I am Lambo, Ask me Anything AMA

Located in Ask Me Anything (AMA), started by lambo.com, Sep 17, 2020

Replies:
Views:

1. lambo.com

lambo.com dnas.com VIP Gold Account

User's Time:
    11:00 AM
    Coinex was outbound effort by broker, and I did have a site up on coins there at the time

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. NickB

NickB Wales.org VIP

User's Time:
    6:00 PM
    And as a bonus it has an impressive backlink profile and good DA/DR score...

Edit

The below might have something to do with it

https://www.crunchbase.com/organization/wywy

Last edited: Sep 18, 2020
  3. lambo.com

User's Time:
    Hello!

0-5 sales a year
    most aren't actually but we evolve and things look better with time, especially in periods where reinvesting is possible.
    I'm OK paying up to $30-40k for single name generally but if extraordinary can go up. For these prices, stallions must be of phenomenal pedigree for the farm.

I think $50k
    Stealth acquisitions + work to find out what's around.

4. lambo.com

User's Time:
    I find design of Uni and DAN to be of very high quality and both are proven with some love for users.

5. blogspotter

blogspotter Top Contributor VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

User's Time:
    11:30 PM
    Congrats on the Big sale. What was your second biggest sale?

6. lambo.com

User's Time:
    the recent almi and buybuy sales would be next I think

7. lambo.com

User's Time:
    At this point, I'm motivated more like a high end watch collector. Perhaps I'll use it in some way like email or branding but I'm open minded. No plans to develop on it. My projects which are not ready (lol) -- may go on lesser names because I don't think I deserve to build on ultra quality yet.

8. lambo.com

User's Time:
    I don't look at this stuff much these days. Last I did, majesticSEO and MOZ had resources for this (some of which they retired?) -- what are the best sites/ resources for this in 2020?

9. NickB

NickB Wales.org VIP

User's Time:
    I use Ahrefs and Moz....

Also Neil Patel has loads of good free resources

10. Woke Monkey

Woke Monkey Account Closed (Requested)

User's Time:
    Congratulations and thanks for sharing your sale with us. Great sale and a great name!

I suspect we will see a lot more sales which use a similar string... ‘Coin, Coins’.

Looking forward to see what it’s used for.

11. blogspotter

User's Time:
    Awesome. I saw those sales.

12. blogspotter

User's Time:
    It is a live site. Sale happened nore than 2 years back. Coinex even floated their Tokens (CET)

Coins were a lot hotter in the ICO boom

13. Michael

Michael NameBio.com NameBio Staff PRO VIP ICA Member ★★★★★★★★★★

User's Time:
    2:00 PM
    First of all, he is the one that reported the venue, not me. What I received was an Escrow.com screenshot, which is not a venue, so the only thing I could have possibly done is swapped it with "Private". That would be a pretty rude thing to do when he took the time to report it with proof, to not let him get any credit.

When you report a sale you are free to list the venue as yourself, even if it happened at Afternic or elsewhere. This is because a sale at a marketplace is a collaboration between them and you, and ultimately you're the seller. They aren't reporting anything, so if you want to take all the credit that's your business. It has always been like that since the beginning of NameBio, and no amount of complaining or name-calling on your part is going to change that. Period.

He put me in an unusual situation because the site he listed as the venue was not, like is normally the case, a portfolio site. I figured he was probably trying to market that LLL.com and get some attention for it. While I don't think that is going to be a very effective use of the venue field, if that's what he wants to do I don't really care to stop him. Anyone with half a brain will look at that and realize it was a private deal.

This is the main point, and is spot on. If you report the sale, you control the narrative and you say what venue it happened at. It always has and always will be like that. For some people, that's the only reason they bother to report; the publicity. If we force them to say Afternic they're just going to stop reporting and you'll get less data, just for getting hung up on the venue.

Be my guest, but you're wasting your breath. I'm not going to debate this any more either, just needed to respond since you won't stop obsessing over it.

14. lock

lock DomainUsed.com VIP

User's Time:
    What have you learnt from Rick Shwartz has he reached out to you? If you have been influenced it would likely strengthen his portfolio. He isn't offering lessons on domaining. When you have influence you can influence markets.

15. jim h

jim h Upgraded Member Gold Account

User's Time:
    2:00 AM
    Hello. Nice to meet you here.

16. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Top Member NameTalent VIP Gold Account Trusted Blogger

User's Time:
    I agree with this viewpoint, in that since someone did perhaps outbound or promotion work, at the very least set up things like appearance and description at many marketplaces, and if when they report a name to NameBio they do it under their domain site that seems to me totally proper. In fact, with Afternic in policy not to report, it seems like the more ethical way to do it.

