Dynadot

I am building an online mall, would you invest in it ?

NameSilo
Watch
Impact
i am building a online mall,would you invest in it ?

Preview:

Screenshot-from-2020-09-28-22-03-50.png

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
The idea is quite simple ...

Shops / Services Providers rent space on the online mall platform to sell their products / services .

For the monthly fee they will pay ,let's say 2500 euros per month ... they will get a lot of visitors do to fact we are going to invest most of that money let's say 70% in entertainment/development/programming/marketing & advertising,salaries .
This is a great idea, in theory, however from a business point of view:
  1. It's been done a million times, and millions of such sites already exist including huge names that already have the market share tied up. How will you compete?
  2. For a business that is worthwhile having on your site to pay so much they are going to want a "profit" from the get go, otherwise they wont pay it.
  3. The business model you propose needs the revenue from them BEFORE you invest in massive ad campaigns to enable them to get a return profit. This model is not a viable B2B attraction with a profitable return that someone will invest in. You are quite literally wanting businesses to "fund" a site that has no traffic and gives them no immediate viable returns until the site "becomes popular". Which in itself has no guarantees and they could just lose all their money.
Lastly, and just my opinion, it looks very dated. If I ended up there from a 3rd party link suggesting I buy something I'd immediately leave the site feeling like it's a quick throw together to spam people (sorry).

•••
This is a great idea, in theory, however from a business point of view:
  1. It's been done a million times, and millions of such sites already exist including huge names that already have the market share tied up. How will you compete?
  2. For a business that is worthwhile having on your site to pay so much they are going to want a "profit" from the get go, otherwise they wont pay it.
  3. The business model you propose needs the revenue from them BEFORE you invest in massive ad campaigns to enable them to get a return profit. This model is not a viable B2B attraction with a profitable return that someone will invest in. You are quite literally wanting businesses to "fund" a site that has no traffic and gives them no immediate viable returns until the site "becomes popular". Which in itself has no guarantees and they could just lose all their money.
Lastly, and just my opinion, it looks very dated. If I ended up there from a 3rd party link suggesting I buy something I'd immediately leave the site feeling like it's a quick throw together to spam people (sorry).

1.Show me links to similar sites ?
2.Like it shows in the diagram when a shop joins ,70% goes back in to programming/advertising services etc...that generates traffic for the platform ...
3.Well that is the point isn't it ? If i create a free shop for you and i do all the advertising and programming ,i hire all the artists etc i will go bankrupt in a few days,months ...
How much does an artist like Snoop Dogg or Miley Cyrus charges for an online concert ... how many visitors will this 2 artists attract on the platform do you think ?

4.That's a wireframe not the real design... just so people understand what i am trying to build.

Here is an example: Hire Dua Lipa for 1 hour to sing for your small shop ...How much money you will have left after ? You will go bankrupt as you can't afford her ...

But if 1000 shops join in and if Dua Lipa can increase their sales by singing ... the price for this type of advertising for each shop is very low...

•••
1.Show me links to similar sites ?
2.Like it shows in the diagram when a shop joins ,70% goes back in to programming/advertising services etc...that generates traffic for the platform ...
3.Well that is the point isn't it ? If i create a free shop for you and i do all the advertising and programming ,i hire all the artists etc i will go bankrupt in a few days,months ...
4.That's a wireframe not the real design... just so people understand what i am trying to build.
I feel you're being defensive, which is understandable, but no need.

1. In your 2nd comment in this thread you stated "you can shop like on amazon or ebay" so with your own words I give you two examples "Amazon" and "Ebay". I ask again how you will compete with such giants with hundreds of millions spent on marketing/ads?

2. "70% goes back into marketing". Ok I have 2.5K to invest, what do I get? Your response can only be "Wait a while so I can build up my business from your money and I will get you a return". Using your words, if a business invests in something without a decent return it will go bust. You need to apply your understanding of what a business needs (i.e. your point 3) to the fact that others are in the same position and also need to turn a profit from their outlay.

3. "If i create a free shop for you and i do all the advertising and programming ,i hire all the artists etc i will go bankrupt in a few days,months" - but I'm not asking you to setup a shop front for me for free, I already have my shop. You are asking me to pay you to list my shop I already own without providing me with any guaranteed outcome or return until you build your business.
Using your example, that's literally like me going marketing team and saying "here's 3K, give me traffic and thus sales and profit" and them saying "sure let me use that 3K to build a marketing company and I'm sure we will do well and be able to generate you traffic once we are making money from your investment.".

