Dynadot

question I think I blew it trying to buy this domain!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

domaintexan

Impact
Hello! I’m a long time lurker, but today, I decided to share my recent domain story. I have been trying for 15 years to get this one dot-com domain that is my first and last name. It’s for my coaching business. Most other coaches are using their names as their domains.

My name is also trademarked and it’s the name of my LLC too.

The domain in question has no site on it at all, it’s just taken. I finally reached out to the owner via Who is. Now, this is where I screwed myself.

I should have seeked out a broker. I sent an email saying that I was interested in purchasing the domain and asked if they would sell it for $1,000.

They wrote back like 10 minutes later that they were not interested. I took it to mean that they wanted more, so I wrote back asking them to name their price.

They wrote back in an extremely rude way so must have taken my message badly. I wish I contacted a broker for this and not tried myself.

Is there still hope that a broker could help? I would pay up to $10,000 for this domain. I’m thinking it’s a lost cause and that they just want to keep the name themselves for vanity reasons.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Have you considered another extension?

Cheers
Corey

•••
It would be idiotic to open a UDRP without knowing the facts first. If this happens to be his name there is no vanity involved. He has a right to it and got it before you. He doesn’t have to sell you anything. You must have been rude in your response imo. Domainers generally do want to sell domains but do not want to be talked down to.

•••
I have been trying for 15 years to get this one dot-com domain

I've held the trademark for over 10 years now.

Let me point out the obvious... you've been trying to buy the domain for 15 years but had the TM for only 10. The domain owner's rights pre-date yours.

Offer more money.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back