IT.COM

discuss I Want to Make Blogs to Promote my Own Domains, Am I mad?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I am getting frustrated using the top marketplaces. I used to get good results from Sedo & Dan.com. Since the GoDaddy take-over, I am experiencing various admin problems and errors, very annoying and time-wasting! So, maybe it's time to try out building simple friendly blogs/mini-sites and promoting them via Quora/Reddit/Medium, etc. Get the domains SEO ranked using my AHREFS tool with good search + low-comp + well-written content. Most importantly Escrow.com will be part of the transaction process. I have used them recently and it was a pleasant, fast, and seamless process.

Just wondered if anyone here has any thoughts on promoting domains like this.

Thank you.

Peter

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
You're not mad at all.

I've had lots of wp sites in the past that I used as portfolios with inhouse landers (redirecting assets to internal landing pages).

Using the WayBackMachine at archive .org I can show you an example of one of my landing pages from 2 years ago that already sold and I no longer own.

I had Lagster .com forwarding to the lander below that was monetized with zazzle products (I created a design, uploaded to zazzle, put it on beer coasters and linked to my coasters on the lander so the products were more targeted to the visitors niche they found my page for in search engines - (note: One year I sold a batch of coasters to a bar and netted $87.12 in royalties for it, later that year, someone else ordered a bulk lot of coozies for another $42.15 = A few years worth of renewals and a profit that year) - WayBackMachine archived lander on wp: https://web.archive.org/web/2022012...r-com-only-genuine-lager-drinkers-understand/

I've found that pay per, product, and service monetization strategies all work in converting traffic to dollars on inhouse landers, cutting out the middle man (e.g. parking company). Everyone monetizes differently, so do what works for you.

It should be noted, unlike parked and landing pages at 3rd parties that don't index in search very good because they are mass templated reproductions, when you use your own and create unique content like I did in the example, they do index in search and you get organic search traffic for assorted terms in addition to the redirecting typin traffic. Win win.

That means it's not just domain investors visiting, it's also consumers that may be interested in the target ad type you use (ppc, ppl, product sale, service offering, etc.) So you should start seeing a better conversion rate if done right, than you would with a 3rd party template driven lander.

In short, what you are thinking, is quite possible.

At the end of the day, what works for one may not work for another and vise versa.

•••
Wow, thanks very much for your valuable input and advice.

•••
I am getting frustrated using the top marketplaces. I used to get good results from Sedo & Dan.com. Since the GoDaddy take-over, I am experiencing various admin problems and errors, very annoying and time-wasting! So, maybe it's time to try out building simple friendly blogs/mini-sites and promoting them via Quora/Reddit/Medium, etc. Get the domains SEO ranked using my AHREFS tool with good search + low-comp + well-written content. Most importantly Escrow.com will be part of the transaction process. I have used them recently and it was a pleasant, fast, and seamless process.

Just wondered if anyone here has any thoughts on promoting domains like this.

Thank you.

Peter
If you can rank them, why not just keep them if they're making money? You said low comp so the domains would probably sell for low as well. If you're not making money with them being highly ranked, the domain probably isn't so valuable.

•••
That's a good idea, Peter. Wish you the best fo luck.

•••
Back