If you want money from me I want either a service or a product in return. Or a long term investment with a return, so what you are asking for here is investors. Which is fine, but you have to have an incredibly solid and viable business plan with projected revenue from at least some market research. Otherwise no investor is just going to throw 3K or whatever at you.

4. No offence, but a low grade, simple, thrown together single web page cannot draw you responses from people as to whether your idea is going to work or not. You said "i am building a online mall,would you invest in it ? Preview:" - from the info you have given and an incredibly basic and low quality mock design of a single page, that has been done millions of times, no I cannot, and neither can anyone here outside of dreams and wishing you well.

So what you have here is a chicken and egg scenario. No-one will invest without a viable future return, and you can't get a viable future return without investors. Starting a business from investor funding is ridiculously hard and really needs some money upfront to make them feel like investing. Otherwise you are literally asking people to give you their money with the hope/promise you will do a good job and get them a return. Business just doesn't work like this.

You mentioned "70% back into marketing". Good marketing costs thousands, more. For those businesses to reclaim their initial investment your site would have to generate them a LOT of sales as revenue does not equal profit. They'd need tons of information and projected sales potential from you so they can work out from their products/services how much they'd make back over a certain period. None of which you have, and additionally you are stating worse than that - without their investment first there is no potential return at all. So you don't even have a viable investible model. You just want money from people to build your site with a hope it'll work out and give them some sales.

Honestly, it's just not as simple as you make out. However, if you have the drive to pursue this, I suggest you find your own initial funding, say $300, for very low costs PPC etc and drive a ton of traffic to the site first so at least you can state some figure of potential/projected returns they will get from your current traffic. Then start asking business to pay you, or invest etc.

Sincerely good luck :xf.smile:

•••
I feel you're being defensive, which is understandable, but no need.
--snip--

1.Go to a real mall and go visit Amazon ,Ebay ...compare them and note down the differences ... before pandemic malls i mean ...
Here are a few:
In a real mall you can communicate with the merchant ,and any question you ask they will answer it for you ... On amazon it's lifeless
In a real mall i can haggle ...in some parts of the world you can do that ,on amazon you can't
Let's say i want to buy a pair of nike shoes on amazon ...all i see is some pictures of shoes and a video of some guy running ..
In a real mall i can touch the product i want ,to implement this on my virtual mall a shop employee will have to show potential client the exact shoes via video streaming it can be implemented
On Amazon ,Ebay you can't have fun,you can't socialize ,you just read about products and that's it
On Amazon,Ebay the client has to wait 14-30 days for his product to be shipped ,In a real mall you pay you get your product instant ,so will try to force shops that join to ship very fast 1-7 days max depending on location.
On Amazon ,Ebay they are mostly Chinese merchants that sell junk products made by slave workers ... In my mall i will force shops to sell only quality products ...
etc etc

2.If your a shop you pay a monthly fee of 2.5k like in a real mall ,if your a investor 2.5k that is low amount investment for a mall like this ...do something else with that money ,investors understand what i said by just looking at diagram ... now if your a shop owner and pay 2.5k fee monthly ,your money is peanuts...your money stays in escrow or is used for ads to make other shops join in etc until more shops joins in ...Marketing / Advertising team will know exactly what to do with that money ,you as a shop focus on your clients to provide best service/products for them , and how we brink traffic in leave it for the marketing/advertising team ...this is why you pay them via your shop monthly fee ...There will be a initial investment that will generate traffic etc just look at the diagram i made...

3.So you say you got a shop ok ... now how much it cost you cloud hosting ,how much it cost you the payment methods you use ...? How much it cost you designers ? Are you sure you can provide all payment methods for clients ? When a hacker attacks your site and destroys it what do you do ? Beside marketing /advertising services you also get programming,security,design services and so on ...you just focus as shop on providing the best services / products for clients .

4. Like i said it's an idea ...i am not asking you for money

5.In the short run your single shop will compete with my mall .

But in the long run you will not be able to compete with my mall as a single shop ,my mall idea is a cooperative .Either you join us or you go bankrupt as a single shop.

