IT.COM

advice I cannot sell my domains

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

klubn

Established Member
Impact
I just started buying and selling domains and I bought 6 domains. But it was not bought. Nobody even sees my domain names.i don't know where i went wrong.If someone notices my mistake, can they tell me?

domains I bought;
toursengland.com
fixitbody.com
btchelper.com
gifbot.co
gastroexplicit.com
followticket.com

I'm selling them all on godaddy auction but no one even sees my domains

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hi

maybe your expectations are too high

imo....

•••
Hello @klubn,

you registered this domains a few days ago. Why did you register them?
Can you explain for each domain what you where thinking the domain is good for?

•••
Hello @klubn,

you registered this domains a few days ago. Why did you register them?
Can you explain for each domain what you where thinking the domain is good for?
except for one domain name I thought the others would be of general interest.
Something fitness related for fixitbody.com .I.thought of it as a nice cryptocurrency market site for btchelper.com.
I bought the domain names you've seen thinking like this

•••
I just started buying and selling domains and I bought 6 domains. But it was not bought. Nobody even sees my domain names.i don't know where i went wrong.If someone notices my mistake, can they tell me?

domains I bought;
toursengland.com
fixitbody.com
btchelper.com
gifbot.co
gastroexplicit.com
followticket.com

The average sell-through rate is 1-2% a year. (Passive, end user sales)

That means for every (100) domains you own you would make 1-2 sales per year.
You have owned (6) domains for days.

That is also factoring in domain quality. Lower quality domains might be even less likely to sell, even for low prices.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
except for one domain name I thought the others would be of general interest.
Something fitness related for fixitbody.com .I.thought of it as a nice cryptocurrency market site for btchelper.com.
I bought the domain names you've seen thinking like this

Some of the domains are sellable, but nothing I would really expect to fly off the shelves in a timely manner.

Brad

•••
The average sell-through rate is 1-2% a year. (Passive, end user sales)

That means for every (100) domains you own you would make 1-2 sales per year.
You have owned (6) domains for days.

That is also factoring in domain quality. Lower quality domains might be even less likely to sell, even for low prices.

Brad
I want to speed up this process, what can I do? No one even sees my domains on godaddy.

•••
I want to speed up this process, what can I do? No one even sees my domains on godaddy.
Well, first of all you need full exposure like listing them everywhere such as GoDaddy, Dan.com, SEDO, etc.

But really the only way to substantially increase sell-through rate is to have above average domains at below average prices.

Unfortunately with around 170 million .COM taken it is pretty hard to find that above average quality as a hand reg, and even harder on the secondary market at highly competitive auction venues.

The issue is really just your expectations honestly.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
The good news is that those are decent first picks for a newbie. The bad news is that you have to spend some time this business to understand the numbers.

6 names at an average 2% sell thru rate means you may sell one of those in the next 6-7 years for a decent amount. Not a very sexy business plan.

First understand that this is not a get-rich-quick endeavor. You are going to need quality plus some quantity, priced to make a profit, to consistently sell names and overcome the numbers.

Regular Go Daddy auctions always seem to disappoint. They just don't seem set up to get the visibility. I wish I could get some of my names in the expired auctions - that is where the action is at.

I see this in newcomers in one of my other businesses where people think they can just come in and outsmart the system. I tell them that if it was that easy don't you think everyone would be doing it that way?

•••

domains I bought;
toursengland.com
fixitbody.com
btchelper.com
gifbot.co
gastroexplicit.com
followticket.com

BTCHelper can prob get you something so maybe hold on to that..... fixitbody is probably worth less . toursEngland... Can proably be sold easily with outboud sales by searching... "tours england" on google. and directly trying to open a conversation up ..

gastroexplicit is worthless. gifbot is kind of worthless because what kind of bot what you need in the realm of gifs. Follow ticket probably could be brandable but again people need to see it which you obviously have an idea already... so if you are looking for sales stuff like tours england is always a good bet because it's an exact match with a very possible generic business model. even a company with a previous brand name wouldnt mind buying that at the right price.. but you need to see that that is what it is in that situation ... aka dont think you have them hooked my the you know what and come back with 65k as your first offer.... maybe its enough to close him then and there by saying 100... and calling it a day...

Last edited:
•••
Well, first of all you need full exposure like listing them everywhere such as GoDaddy, Dan.com, SEDO, etc.

But really the only way to substantially increase sell-through rate is to have above average domains at below average prices.

Unfortunately with around 170 million .COM taken it is pretty hard to find that above average quality as a hand reg, and even harder on the secondary market at highly competitive auction venues.

The issue is really just your expectations honestly.

Brad
How can I sell the domains I bought through godaddy on different platforms. Currently only on sale via afternic and godaddy.
maybe this is an easy thing but i searched and couldn't find it. i would appreciate if you tell me

•••
How about plan B only fans gastroexplicit fart jars.

•••

domains I bought;
toursengland.com
fixitbody.com
btchelper.com
gifbot.co
gastroexplicit.com
followticket.com

Tours England is a geo name that probably requires outbound to a local travel company /tourist board.
BTCHelper has potential but will prob be a long hold due to the oversupply of crypto names.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back