NameSilo

Identity.digital just released 21.155 Premium Domains, including chat.info!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Entrepreneurl

Established Member
Impact
Hi folks,

I got an email from 101domain the other day that identity.digital is releasing some 21k premium domains which they kept locked - until now.

Facts:
  • Release Date: June 12, 17:00 UTC
  • Domains: 21.155
  • TLDs: 16 different (.poker, .bio, .black, .vote, .info, and so on)
  • Highlights:
    • 1-Character Domains, like: a, e, 0, 1, x!
    • 2-Character Domains, like: us, ai, we, do !
    • Geographic Domains, like california, lasvegas, nyc!
    • Short words, like chat!
  • Pricing: Obviously - very premium. Chat.info is currently at 3,1k reg/renewal. Others start at 150 reg/renewal. Prices are dropping during the early access phase which will end June 19th. Then the general availability phase will start.
  • Registrars: It seems only 101domain picked this up and changed their availability checking. For namecheap, for example, all domains are still 'taken'.

101domain provided a pdf in their email which you can download here: https://images.101domain.com/market...m/Identity-Digital-Premium-Domain-Release.pdf

-(Self-Promoted search tool removed by moderation)-

So, what is your favrouite domain? Did you pick any up?

My top 3
- chat.info
- ai.info
- 00.poker

Best

Till

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
A lot more domains, like ny.vote or f1.info, were registered since the general availability phase started.
Strangely, the prices seem not to have dropped or not dropped significantly and are still marked up a lot compared to regular non-premium tlds. I'll keep my fingers off these domains because of the high renewals. Did anyone pick up some for reasonable prices?

•••
Do you plan to sell them or develop them? The renewal fee looks pretty hefty on ip.info. The pool of potential buyers must be much smaller for something like that, so what if you have to carry it for a long time?
Yeah after I got IN.BIO I kinda rushed to grab IP.INFO and didn't really consider the renewal cost. I definitely would have blinked twice, but probably still went for it. I actually am interested in developing both domains (Link In Bio service and IP geolocation). I will try to get a basic working site up on IP.INFO and see how hard it is to get traffic in that niche, so I can make a decision when the hefty renewal comes around. The IN.BIO is a lot more competitive niche, I am less likely to build it out but the renewal is only ~$500. I think maybe an existing service will want to use it for a shortlink.

In general, what are aftermarket sales like for domains with premium renewals? I see enough for sale that I'm curious how it works.
I'm guessing a lot of buyers don't even know the renewal costs, depending on where they buy. Aftermarkets should include that info more prominently. I know I even forget to check sometimes, and have ended up dropping names that were too much.

•••
IP geolocation
I will try to get a basic working site up on IP.INFO and see how hard it is to get traffic in that niche, so I can make a decision when the hefty renewal comes around.

That makes sense to me assuming it's ad supported without any obligations to customers. If it doesn't earn enough money, you just drop it and the first year fee is less than buying a high quality aftermarket domain.

Link In Bio service

That one is harder for me to understand because, once people are depending on it, dropping it causes reputational damage, even if it's only a little bit. Some people will feel abandoned and complain loudly.

Last edited:
•••
That one is harder for me to understand because, once people are depending on it, dropping it causes reputational damage, even if it's only a little bit. Some people will feel abandoned and complain loudly.
I won’t drop IN.BIO either way. it’s only $500/year and an ideal link shortener domain. I’ll build it or wait for a buyer. some existing LinkInBio service might want to upgrade, since it is generic enough for any of them to use

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back