Dynadot

.com I see rackridge.com was here before

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

BrandEntrance.com

Open 24/7/365Top Member
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
... and it was interesting, for me at least, that the only time they were in here was to offer namepros web hotel services.

Also shows that the domain has some history that isn't shown on whois.

Creation Date: 2017-03-31T08:00:21Z

That is when I registered it. They previous owner registered his post domainways, Jul 8, 2009

So I wonder. How old is this domain name?

•••
based on historical data :

rackridge.com history - 15 changes and 4 drops over 9 years

•••
Have you a link to that history?

•••
Just interested in the domain-eology (archeology).

•••
•••
•••
If the OP's second post was actually his first, then this thread would have started off better. I think there are many here who would be interested to find out a domain name's history before it was last dropped (and how many drops it might have, like this poor domain that has been dropped 4 times!).

•••
If the OP's second post was actually his first, then this thread would have started off better. I think there are many here who would be interested to find out a domain name's history before it was last dropped (and how many drops it might have, like this poor domain that has been dropped 4 times!).

Yes that is probably because I am thinking in another language right now at a family christmas advent event and did not think it out when I posted.

•••
Now I wonder if it is a great name that has been aquired by companies that then went out of business or if it is something else.

•••
Yes that is probably because I am thinking in another language right now at a family christmas advent event and did not think it out when I posted.
I understand the language thing. For me -- and it seems MadAboutDomains as well -- there was no real indication as to the purpose of the post.

Were you bragging? Were you looking for a discusion of the domain? Were you...???

Aim for clarity in the purpose of your posts and everything should be fine. :xf.wink:

Good luck with your domains!

•••
Now I wonder if it is a great name that has been aquired by companies that then went out of business or if it is something else.
I wouldn't say that it's inherently a great name because of it's history, because lots of bad names get bought and dropped every day. The domain is what you make of it really. If you like the name, develop it into a business yourself and then it's a great name at least in the fact that you're putting it to good use.

That's not to say that I wouldn't buy a name because of it's history, because I have done before. For instance I own theyearbook (in .org) because of it's history. It was developed by the Winklevoss Twins and I think by Mark Zuckerberg back in the day as one of the original incarnations of ConnectU and Facebook which was at the centre of the legal dispute between them. I thought that was pretty cool --> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ConnectU.

Some names are also interesting to own just for their history like the first ever registered domain which was Symbolics.com, that would be worth owning for it's history.

Good luck.

Last edited:
•••
I understand the language thing. For me -- and it seems MadAboutDomains as well -- there was no real indication as to the purpose of the post.

Were you bragging? Were you looking for a discusion of the domain? Were you...???

Aim for clarity in the purpose of your posts and everything should be fine. :xf.wink:

Good luck with your domains!

No there is nothing to brag about here. Everyone has domains. I just meant that there seems to be a lot more to the domains than there seems. Now it seems I own a hand-reg that has been hand-regged before.

•••
I wouldn't say that it's inherently a great name because of it's history, because lots of bad names get bought and dropped every day. The domain is what you make of it really. If you like the name, develop it into a business yourself and then it's a great name at least in the fact that you're putting it to good use.

That's not to say that I wouldn't buy a name because of it's history, because I have done before. For instance I own theyearbook (in .org) because of it's history. It was developed by the Winklevoss Twins and I think by Mark Zuckerberg back in the day as one of the original incarnations of ConnectU and Facebook which was at the centre of the legal dispute between them. I thought that was pretty cool --> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ConnectU.

Some names are also interesting to own just for their history like the first ever registered domain which was Symbolics.com, that would be worth owning for it's history.

Good luck.

Really cool story about theyearbook org. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ConnectU

I never knew about that. Funny how these guys were using 'the' in their domain names.

And Symbolics.com.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back