Dynadot

warning I lose $42,000 on an escrow.com transaction as pdd.com, help please.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

American

Established Member
Impact
Hi,
I bought pdd.com via escrow.com and the seller took the domain back on networksolutions.com after he received the money $42,000 US dollar.

for detailed information, please view http://www.drjw.com/

Any suggestions about what I can do is welcome, thank you!

If you know a lawyer who is an expert in online domain name disputes, please tell me his/her contact information, thank you very much!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Bad bad news, rly not like network solutions, I remember the old days when they stole many domains after checking out a domain there and after 1 minute being registered by NS: D absolute retards. I hope you get your domain again, or at least the money if it's stolen.

•••
•••
•••
•••
I hate to say it but:

There could be a chance that NetworkSolutions was in fact the owner of the domain name, so once they received the money under a personal name in their Escrow account, they could have easily removed the domain name from your account and transferred it back.

That would explain why you received no transfer emails, because they are able to bypass it all.

Rinse and repeat = millions of free dollars for them.

I suspect this is exactly what happened, but hey I could be wrong...

PS: The Car Accident excuse is a lie, some other domainer gave me that same excuse a while back. I can't believe you believe that BS!

Last edited:
•••
•••
This is a hell of a story. The intelligence provided here by NP users is outstanding too.
I'm about to save offline this whole thread since it has a number of techniques which one can use if he wants to reverse engineer his domaining related issues.

Respect to @Grilled

•••
Lots of bad people out there... beware! Even some registrars are notorious. Always be cautious.

•••
13 pages wow. I don't see anywhere saying he got domain or money back. What is the latest news?

•••
I'm not sure what you disagree with.

Domains can be stolen in any number of ways. This was an apparently stolen domain name which Netsol returned to the owner. I can't recall making any comment to the effect that Netsol is any more or less secure than any other registrar.

There have been a lot of domain names stolen at Netsol, and at other registrars over the years. Do they manage to figure out and fix every one? No, not by a long shot.

But what is it you believe we disagree about?

I may have taken the wrong idea from your statement:
1. Netsol - their system worked as intended.

It did not worked as intended because otherwise the domain would not be stolen.
Yes, probably every registrar has domains stolen each year, and there is no 100% security in any system, but NS is way, way, way too lousy at security measures, and then they pay a lousy service when there is a problem. unless you are a big shot.

•••
It did not worked as intended because otherwise the domain would not be stolen.

You go to the store and buy a lock for your front door. You come home, install the lock, and it works fine.

You go out for the evening, and lose your wallet and keys. Using your address from your ID, and the house key on your key ring, someone goes to your house, lets themselves in, and takes all your stuff.

Question:

Did the lock work as intended?

•••
You go to the store and buy a lock for your front door. You come home, install the lock, and it works fine.

You go out for the evening, and lose your wallet and keys. Using your address from your ID, and the house key on your key ring, someone goes to your house, lets themselves in, and takes all your stuff.

Question:

Did the lock work as intended?

You go to a store that sells itself as one of the best security company in the business and buy a lock and an alarm.

You place the lock on your front door and the alarm on your house, then a burglar reaches you security provider and gets them to give him a new key to your lock and reset instructions to your alarm using fake documents and social engineer based on personal information that is accessible from your security store provider, then it proceeds in disarming the alarm.

Question: Did the company that sold the lock and alarm complied with their terms of service, due diligence and marketing stuff?

Question 2: How about when that security store gets scammed over and over again by the same methods? https://www.namepros.com/threads/th...nd-network-solutions-hijacked-domains.1070992

Last edited:
•••
•••
Must find attorney for quick solution .

•••
Network solutions needs to sound more like Network problems

•••
•••
...I'm about to save offline this whole thread since it has a number of techniques which one can use if he wants to reverse engineer his domaining related issues.

Respect to @Grilled
Is there any chance of you pulling the techniques out of the conversation and posting it?

•••
[wrong thread lol

Last edited:
•••
I can check that for you for 45k $. Via escrow service . Pay only if success .

•••
Escrow.com will not help you, with any problem they will send you to arbitration or court.

It's very sad, return of resold domains.

•••
The same "Frank Slakmon" is currently trying to sell damage.com via Sedo. Watch out.

•••
Where is the OP ? Any updates ?

•••
I can check that for you for 45k $. Via escrow service . Pay only if success .

What does it mean? You want the op to pay $45k for some information you might provide?

•••
•••
I contact networksolutions.com,but don't get feedback,even don't know why they can taken my domain back,without my accept.
Call network solutions:
  • 1-877-628-8686

•••
Back