IT.COM

(If) Escrow.com is not great now, what other service do you use?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

(If) Escrow.com is not great now, what other service do you use for a swift deal?

domainerfella

DN.DOMAINSTop Member
Impact
Hi

I have a transaction in Escrow.com that is showing status "buyer selected a payment method, wait for us to secure funds" from the 29th. It is a for a small amount. Emails regarding this are unanswered.

So, I am wondering if Escrow.com has lost its shine, what other service are you guys using now?

Please vote! Let me know if I have to add any other services.

Thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Escrow has been working fine for me.

Sometimes payment doesnt clear and they request a different method from the buyer. In one transaction this happened twice for me, no big.

Yours started on the 29th which is also right before a weekend

•••
Hi Domainerfella,
I haven't looked at your transaction as yet, but speaking generally we wait on funds to arrive via credit card, PayPal, check or wire transfer. International wire transfers can take several days to arrive in our accounts if forwarding banks are required. As soon as those funds are received and matched to your transaction we'll let you know with a status update.

As always if you would like to get more specific about this individual transaction, chat, email or phone to reach our support team (or me) is always available.

Best regards,
Jackson Elsegood

•••
I just did a transaction with a "new" escrow.com a couple months back and had no problems.

I'd just note that the 29th was a Friday... without knowing the time the status changed, perhaps the weekend had begun. The 1st, Saturday... the 2nd Sunday. So really, Monday the 3rd was the first "business" day and you posted this 2 business days later. Seems like a reasonable time frame so far.

(On the grass is always greener, my Sedo transactions usually take weeks for even the smallest of payments.)

Anyway... Have you confirmed what day and time the buyer sent their payment and by what means?

•••
I respect people's right to express their opinions, but i wont lie, these anti escrow.com threads irk me a bit...because i dont think Escrow,.com deserve this negative publicity. Most of these threads also turn out to be simple misunderstandings. Happy to know your transaction is flowing smoothly now.

•••
I respect people's right to express their opinions, but i wont lie, these anti escrow.com threads irk me a bit...because i dont think Escrow,.com deserve this negative publicity. Most of these threads also turn out to be simple misunderstandings. Happy to know your transaction is flowing smoothly now.

True but we all want Escrow.com to succeed because that is the industry's preferred payment method. In fact, escrow.com is the paypal of the domain industry. However, since Freelancer bought the company and when I see what they(freelancer) turned WarriorForum into, there is need to be really worried and the complaints are not really helping. At warrior forum, freelancer is all about money, making money and as a result, there are just too many UGLY needless features SCREAMING... we want your money. They forgot the basis, the foundation, the bond, the community, the family, the friendship and just name it. It is really sad!

Last edited:
•••
Escrow.com has a whois-protection problem. They have only sit-and-wait-forever solution if buyer puts privacy on the domain and forgets marking it as received.
The solution is Escrow.com should be the middleman like Sedo escrow. First, Escrow.com should receive the domain from the seller (here seller's action is finished and payment should be released) and then transfer it to the buyer.

•••
True but we all want Escrow.com to succeed because that is the industry's preferred payment method. In fact, escrow.com is the paypal of the domain industry. However, since Freelancer bought the company and when I see what they(freelancer) turned warriorforum into, there is need to be really worried and the complaints are not really helping. At warrior forum, freelancer is all about money, making money and as a result, there are just too many UGLY needless features SCREAMING... we want your money. They forgot the basis, the foundation, the bond, the community, the family, the friendship and just name it. It is really sad!

Well said mate, you hit the nail on the head mate. I also watched what happened to WF since the take over and hope Escrow doesn't end up going the same way....

•••
Escrow.com has a whois-protection problem. They have only sit-and-wait-forever solution if buyer puts privacy on the domain and forgets marking it as received.
The solution is Escrow.com should be the middleman like Sedo escrow. First, Escrow.com should receive the domain from the seller (here seller's action is finished and payment should be released) and then transfer it to the buyer.

