IT.COM

discuss I just won Photography.global from the Xmas.global Contest!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
namepros.jpg

So today I went to check my email and I discovered that I had won for the December 14th Xmas.global contest for Photography.global!

Just thought I'd share with the NP community, I'm pretty excited :)
They even cover the transfer fee to my registrar of choice (up to $150).

I never win anything so this is really awesome!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
$150 for renewal - that sounds bit expensive.
They reinburse up to $150, what I actually paid was $80 at Name.com for the transfer which they just paypal'd me back which makes this name actually 100% free, reg fee and all :)

•••
Thank you all for the kind comments!
I have plans for this name, I won't just be selling it for a quick flip.
May develop this into some sort of photo platform.

Merry Xmas to everyone, also, it's not too late to enter at xmas.global
The .GLOBAL people were very nice in helping me get this transferred.

I'll admit some of the names are hit or miss but you may get one of the luckier ones :)

•••
•••
•••
Hold your reindeers! This question is not open yet! : grin :

Other ngTLDs should take note of this promo. Lots of daily activity, nice when there are multiple chances to win. They are featuring established sites in the questions, which creates traffic for those sites. They are paying for transfer, so there's no gotchas for winners. On the minus side, the standard reg/renew costs start around $55 up to $110, a couple places appear to have a reg special under $20, although maybe a higher price keeps the quality better. And I also like that all premium .global domains have normal renewal rates (no premium renewal rates).

https://ntldstats.com/tld/global

•••
Congratulations and happy Xmas. Nice gift :)

•••
$150 for renewal - that sounds bit expensive.
Just so others are not confused .Global reg fees range from 60-100 depending on the registrar They are not in the premium reg fee
game.
The 150 is for transfer costs that may be incurred.

•••
To clear confusion, and as some have mentioned, the .GLOBAL renewal rate is not $150, it is closer to about $70 to $100 depending on where you registered it, Name.com which is where I chose for it to go charges about $80 per year, also, there is no such thing as a .GLOBAL "Premium Renewal" fee. The registry does have reserved names, however the price you see is a one time fee, they renew at a normal rate. For example, anyone can go register www.forums.global for $3,119.99 which is what the registry is asking for, when you renew, you wont be paying $3K+ however, it will renew at roughly $80 each year until you cancel. Now that I was awarded Photography.global (at a 100% $4,000 discount), I am only paying $80 a year to renew it, and the registry paid the first year ($80) for me which makes it free for the first year :) hope this clears any confusion.

•••
So it's not free at all when it's time to renew $80/year. It's marketing approach, they only cost under $10 to manage your name and you will pay them $80 per year. So they still make a lot of money out of your domain. I hope you will be able to sell it.

Good luck.

•••
So it's not free at all when it's time to renew $80/year. It's marketing approach, they only cost under $10 to manage your name and you will pay them $80 per year. So they still make a lot of money out of your domain. I hope you will be able to sell it.

Good luck.

Just like any domain, there is a renewal fee, in this case they charge $80 across the board for ANY .global registrations to renew. They did pay $80 out of their pocket for me to have the domain for the first 12 months, after that, it is on me to give them $80 per year to keep it. I guess it could be seen that way. Other domains like .KI also have very large renewal rates. I do wish the ICANN would limit renewal rates but it is ultimately up to each registry to price their own domains. There would be outrage if Verisign up'd .COM renewals to $80+.

While I do not agree that they should cost $80+ per year, I've accepted it.
May develop the name, if that doesn't work, may list the domain for sale.

•••
Congrats. I joined that contest many times but I'm not lucky enough :)

•••
I plan on opening a photography site similar to Flickr with the name :)
I will be in competition with you when I develop my name Live.Pictures :xf.wink:

•••
I will be in competition with you when I develop my name Live.Pictures :xf.wink:
I almost like that name more ;) may the best developed site win!

•••
I guess we are too used to reasonable fees for cno names. Having said that, I don't see why .nets cost more than .coms, and I got stressed when the round of annual price increases was occuring a few years ago. I guess we will have to adjust though. I feel uncomfortable about paying $40 for my english gold name, but I'm still pleased that I did it. However, I don't think I'll have any more gold names in the near future. In the end, I guess it comes down to your belief in the value of global names - are they worth $80?

•••
Depends on the buyer, anything is worth whatever the most someone is willing to pay for it. Supply/Demand

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
Great. I sold a .global for 1.4k :) good luck

•••
•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back