IT.COM

discuss I have 200+ 5L .com domain but no sell

NameSilo
Watch

Shojib

Top Member
Impact
hello
I buy too many 5L .com domains when I started my domaing. I investing my all money here. Now I see 5L is useless. There are no sell on the market. now, what do I do? is it possible to sell buying price? or loss my all money?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
hello
I buy too many 5L .com domains when I started my domaing. I investing my all money here. Now I see 5L is useless. There are no sell on the market. now, what do I do? is it possible to sell buying price? or loss my all money?

Trying to liquidate on NameLiquidate/com may be your best solution

•••
Good afternoon.
Patience is a virtue...seldom in a woman...never in a man...or so they say LOL.

From my own experience I am not selling many domains at present, so don't think all is lost. I am always happy when someone sells a domain name but sometimes I scratch my head and wonder why someone would buy a particular name and for $xxxx no less. It really is science and a hint of magic.

The only thing I can offer is maybe list the 5 or 10 names that you think are the best and your reasons for each. Also try to explain who the end user might be and what may be necessary to connect name and end user.

I'll give an honest opinion but don't shoot the messenger. Obviously, getting the opinion from a few people may give a better idea of the quality of your names. In theory, good 5L should sell as they are short and brandable.

Good luck.

Rgrds,

Reddstagg

•••
I would consider dropping some. Ones that make no sense.

•••
•••
Good afternoon.
Patience is a virtue...seldom in a woman...never in a man...or so they say LOL.

From my own experience I am not selling many domains at present, so don't think all is lost. I am always happy when someone sells a domain name but sometimes I scratch my head and wonder why someone would buy a particular name and for $xxxx no less. It really is science and a hint of magic.

The only thing I can offer is maybe list the 5 or 10 names that you think are the best and your reasons for each. Also try to explain who the end user might be and what may be necessary to connect name and end user.

I'll give an honest opinion but don't shoot the messenger. Obviously, getting the opinion from a few people may give a better idea of the quality of your names. In theory, good 5L should sell as they are short and brandable.

Good luck.

Rgrds,

Reddstagg
Thank you

•••
There is a big difference between a pronounceable 4 letter, and a pronounceable 5 letter as of today. If anything, drop all non pronounceable 5 letters, and keep the absolute best (long hold). IMO

Last edited:
•••
LLL.com - 17,576 total
LLLL.com - 456,976 total
LLLLL.com - 11,881,376 total

As you can see there are way too many LLLLL.com for random ones to have any real value.

I hope you can sell them, but unless they are unique or highly brandable it is going to be tough.

Brad

•••
LLL.com - 17,576 total
LLLL.com - 456,976 total

As you can see there are way too many LLLLL.com for random ones to have any real value.

I hope you can sell them, but unless they are unique or highly brandable it is going to be tough.

Brad
:xf.smile:

•••
LLL.com - 17,576 total
LLLL.com - 456,976 total

Brad
I know 11 million feels like a lot but there are 8 billion people in the world and over 100 million active websites. I do agree it needs to be pronounceable or a real world In a major language. English, French, , Spanish mainly to have high longterm potential.

•••
I know 11 million feels like a lot but there are 8 billion people in the world and over 100 million active websites. I do agree it needs to be pronounceable or a real world In a major language. English, French, , Spanish mainly to have high longterm potential.
yes. agree

•••
Share some of those names so we can see what you're working with. Just because it's 5 letters, it doesn't make it necessarily valuable.

•••
Random 5L domains are tough to sell, even if pronounceable. I dropped almost all of mine.

•••
Share some of those names so we can see what you're working with. Just because it's 5 letters, it doesn't make it necessarily valuable.
I shared all domains on my profile.

•••
I shared all domains on my profile.
I took a look and it definitely looks like they were registered just on the basis of being short. That is one part of a good domain name. But can you see a business spending hundreds or even thousands of dollars on these names and building their brand on it? Probably not.

•••
•••
Once your into 5 letters your no-longer appealing to the acronym market (3 letters always, 4 letters sometimes) But at 5 letters your strictly into the pronounceable brand market.
If they aren't pronounceable I would drop them. Even domain resellers wont be interested

Last edited:
•••
1) Did you buy them to Flip to another investor just like people doo with 4Ls? Then don't renew them.
Right now there are 42000 deleted 5L.cos on expired domains. Let your join the use the renewal money to start afresh

2) Are they Brandable? It is highly unlikely they are because brandable 5Ls are hard to come buy for reg free or uncontested drops. if they are, you can try to submit the best few names to Squadhelp and see for another year but based on how I feel your names are they are unlikely.

3) About being patient. That is highly misunderstood.

if your carrying cost is $2000 every year and you don't sell 1 domain in the first year, your carrying cost is $4000 in second year, so you will need to sell 1 name in second year for $5000+ to make a little bit of profit after commissions.

If you buy 1000 random names, one of those might sell, but it doesn't mean your patience paid off. Eveyr name will sell, but at what STR and what PRICE and will it give a profit? It is simple Math

Cut your losses Fast and focus on buying better names

Good luck

•••
5 letter acronyms are not really a thing. I've never gone to a site that was a 5 letter acronym unless it was pronounceable. In my opinion, 4 letter acronyms are bad enough. There are several sites I go to that are 4 letter acronyms and I can't remember sequence of letters if I haven't been there in awhile.

Any domains that you have that aren't pronounceable, and definitely any with random repeating letters, just let them drop. Then take what you would have used to renew those domains and buy domains that a business would actually use.

Last edited:
•••
5 letter acronyms are not really a thing. I've never gone to a site that was a 5 letter acronym unless it was pronounceable. In my opinion, 4 letter acronyms are bad enough. There are several sites I go to that are 4 letter acronyms and I can't remember sequence of letters if I haven't been there in awhile.

Any domains that you have that aren't pronounceable, and definitely any with random repeating letters, just let them drop. Then take what you would have used to renew those domains and buy domains that a business would actually use.
my most domain is pronounceable.

•••
This is what I got when checking one of your domains,

Screenshot_20220228-001112_Brave.jpg
Screenshot_20220227-235424_Brave.jpg

You can't expect to get leads with no active landers, and without passive listings. Have you tried to list your names on major marketplaces like Afternic (Premium Network with fast transfer), Sedo MLS Network, Dan... ?

•••

I own one 5L acronym taken in 6 extensions: Q/A/S/E/L (.) com.

It stands for Queensland / Association / (of) / Special / Education / Leaders. They are using the .org.au extension. It was available for reg fee last year :)

https://www.qasel.org.au/

•••
I doubt that an Australian Organization of that nature would want the com. Aussies are known for sticking to their own .au extensions. Now that said I do think qasel.com Could make a reasonable Brand name, though it does have far to many better similar (spelling) alternatives. All taken by the way

•••
I doubt that an Australian Organization of that nature would want the com. Aussies are known for sticking to their own .au extensions. Now that said I do think qasel.com Could make a reasonable Brand name, though it does have far to many better similar (spelling) alternatives. All taken by the way
I agree but the name is still taken in 6 extensions so other people found it valuable, maybe as a brandable. I was just pointing out that it's possible to find 5l acronyms.

Just one last thing. When you see that someone posts a name in this kind of format: Q/A/S/E/L (.) com it's not nice to repost the name in full link format as you did. I don't want this thread (and my domain) to be findable on Google. Would you mind changing this, please? Thank you!

•••
you may can list your 5L here( or may be PM to anyone u trusted)....then people can help you identify the most sellable items...I think have a relative correct understanding for your own inventory is a must before u take any action...

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back