Dynadot

I Just Registered a 2 Letter IDN on GoDaddy But...

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I just registered a two letter IDN on Godaddy... or so I think. The payment went through and everything. I didn't think it was possible to register a 2 letter domain anymore. Or did Godaddy make a mistake and now they're going to take the name back? I still don't see the name in my account, but I have the proof of purchase.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I think that your idn domain has more than 2 letters.

•••
•••
Yes, you can order 2 letters .com / .net IDN.

•••
Now I receive a ridiculous email from godaddy that reads

"Error: Domain registration failed for "domain here".COM

IDN mismatches with Language

We will evaluate the error and retry the registration if appropriate. If we are unable to successfully register the domain name, your account will be credited accordingly (allow one business day for the refund to be processed)."

That is the dumbest thing ever. The letter I used in that IDN is used by not just one country.

---------- Post added at 02:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:36 PM ----------

Well I fixed the problem myself I changed the language tag and bought it again?? lol Should be getting a refund for the previous purchase soon. If you want to know which two letter IDN I bought just send me a private message.

•••
Even i faced the same problem with godaddy

I registered a NNN.co domain (as it showed available while searching). My credit card was charged for the registration and i got a reciept. But later on i got mail from go daddy that the domain name is not available and registration failed.

Believe it on not. the domain i was planning to register would had fetched me $10,000 + price

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back