not selling at fixed prices, if you are entering into discussions with potential buyers?

A dozen times out of 1200 sales isn't a lot :)

Last edited:
•••
Dynadot.com - No question about that.

•••
Dynadot 95 votes
Namecheap 29 votes
Godaddy 26 votes
Epik 26 votes
Namesilo 17 votes
Porkbun 16 votes
SAV 12 votes

240 voters.