Dynadot

opinion ICANN Staff Lie To Public In UDRP Policy Status Report

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
ICANN staff published a Policy Status Report regarding the UDRP in early March 2022, which is open for public comments until this coming Tuesday (deadline is April 19, 2022 at 23:59 UTC). Unfortunately, the staff who prepared it lie to the public, making it another worthless document for those who seek to improve the deeply-flawed domain name dispute resolution procedure. It’s clear that the fix is in, and ICANN staff are merely going through the motions in order to arrive at a predetermined outcome, one that will not address the numerous problems of the UDRP experienced by registrants.

See the rest of the article on my blog here:

https://freespeech.com/2022/04/17/icann-staff-lie-to-public-in-udrp-policy-status-report/

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
I was not going to publish a comment, but decided to put something together at the last moment. It is not quite the masterpiece George submitted, but something is better than nothing.

https://www.icann.org/en/public-com...3-03-2022/submissions/mugford-brad-19-04-2022

George, again I appreciate all the work you do on this. Dealing with ICANN can be discouraging to say the least, as they just seem to do whatever they want regardless of feedback.

For instance during the .ORG private equity takeover attempt there were thousands of comments against it, and maybe less than 10 for it...despite that ICANN dismissed the comments and were still on track to approve it.

It was really only the California AG's involvement that likely pushed them to eventually reject it.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
George, again I appreciate all the work you do on this. Dealing with ICANN can be discouraging to say the least, as they just seem to do whatever they want regardless of feedback.

Indeed, a monopoly like ICANN can and does act with impunity, regardless of the feedback they receive. They'd be even happier if folks didn't comment at all, so at least we're on the record opposing their bad proposals and decisions. Hopefully things will change in the future to hold them accountable for all they've done.

•••
•••
I was just reading through the public comments. There are around 40 at the moment.

One that left me scratching my head used the term "Nazi" 9 different times including the following language -

IAC says the present UDRP is grossly biased in favor of trademark holders. The domain name holders are subjected to RDNH akin to the Jews of Europe being eliminated in Auschwitz gas chambers. IAC demands a DENAZIFICATION of ICANN and the UDRP along with its NAZI collaborators like WIPO. It seems WIPO selects their panelist for their stupidity and for strict obedience to follow WIPO's self created gas chamber operation rules. It is no coincidence that WIPO is located in Switzerland where the bulk of the Nazi Gold was stored. IAC shall list out a few of WIPO's tricks to RDNH IAC's domain.

Seriously...WTF.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
I was just reading through the public comments. There are around 40 at the moment.

One that left me scratching my head used the term "Nazi" 9 different times including the following language -

Yes, there were some bizarre submissions....

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back