Dynadot

discuss I have a friend that just bought a premium domain name for $240,000

NameSilo
Watch
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
If I own a cash rich corp, and that name is sure to give us quick ROI, yes.

•••
His friend tweeted and the domain he bought was Gravity.com. Killer domain. Will be worth every penny, IMO.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
Oops... I guess I was mistaken earlier.

I realized now that Carl meant that he would have paid a large sum for a domain and demonstrated it with Gravity.com as an example of a domain he paid a lot for. So... false alarm regarding Gravity.com's price being $240K. Haha. Can I downvote my previous post? :ROFL: Sorry for the accidental fake news.

Last edited:
•••
His friend tweeted and the domain he bought was Gravity.com. Killer domain. Will be worth every penny, IMO.
To me it’s a waste of money with $240k….I will never buy a single domain for that price no matter how good the domain is…it might take 10 years to sell it or it might never sell…there are many much better investments for $240k …you could buy a house that in two years it’s doubled plus rent money ….even stocks will probably make more money than that in 10 years frame no waste of money unless he can flip in a year

Last edited:
•••
:ROFL: Sorry for the accidental fake news.

post-6667-0-62384600-1438712627.jpg

•••
To me it’s a waste of money with $240k….I will never buy a single domain for that price no matter how good the domain is…it might take 10 years to sell it or it might never sell…there are many much better investments for $240k …you could buy a house that in two years it’s doubled plus rent money ….even stocks will probably make more money than that in 10 years frame no waste of money unless he can flip in a year
As I clarified later, I made a mistake regarding the price of Gravity.com. It likely cost a lot more than $240K. I think for a big company paying these kind of prices can be a drop in the bucket though compared to what they can achieve with words of this caliber in .com. It's been proven many times. It doesn't always work out of course, but making that investment can help catapult a company to heights it wouldn't achieve otherwise.

Like you, I would use $240K for different purposes. Not a house though. Realty is a big headache as far as I'm concerned.

Last edited:
•••
$240k is a fair price, a great brand for sure.

•••
Blockchain dot com ( aka Blockchain dot info ) offered its domain for ~ $1,000,000
At present, it's a cryptocurrency financial services company, leads the bitcoin market ups and down.

•••
240k for Gravity.com is CHEAP! It should have been priced at 10X, $2.4M. His friend got a great deal.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back