That said, I think the problem with what @lambo.com did, in my opinion, was ASZ is not in any way his domain site. It simply is one of his domain names currently for sale, and it goes to a Uniregistry lander. I am not disputing that this would help the name get noticed, and may help a future sale of that domain, but it seems to me when you list venue at NameBio it should be a site where someone can go to get a list or information on your domains in general, a place that will have permanence. Otherwise NameBio will be littered with different one of selling venues that were never authentic selling venues.

Do you have such a site, @lambo, and if so where is it?

Thanks,

Bob

PS tagging @Michael in case he wishes to comment on what sort of sites should be listed as the seller, in case I am off-base in my view.

17. tldboss

tldboss Top Contributor VIP

User's Time:
    Michael mentioned the following
    "When you report a sale you are free to list the venue as yourself, even if it happened at Afternic or elsewhere. This is because a sale at a marketplace is a collaboration between them and you, and ultimately you're the seller. "

"If you report the sale, you control the narrative and you say what venue it happened at. It always has and always will be like that. "

Congrats @lambo.com thanks for sharing.

18. Sutruk

Sutruk Top Contributor VIP

User's Time:
    7:00 PM
    The seller is who sells the domain, throught Afternic, Uniregistry or by other means, whatever. But ultimately is the seller who sells the domain.
    Then, I don't see as mandatory to have a website or something related to place at Namebio. I see it this way, the seller can place his name, one of his domains, or whatever he wants to be identified for the sale of the domain.
    He reports the sale and he has the right to place the name or domain that he wants.

And in Michael words:
    "...a sale at a marketplace is a collaboration between them and you, and ultimately you're the seller. They aren't reporting anything, so if you want to take all the credit that's your business."

19. blogspotter

User's Time:
    I started adding my website in my payee details so that it will show up on invoice that can be used to submit to namebio.

20. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Top Member NameTalent VIP Gold Account Trusted Blogger

User's Time:
    I am totally fine with a seller designating a site they want to be identified with, even some sellers have multiple names, and I am totally fine with that. I really think though the name used should in some way be a name of a site that is involved in selling or promoting names. Not simply some other domain name you want to sell. I don't see that as the seller.

OK I understand he does not believe in marketplaces, even personal ones. Then why not use his Twitter or NamePros handle as the seller? That would have some permanence (here since 2015, Twitter since 2012), it is where he regularly promotes names for sale, and would give a contact opportunity for potential future buyers. It would have the double bonus it is also NamePros handle. Yes, I do understand that name is for sale too, but he has identified on it for some time as mentioned.

The idea that each sale we list some name we want to sell in the future as the seller would quickly make the venue on NameBio seem a joke. Often I go to a seller name I do not recognize to learn more about what they have for sale.

By the way for some reason @Michael response had not shown up, so I had not read it before my last two posts. Not trying to belabour this and now out. Thank you very much Michael for so fully explaining your position. I do agree that those who make a sale, and report it to NameBio, should have considerable latitude.

Just my opinion that in this case a choice of something with more permanence might have been better.

Bob

21. Sutruk

Sutruk Top Contributor VIP

User's Time:
    7:00 PM
    Well, we are not the seller, but it was another person, and I guess this person does not want to use his Twitter, and he preferred to use another of his domains.
    I guess is a question of taste, you would place your Twitter or website, Bob, and the seller wanted to place one of his domains.
    Overall, the important here is that he reported the sale, not Afternic, not Uniregistry. And as he reported the sale, he has the right to choose what to put on Namebio.
    I really don't see the problem here. I see the really important thing to report the sale, that's the imporant thing. Let the seller place whatever he wants, his name, his company, one of his domains... that's the minimum he deserves for reporting the sale, in my opinion.

22. Avijit Roy

Avijit Roy Top Contributor VIP

User's Time:
    How did you acquire A L M I.com? Was it negotiated? Or you hit the BIN?

Any additional details you like to add?

23. Anaco Medy

Anaco Medy Established Member

User's Time:
    Hi, hope you're doing well. I would like to ask you few questions.

What platform do you use to receive your payments?

Where do you buy most of your domains from?

Do you like hand registration?

Where do you sell most of your domain
    names?

How do you know the domain will be profitable before you buy them?

What are the steps do you follow before and after buying a domain name?

It would be very much helpful if you reply, thanks.

24. Mainlander

Mainlander Established Member

User's Time:
    Do you usually have a BIN on your landers and if so, do you use a minimum offer amount?

25. lambo.com

User's Time:
    I reached out to him one time to thank him but that's all.

There is lots I took from RicksBlog.com, much applicable outside of domaining.

Being honest and speaking your truth is one thing. Standing by and defending your domains against dysfunctional bad actors another.

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
biix
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice