debate I love .us and good price great

NameSilo
Watch

hicklemr

Established Member
Impact
i love .us i have some and love them. tell me what you think of .us

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I'm dropping the last one I have. Haven't had success selling it.

•••
.com is the .us where it matters. US businesses use almost exclusively .com so there it is

•••
I think the .us would only be ok if all the other better extensions were already taken AND there was a domain name you absolutely had to have. Your business would also have to be US based or targeted. Also, no privacy for a .us if you happen to need that.

•••
I think you're one of the only people on this board who loves .US :)

Good luck with that!

•••
Its a painful dilemma for me. I have a few. They are great names which are totally out of reach in .com. However, when I actually start to get serious about building out a site I am reluctant to use anything except a dot com. I do think the proliferation of new extensions will gradually train people to type something besides "com" after the period, but it may take a while.

I know a guy (smart, educated) who still doesn't understand the difference between the address box and the search box on his browser ( still using Juno too )

My electrical engineer son tells me it typically takes 30 years between the time something is figured out in the lab until it is activly used in commercial applications. I have to wonder if that same rule of thumb might apply to domains.

•••
Definitely not an extension that holds any significant value of reflecting a US based business, the .com rules that stage and it has always been that way. It would more likely be useful if you are securing multiple extensions of the same name or seeking a way to create clever domain hacks ;)

•••
Most .us are not worth much money

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back