Dynadot

I just received confusing offer. Can you help me? (Not sure if real)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

sartanion

Established Member
Impact
Hello, I just received interesting mail. I thought my domain was worth max. $200. Can you look at it?
It is little bit longer, I dont actually know what to think about it. This is really important for me right now.

I thought it is a scam at first, but I am not experienced enough. "She" even wrote "Check, Wire, Western Union ? If my buyer does not support your preferred method he can send you the funds via an escrow service that supports it."

Should I play along?
Should I ask her about her phone number?
Should I ignore?
Should I ask for references, because I could not find a thing about her at google.

Thank you... Yes. I am noobish newbie.

I've found your address via WHO IS.
My client is interested in purchasing your domain. If it's still for sale please get back to me.
He can offer a fair price. If you have any other documents (appraisal certficates, traffic statistics etc.) please send it to me.
I'm working with many investors from all over the world. If you have other names to be sold please email me the list.

Regards,
[NAME]
Domain Lawyer
[ADRESS]

ME:

Greetings !

Indeed, I received few offers, but the domain is not sold yet.

It seems to be one of popular re-registered websites in my portfolio, since owner managed to establish amazing profitable website with more than 250,000 backlinks in less than 4 years. He unfortunatelly (for him) had to leave the bussiness because personal reasons.

Majestic SEO:
(majestic link)
I wanted to include also historical Alexa rank, because in past the domain had Alexa rank about 600,000 and that is great, but unfortunatelly no alexa rank history exists for re-registered domains.

To speed up the process for sake of everybody, I'd like to hear the biggest offer your client is willing to offer.

And yes, I do have more domains, if we eventually resolve this deal to satisfaction of everyone, I will send you my whole portfolio.

HER:

Our commission is 3 %. It's paid after you receive the funds.
The buyer offers $15,000.

How do you want to get paid: Check, Wire, Western Union ? If my buyer does not support your preferred method he can send you the funds via an escrow service that supports it.
Do you have a certificate? The appraisal certificate gives buyer confidence to proceed.

My buyer also needs it for tax and accounting purposes.
If you don't have it's not a problem. You can order it online.

Please note he cannot accept it from any agency. He needs a manual service. It also must be a third party independent agency (not your broker our auction site) he knows and trusts.

The certification must include the following:

1. Independent valuation of the market price. It will show your domain name is not overpriced. On the other hand if the valuation comes higher, he will increase the price accordingly. In the domain name industry, there are many appraisal tools that people use to estimate the value of a domain name. My client does not want to risk and doesn't accept services that use scripts. If you are unsure about some service feel free to ask me.

2. Trademark infringement verification. It proves your domain has no trademark problems. He would like this verification to be included in the appraisal report. It's not a problem because some companies include the TM verification for free.

I’m also interested in a good estimate of the market price because you will pays me % on each sale.
You can read about certification agencies at (answersgoogle link) (“Domain Broker” is my nickname).

The process is very easy:
1. Go to the certificate agency site and order a certificate. Just submit your domains and let them know you have a buyer with $XX,XXX offer. It will help you to get a better valuation.

If your domain is worth at least $1000, they will send you the payment instructions. If it's not possible, they won't send you the instructions. This way you will not lose anything. It's very convenient and gives you the full protection. Other services charge you upfront even if your domain is not worth spending the appraisal fee, so I don't recommend them.

2. Send the certificate to me and we will start the sale process. As soon as he receives your certificate he will buy your domain via an escrow service of his choice.

If the appraisal comes higher he will make a better offer. His final offer will only depend on the appraisal results.
If you are new to the certification process, I can help you with the step by step instructions.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It's a scam so you can buy their appraisal service. Delete and don't reply.

Do a search here and you will see many people have reported the same.

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
Should I play and play dumb to waste their time? :P

•••
Offer them to pay for your website's appraisal and say you give them bigger commission.:D Since they are so sure they can "sell" your domain lol.

When i have nothing to do, I play with those scammers. Or you can even try to sell them something.... their reaction is normally hilarious.

•••
I did same when I got same mail. I offered her 30% and told do all yourself. No reply till date. :xf.smile:

•••
Don't waste your time. You'll get plenty of those if you stay in this business long enough.
Delete and get back to work.

Peace,
Cyberian

•••
And now that you are here. :)
Welcome to NamePros.
Also, stop regging names like tvshows-online-now.org
Put the credit card away, and start reading the forum.
You can start here:
A New Member Asks

Enjoy your time @ NamePros

Peace,
Cyberian

Shameless self promotion ;)

Last edited:
•••
Sure, but you'll also be wasting yours...and nothing is more valuable in life. By the way, you can do WAY better with domain names, what possessed you to register that name?? Hopefully you can move on and hone your skills by doing some in-depth reading here on NP as others have mentioned. All the best, man!

•••
I used to tell them
if they themself don't know the value of the domain

why do they care to buy it?

•••
100% scam. This type of scam has been going on for years targeting mostly on newbies. Beware!

•••
I received exactly the same email a couple of days ago. Its a scam.

•••
Have seen plenty of appraisal scams! Scram!

•••
Wow this scam is still going on; damn they'll never stop this crap.

Ignore em.

•••
I receive the same email today. Exactly the same words.

Thanks for this thread.

At first I was kind of excited but when I received the reply, it's too long and seemed suspicious. Good thing, I'm in Namepros :)

•••
•••
Thanks for the post. Now I am also aware (y)

•••
Haha life is too short to follow those emails :D

•••
It was a scam as soon as they asked you for a list of your other domains.

If he was truly interested in that domain then whatever else you owned would have been irrelevant.

•••
tvshows-online-now.org

If it weren't for the pbn potential I would be crying that you reggae this :xf.cry:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back