Dynadot

IDN .at domains for FREE..! (from 10/01 to 11/30)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
From 10/01 to 11/30 2006 you will have the possibility to register your IDN (domain including umlauts / special characters) with selected at-partners free of charge for the first year.
Nic.at are offering IDN domain names for free from 10/01 to 11/30. Only new registrations. Note that IDN .at domains have been allowed since 03/31/2004.

You can search a list of registarars offering this at at-partner.at.

List of allowed IDN characters:

à - Latin small letter a with grave
á - Latin small letter a with acute
â - Latin small letter a with circumflex
ã - Latin small letter a with tilde
ä - Latin small letter a with diaeresis
å - Latin small letter a with ring above
æ - Latin small letter ae
ç - Latin small letter c with cedilla
è - Latin small letter e with grave
é - Latin small letter e with acute
ê - Latin small letter e with circumflex
ë - Latin small letter e with diaeresis
ì - Latin small letter i with grave
í - Latin small letter i with acute
î - Latin small letter i with circumflex
ï - Latin small letter i with diaeresis
ð - Latin small letter eth
ñ - Latin small letter n with tilde
ò - Latin small letter o with grave
ó - Latin small letter o with acute
ô - Latin small letter o with circumflex
õ - Latin small letter o with tilde
ö - Latin small letter o with diaeresis
ø - Latin small letter o with stroke
ù - Latin small letter u with grave
ú - Latin small letter u with acute
û - Latin small letter u with circumflex
ü - Latin small letter u with diaeresis
ý - Latin small letter y with acute
þ - Latin small letter thorn
ÿ - Latin small letter y with diaeresis
œ - Latin small ligature oe
š - Latin small letter s with caron
ž - Latin small letter z with caron

IDN Domain name converter (nic.at)

central

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
There is one I fetched. But it requires your credit card information. No deductions from it, but it is mandatory of you need to acquire domains.

•••
what about if i use like my visa giftcard that only has $1.27 on it? wouldnt that still work since it acts as a CC

•••
if you dont try, you wont know

•••
ctc said:
That still doent mean anything..still an inside thing...
does your neighbour, uncle, grocer, firends, or collegues, know what the hell an IDN is...?if they do then we will talk again :)

People that aren't domainers probably would think that foreign language urls already exist if you were to take a poll.

My guess is that 99.9% of internet users don't give a hoot about the domain "business" and 99.5% would not know what the letters URL stand for, much less an IDN.

IDNs were not created for the English speaking population, but for those that don't speak English...80% of the world population included. When they catch
wind of using "their" native language domain names, it won't take long for them to become very popular and begin appearing in advertising etc.

Last edited:
•••
Billidn said:
99.5% would not know what the letters URL stand for

uniform resource locator :p

•••
I doubt that. Is there an expiration date on the card, also with a 3 digit PIN?

what about if i use like my visa giftcard that only has $1.27 on it? wouldnt that still work since it acts as a CC

•••
can u tell me where to register these domains?? i am trying at godaddy but it is showing 79.99dollars per annum ???

i mean they were supposed to be free right?? then wher should i register them.. i dont have a credit card :(

•••
champ_rock said:
can u tell me where to register these domains?? i am trying at godaddy but it is showing 79.99dollars per annum ???
central said:
You can search a list of registrars offering this at at-partner.at.
Please read the first post and you'll find the link. I don't know if anyone has registered many free names and where they have done so but I assume most registrars requires a credit card.

central

•••
The main reason I didnt register them. I have a cc but am skeptical about it on those websites.
I assume most registrars requires a credit card.

•••
please tell me if there is any site which does not require credit cards ???

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back