NameSilo

I joined this forum 12 years ago but I wasn't ready to invest then. I'm ready now!!

Labeled as question in Domain Beginners, started by Shad0w99, Jul 5, 2020

Replies:
Views:

1. Recons.Com

Recons.Com Top Contributor VIP

Well, since admins agreed that no deal was reached due to the counter by the seller, ask admins to remove the negative review.

Reviews are only for closed deals or attempted ones (meaning where agreement was still reached but a party did not honor it)

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. internext

internext DNFS.com VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Agree completely

@Shad0w99 is a friendly and professional person. Thank you for your kind words toward me.

Talking to those with more experience and conducting due diligence should not result in a situation such as this.

I wholeheartedly endorse the removal of negative feedback. The experience was a teaching one, there was no bad business or malicious intent. @Shad0w99 is destined to be a professional, quality member of this community for years to come. Please don't saddle them with a negative mark at this time.

Respectfully
    Eric

Last edited: Jul 10, 2020
  3. internext

internext DNFS.com VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

It doesn't. Also, the negative "review" crosses over inro libel. (written slander)

"He has some money but he hasn't clue what to do in his life. He doesn't respect his words"

The definition of libel is
    "a published false statement that is damaging to a person's reputation; a written defamation."

The seller should be VERY happy if this is removed. He had no cause or proof to make the claims against you I highlighted in red above. These words only serve to maliciously cause you harm, for as long as they are published here

4. Pazu

Pazu Established Member

With your price range per domain and desire to develop them, maybe you should be looking at single English word .com domains. You can search for expiring English dictionary words on ExpiredDomains.net / Snapnames / Namejet / Dropcatch and try to win them at auction. These domains would likely too expensive buying from domainers in the aftermarket through SEDO or Afternic, but I don't know as it's not my specialty. Problem with this is the names are in very limited supply and odds are you won't be finding what you are interested in developing. If you're up for a lot of legwork, maybe you could buy cheaply if you do a lot of inquiring about great names that are owned by previous end users who would like to cash out of them. I hear these kinds of names are emphasized in the DNacademy course. For your intention, probably a good idea to invest in education first.

5. sansmidman

sansmidman Established Member

WTF. That is malice. Rules exist to maintain civility in a closed system. What the seller did was to use the negative review as a blackmail prop to bully OP into buying. Seller specifics mentions how OP won't be successful with a negative review. Pure malice.

I just got a negative review myself for posting a wanted thread asking for geo names in Asia. I said no geo names from India and some random dude give me a negative review calling me racist for putting the ad up. I never even talked to the guy.

6. Recons.Com

Did you get it removed?

7. Recons.Com

@Mod Team Alfa

Can you clarify please why illegitimate negative reviews are not removed? This hurts members, especially new ones. Please don't stop at just warning against such bullies or just clarifying that there was no infraction on buyers part, but actually rectify the damage!!!

Also, can you make the rule clearer about "attempted" deal? Apparently, for many attempted deal is any negotiation. While, I suspect, and that would be the only logical thing here, "attempted" means that the deal was FULLY agreed and offer made by one party and accepted by another, but was incomplete due to one party failing to honor their commitment. If that is the case, why not reword it to reflect that?

Last edited: Jul 11, 2020
  8. easternaga

easternaga Established Member

12 years.... Damn good luck

9. gotasale

gotasale Established Member ★★★★★★★★★★

You are both reported to admins

I guess Sansmidman and shad0w99 are one person

Shad0w got a negative review for not paying for offer he made

He has another account and he wanted to retaliate . He made me a big offer for another domain and wanted now to cancel it because i hurt another man by my negative feedback

And insulting me publicly for no reason ?!

10. gotasale

Be careful who you are dealing with my friend. This guy is dangerous!

11. gotasale

Now Sansmidman wrote a negative review for me as a retaliation for shad0w99 ?!

12. Pazu

Pazu Established Member

Feel sorry for you all dealing with conflict. Hope we can back to the topic though and you or the admin create a new thread for this disagreement.

13. sansmidman

That is rich. I made an offer? You reached out to me. You wanted to give me a 30% discount to make my mother happy. Ring any bells? Shall I post the screencaps too? You are a liar and a bully

14. gotasale

This was really a strange coincidence to stumble to the same bad guy twice . But it can also be a good coincidence to expose both accounts before harming more people

Admin has been added to conversation and he will decide

15. JudgeMind

JudgeMind Owner - BrandAim.com PRO VIP Trusted Contest Holder

too late, you missed so much lol

16. domainicate

domainicate Established Member

Here is my advice (others have touched on some of these as well):

1. I would not start with $5k - $20k names. I would start with lower priced names until you learn the ins and outs of how to find end users or buyers. The higher the price of a domain, in theory, the longer you will hold it to make a profit. There are those who make good money doing lots of low end flips and it is a volume game.