I have never used the Escrow.com premier service.
If it is not doing what you mentioned above then what's the extra fee for? :|

•••
I never had any problems with Escrow.com but when I want to use and/or cash out to Paypal then I use Ecop.com. You should add Ecop to the voting list because they are great to work with.

•••
I always use the namesilo.com marketplace BIN listing for smaller transactions (only available to domains registered with namesilo.com). 7.5% commission, no minimum commission fee, and the domain is instantly and automatically transferred to the buyer upon payment, so other there is no work involved other than setting up the BIN option. Payout is available after 7 days.

•••
I have never used the Escrow.com premier service.
If it is not doing what you mentioned above then what's the extra fee for? :|

Fees for clearing the buyer's payment, keeping it and releasing it to you. They don't bother with the domain transfer process.

•••
Hi sorry, this is not to tarnish Escrow.com's image. I give them the benefit of doubt, but want to find out what other options are available which are swift and easy to use.

•••
I never had any problems with Escrow.com but when I want to use and/or cash out to Paypal then I use Ecop.com. You should add Ecop to the voting list because they are great to work with.
Unable to add new ones to the voteD-:

•••
I just did a transaction with a "new" escrow.com a couple months back and had no problems.

I'd just note that the 29th was a Friday... without knowing the time the status changed, perhaps the weekend had begun. The 1st, Saturday... the 2nd Sunday. So really, Monday the 3rd was the first "business" day and you posted this 2 business days later. Seems like a reasonable time frame so far.

(On the grass is always greener, my Sedo transactions usually take weeks for even the smallest of payments.)

Anyway... Have you confirmed what day and time the buyer sent their payment and by what means?
Escrow forwarded me this yesterday that they sent it to buyer:
Escrow.com has received your funds via PayPal. However, before we can approve your payment, please adjust your Escrow.com "My Profile" contact address to reflect the same confirmed shipping address that you selected when sending your funds via PayPal. The Seller will then be prompted to transfer to the PayPal confirmed address. Please respond to this email when this has been completed and we will approve your funds. Thank you!

As for now, the transaction is still "waiting to secure funds" though the buyer claims he put in his funds on the 29th.

•••
•••
Fees for clearing the buyer's payment, keeping it and releasing it to you. They don't bother with the domain transfer process.

Hello,

We do now assist with the transfer process. Our Domain Concierge Service will hold the domain securely in Escrow.com's registrar account throughout the transaction and ensure safe delivery to the buyer.Our staff will manage the receipt of both the funds and the domain into Escrow.com's secure accounts, check the domain against the purchase agreement and complete the transfer to the buyer.

https://www.escrow.com/services/domain-concierge

Thank you,
Mauli Fry
[email protected]

•••
"Just wanted to update again that this had to do with the buyer using different email IDs for Paypal transaction and Escrow profile. Hence they were not able to accept the funds. There might have been a communication gap/delay though. Escrow.com is doing everything they can to help with this transaction."

•••
•••
•••
I used safefunds.com to sell an expensive electronics item without any problems, they're a good alternative.

•••
Hi Domainerfella,
I haven't looked at your transaction as yet, but speaking generally we wait on funds to arrive via credit card, PayPal, check or wire transfer. International wire transfers can take several days to arrive in our accounts if forwarding banks are required. As soon as those funds are received and matched to your transaction we'll let you know with a status update.

As always if you would like to get more specific about this individual transaction, chat, email or phone to reach our support team (or me) is always available.

Best regards,
Jackson Elsegood

Hi Jackson, I did a $5,000 transaction in August 2016 and everything went fine. This month I logged in to my Escrow account to begin another transaction but got a terrible notice. The notice says that I logged in from a banned location, that Escrow do not accept nor send money to banks in Nigeria.

So Jackson, why such sudden change? Why not even a consideration to a long term customer? Why the ban in the first place? Escrow was supposed to be a secure haven for all sorts of transaction from all kinds of locations?

Pls kindly respond to this.

Thanks

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back