IT.COM

discuss I founded my business while living on the street

NameSilo
Watch

Lox

____Top Member
Impact
From sleeping in a phone box to founding a six-figure business teaching martial arts, it's been an eventful two years for Gavin Eastham.

read more (BBC)

In February last year, he found himself being pelted with hailstones on his first night on the streets.

The 36 year-old's marriage had broken down and, having suffered a back injury, he wasn't able to work.

"Because I'm not originally from north Wales, it meant I had no contacts. I had nowhere else to go," he said.

His ex-wife thought he had somewhere else to stay but he didn't.

He decided to go to the local library, initially to stay warm, but he felt time-pressured to turn things around.

"I thought the minute I was homeless, I'd look homeless and if I look homeless people are going to look at me in a certain way," he told the BBC's Wake Up to Money...

He started researching and came up with a company name and logo, wrote a syllabus and bought a domain name for £1.58.

"I thought - if I've got a domain name I've got to keep going."

"This dream I thought that I might one day fulfil was giving me the energy I needed to survive."

read more (BBC)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back