Dynadot

discuss I said I wasn't going to do it but I just bought my first .app domain

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

MapleDots

Account Closed (Requested)
Impact
I have always stuck to .ca and .com domains and have shied away from almost all other extensions.

With some of the big boys touting the possibility off .app making it I still said I would not do it.

Well guess what?

I found one off my domains suits itself incredibly well to the .app extension that I actually went ahead and registered it.

Photogr.app

It matches my photograpp.com domain

5.jpg

Picture0011.png

So tell me what you think

Would you have registered www.photogr.app ?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I have to admit they are decent names. I notice a cool million for ceec, might be a bit ambitious but we've seen it happen in .com.

What about other extensions like new gtld's do you own any?
I have a grand total of ONE as listed here and I have not mustered up the gumption to stray outside of my comfort zone of .ca and .com. Sure I have about 5 .net's and org's but those are mostly strategic buys like in the case of www.priide.com . It's a made up word so I could have bought up all the extensions but the trick is to know when to stop.
I am developing ceec so it's moon-shot priced. If I was less attached, would be a fraction of that.

I've never owned a ngtld. There's a lot about them I don't like. I did a couple of hand regs recently for a bit of fun, BuyABetter.com and Eroticbotics.com . The last one cracks me up.

I like what you are doing with your .ca niche

Last edited:
•••
.app won't load without a certificate, other sites will load but be marked insecure.

It was a surprise to me that my .app would not load without a certificate.
It will look you have to click that link in gray that says, "ADVANCED" then a drop down appears, you can click proceed to unsecure site.

•••
I told myself the same thing but of course .app has its advantages, so I bought a .app domain for our secure backend application.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back