sales I strike out looking – Kevin Fink hits the next pitch out of the park

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

equity78

Top Member
TheDomains Staff
TLDInvestors.com
Impact
Procrastination is a bitch So back in April of 2017 there was a big fixed price sales post on Namepros. 800 domains listed one that I liked was CryptoRocket.com. All these domain names were listed at $39. I saw the thread after it was open for a day or two, no one had posted sold […]

https://tldinvestors.com/2020/01/procrastination-is-a-bitch.html

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
Interesting story, thanks for sharing.
While C r y p t o R o c k e t is great name, that seems like a very good price (not knowing how much above $25k it went for.
Bob

•••
It happens. If you could see the future domain investing would be a lot easier.

Brad

•••
It happens. If you could see the future domain investing would be a lot easier.

Brad

Oh of course Brad, I was not pissed after I saw that it sold this year, I was pissed since April of 2017, I was beyond pissed at myself for not buying it and checked on the name every week and if Kevin had looked to move it cheap or on here for $500 I would have bought it.

•••
Oh of course Brad, I was not pissed after I saw that it sold this year, I was pissed since April of 2017, I was beyond pissed at myself for not buying it and checked on the name every week and if Kevin had looked to move it cheap or on here for $500 I would have bought it.

Yeah, my biggest regrets are domains I didn't buy, not domains I did buy.

Brad

•••
Just how much above $25K is the question...

•••
•••
I think It goes back to the psychology aspect of it, that it has to be YOUR idea. It causes apprehension. Good names get passed on all the time on this forum. wink wink

Last edited:
•••
Great sale specially since the acquisition was so low. @equity78 this happens a lot actually and it happened to me too. May we all get more big sales , Amen

•••
I feel sorry for the fellow who sold it at $39 USD

•••
let’s face it, most NP buyers have no imagination or guts and pucker up at the prospect of an auction that has a starting bid above about $50. No one wants to be the first bidder. But that same auction start it at a dollar and once they see the herd bidding it above $100 they all stampede in.

•••
That is an interesting and candid post, never easy to state publicly about the " one that got away ".

Likely most NP members with any years in domain buying have a recollection, a haunting recollection, of the name they procrastinated about only to find it no longer available and then sold for a nice price.

But from a $39.00 purchase to $25,000+ sale, takes a big person to post up that recollection and appreciate, very much so, your willingness to do so!

Reminds me that sometimes pure " gut instinct " must triumph over caution.

Congrats to the buyer / seller!

•••
The word crypto with a strong second word is always a good buy under $100

HeHe...

Bet it will be a while before we see similar listed on namepros again :xf.laugh:

•••
Lot of garbage non dot com domains with the word crypto in them too though that will probably never be worth even $39.

•••
I feel sorry for the fellow who sold it at $39 USD

Agreed. and I was never implying anyone feel sorry for me as I stated I was pissed at myself for the procrastination for close to 3 years before the sale. I bounced a computer off the floor in April of 2017 because I did not post sold, the point of the post was procrastinating and never doubting your gut. And to congratulate @iHaveThisIdea

•••
•••
well, the day is always made by 24 hours and we need to dedicate some time to family, friends, life needs...
sometime procrastinate is a must, it just doesn't have to become the habit :)
me too i go to sleep thinking that i'm losing opportunities but if i miss to sleep i've less energy for the next days and more often than not when i slept good and i've energy i can do double of the work and with quality so I can also find deals more easily.

btw yeah i know how do u feel when u see something like this.. thanks for sharing

•••
Back