2. Focus on DOT COM domains (shorter is better - under 10 characters is ideal - and no more than 3 words together). You need to be prepared to hold a domain longer if it is not a dot com comprised of dictionary words. Some good targets are local domains for small businesses (i.e. dallasplumbers.com) and multiple word domains (i.e. GreatDoctors.com).

3. I would learn how to find gems at expired auctions. (I just picked one up for a little over $100 that should sell next week for $2,500).

4. Learn all you can at NamePros by reading old threads.

5. CONSUME this website: DomainSherpa.com. There is a WEALTH of knowledge here and it is all FREE.

6. Take some of that money and enroll in DN Academy.

7. Follow the hashtag #domains on Twitter and you will also find some great folks to learn from.

8. I have found most of the people in the domaining community to be helpful, so never hesitate to reach out and ask a question (post it here or ask someone directly.)

I hope that helps!

(Note: I realize that most of my advice applies to domaining, and not necessarily building out the sites. Building sites takes time, to build traffic, reputation, etc. and that is certainly a way to go. It's a longer road and will attract a different type of buyer (i.e. someone looking for a turnkey site/business). I have done less of these and more of domain sales, but early on, I got into domaining by selling several lead gen website that I had, so it definitely works. That being said, paying a little more for a name makes sense, but it does not need to be $5k because the value will be in the revenue of the site versus the stand alone value of the name. Hopefully that all makes sense.)

17. Bruce81

Bruce81 Established Member

Great answer Bob!

18. Bruce81

Because I wanted to look before I leaped, I invested a lot in Kindle Books about domain investment, blogging and SEO.

I suggest you do the same.

Knowledge is power!

19. Bruce81

You are right.

FANS(.)TV was recently sold for $22K

20. Bruce81

The advice of a VIP Top Contributor must be taken seriously!

He must have seen a lot in the domain industry, especially on this platform.

Biggie, great advice!

21. sansmidman

Ohhh yeeeaaaah. What a strange coincidence that everyone you reach out to turns out to be the bad guy and you are the only good guy in this saga, the champion who wants to protect other members from harm. That makes sense

OR

New members need to be protected from bullies who leave negative reviews to harm them.

"Give me what I want or I will give you a negative review because I want to hurt other peoples reputation and destroy their chance of success in this forum but I will remove the negative review as soon as you give me money"

Does that sound like a good guy to you? There is nothing wrong with being a bad guy David but at least have the decency to own up to yourself.

Looks like the admins are done with the review. Guess what? You legitimately lost that $9000 and if you are looking for someone to blame, you only need to look into a mirror. My money will never go to a bully.

So you want to destroy people's reputation huh? Maybe I should do a public service and bump this thread every day so new members can see who is not safe around here. Congratulations David. It looks like you are making lifelong friends.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2020
  22. jayrat14

jayrat14 Established Member ★★★★★★★★★★

Same here i joined almost around same time. and i'm ready now too

23. sansmidman

I wanted to give some closure and clear the air. I was already really upset when I came into this thread because someone had just given me a negative review for opening a thread they didn't like. I also have deep personal issues with bully type behavior from my past and I saw someone getting shot down unfairly and I was totally triggered.

I apologize for coming in uninvited and causing the mess that I did. I only did so because I truly believe certain behaviors exist in this world and will continue to propagate because people are not willing to stand up and fight. I got nothing against shadow for not putting up a fight. Some people are fighters and some people are lovers. I just was too angry and too committed to being triggered. Both gotasale and myself are passionate and we were going back and forth at each other while the admins watched but we were able to see the light. I do want to say something about him. We all fall, We all make errors, There is nobody here on Earth that is perfect but it takes a very very special person to take the steps to right the errors of our choices. We get angry, we get emotional and it is not easy to face who we are sometimes but he was able to do that to my astonishment. @gotasale personally reached out to the admins to get that negative review removed. That is a big man move. That is big dick energy right there and it takes a badass to do that.

@Shad0w99 I apologize for hijacking your thread. I wish you good luck in making it big.
    @gotasale You were the bigger man and the better man. You completely surprised me and from now on, I will address you as brother.

Now everyones negative reviews are gone and we can all be a one happy domaining family. Lets go make some money.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2020
  24. blogspotter

blogspotter Established Member ★★★★★★★★★★

I joined 13 years back and was never serious about domaining. I think I joined to look for some brandable domains. I wish I picked more. Only thing I picked up were a bunch of junk LLLLs that I have been renewing for 13 years and some I dropped along the way. But for a Non Domainer I have way too many useless domains. I hate that domains with history are very overpriced now. I also wished I invested more time in domaining being that I love good domains.. Bit now kinda afraid to buy. Will pick some if I feel they can even give a decent 15% return annually.

25. Recons.Com

Ah, the old math truth that two negatives cancel out ;)

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
NameWorth
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice