Dan.com
  • → We are performing maintenance. The site may be temporarily unavailable. ←

discuss I was shocked to see .ME sales

Namecheap
Impact
Somehow I happened to check .ME sales and here is what I came across:

Mesales.png

Just look at single word names like Flora, 3 letter names, prospect, contractor etc. All these are terrific brandable names with great potential. .ME is like the LinkedIn of the internet if you look at it in one way. I don't know why the sales are so low and the extension is not taking off.

Not that I am heavily invested but really, this is one extension I wish and hope takes off!
What's your thought on this?

Last edited:
In the (paraphrased) words of our lord and saviour - one day everyone will know the truth about .me despite all of the nay sayers!!

I like .ME personally, especially when the word matches the word 'me'. I also wonder whether there's a play on meta looming.

I'm not heavily invested either, I have about 10.

Impact
In the (paraphrased) words of our lord and saviour - one day everyone will know the truth about .me despite all of the nay sayers!!

I like .ME personally, especially when the word matches the word 'me'. I also wonder whether there's a play on meta looming.

I'm not heavily invested either, I have about 10.
I don't think it has a connection to meta in any way or would ever have.
But still, individually, a big value that it adds to the personal profile maybe.

It's not what we think, it's what the end user / company thinks unfortunately.
Think from an individual's perspective. Maybe it is the number of registrations rather than sales we should be tracking? What do you say?