Status
Not open for further replies.

mike1707

Established Member
Impact
SolrPowr.com

any estimate or info would be greatly appreciated on its worth

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I see where you were going with this name when you regged it, I feel it, I think there is a chance that a company might brand with a Solar name like yours, Companies like to avoid exact spellings on their brands for copyright and TM reasons, Such as , instead of using Night, They will use Nite. Lyte instead of Light.

I would hang on to the name, I don't see a reseller wanting to buy it, The name is not Domainer attractive But as for branding, and the Solar Power Energy market just now starting to find it's place in the direct consumer market place, It would not surprise me to see a startup company wanting your name, I can't put a specific dollar value on it though. The name is a wild card IMO, But worth regging with either your own development, Or the chance an enduser company may want to brand it to their company.

Best Of Luck with it

.X.

•••
These kind of names have mainly been used for social networking services and different IT-startups. Not sure they will fit well into other industries. Using this domain could also work as unintended indirect marketing for solarpower.com.

•••
I would keep. Contact power companies.

•••
I think its not worth anything ,let say reg fee I think if you had solRpower.com that would be great ,but a doule hack that is hard as hell to remember is bad. you paid for private reg ,so you are into this for at least 18 bucks ,and the taste time has past .I would stop buying domains and read this whole site over the next six months , visit domainshane.com daily ,you will learn a lot . good luck

•••
It has two missing letters, so probably not a good typo, nor an appealing brand. Good Luck

Last edited:
•••
no value for this name

those who give false hope, only help the registrars

and to encourage the solicitation of such names, hurts the community as a whole

imo....

•••
I don't see much value either. Both words are missing letters. A for effort.

•••
I don't think this one is very viable. It looks like leet speak.
Sometimes brand names are made using deliberate misspellings like flickr (but they often end up buying the 'correct' version after suffering from insurmountable confusion). But they usually tweak just one letter.
Building a brand on this name will be an uphill battle.

•••
I feel no value in this domain name. The spelling of that is just horrible.

•••
Looks good for a start up.

•••
Hmmm, not feeling this one. Sorry I would say reg-fee here

Good luck

•••
Imagine if you were a power company and you were trying to get people to remember your brand 'solrpowr' - its quite awful to say without sounding like someone who just cant speak. Just try saying it out loud and you'll get what I'm saying - imo.

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back