Let's see if your single shop survives a team of 10k-100k shops :) that combine their resources.Single shops already have problems with Amazon ,Ebay,Aliexpress etc....

Last edited:
•••
Think of my mall idea as the Roman Empire ...and your single shop no matter what brand you are as a small village...your choice if you join or try to compete it ...

•••
1.In a real mall you can communicate with the merchant ,and any question you ask they will answer it for you ... On amazon it's lifeless
Your website is not a "real mall" it's the same as Amazon, therefore the comparison of your venture vs Amazon is surely valid?

If your a shop you pay a monthly fee of 2.5k like in a real mall ,if your a investor 2.5k that is low amount investment for a mall like this ...do something else with that money ,investors understand what i said by just looking at diagram ... now if your a shop owner and pay 2.5k fee monthly ,your money is peanuts...your money stays in escrow or is used for ads to make other shops join in etc until more shops joins in ...Marketing / Advertising team will know exactly what to do with that money ,you as a shop focus on your clients to provide best service/products for them , and how we brink traffic in leave it for the marketing/advertising team ...this is why you pay them via your shop monthly fee ...There will be a initial investment that will generate traffic etc just look at the diagram i made...
Sorry, I fail to see the relevance of this in the discussion of your website being a viable business or investable venture.
You are not a shop you are a website, competing with Google ads, Amazon, Ebay, etc.

And for whom is $2.5K peanuts? If it were then you'd need no backing or investors. It's a lot of money, business who see it as otherwise have gone bust. Or are huge corporate companies who use other huge operations to advertise with, not someone's new tiny venture (no offence, just facts).

3.So you say you got a shop ok ... now how much it cost you cloud hosting ,how much it cost you the payment methods you use ...? How much it cost you designers ? Are you sure you can provide all payment methods for clients ? When a hacker attacks your site and destroys it what do you do ? Beside marketing /advertising services you also get programming,security,design services and so on ...you just focus as shop on providing the best services / products for clients .
I don't see what any of this has to do with your idea being viable or the likelihood of real businesses investing?

Think of my mall idea as the Roman Empire ...and your single shop no matter what brand you are as a small village...your choice if you join or try to compete it

But in the long run you will not be able to compete with my mall as a single shop ,my mall idea is a cooperative .Either you join us or you go bankrupt as a single shop.
Live the dream. Best of luck to you :xf.smile:

•••
I will have to check with Mark Cuban and the rest of the panel on Shark Tank to see if they would invest in a digital product.
So far, they are not too keen when it comes to investing in internet startups.
They will invest, but at their rules.
EG: little money for a lot of the ownership stake.

•••
Your website is not a "real mall" it's the same as Amazon, therefore the comparison of your venture vs Amazon is surely valid?

Sorry, I fail to see the relevance of this in the discussion of your website being a viable business or investable venture.
You are not a shop you are a website, competing with Google ads, Amazon, Ebay, etc.

And for whom is $2.5K peanuts? If it were then you'd need no backing or investors. It's a lot of money, business who see it as otherwise have gone bust. Or are huge corporate companies who use other huge operations to advertise with, not someone's new tiny venture (no offence, just facts).

I don't see what any of this has to do with your idea being viable or the likelihood of real businesses investing?

Live the dream. Best of luck to you :xf.smile:

You will not be able to compete with my mall ... not even amazon will

Do you even realize how many resources it will have if 100k shops join in and each shop pays a 2.5k rent fee + 30% for investors ?

That's 250.000.000 USD monthly just for advertising/marketing/programming/security/hosting services etc...

And that's 3.000.000.000 USD yearly

Now imagine 1 million shops joining in that's 30 billion USD ... + other services etc ... it's a giant

Last edited:
•••
Keep this in mind, not just ebay, amazon, and so forth are there for businesses, but now tik tok, instagram and more internet media companies getting into stores.
See facebook, one can do all that for free.
Amazon: An Amazon storefront is free. Companies do not have to pay a fee to open an Amazon Store. Many companies with an Amazon Store, however, do subscribe to the Professional selling plan, which costs $39.99 per month.
So it will be hard to convince someone to pay you 2.5k dollars per month.

•••
The time series shows the net revenue of Amazon.com's e-commerce and service sales from 2004 to 2019, in billion US dollars. In the last reported year, the multinational e-commerce company's net revenue was 280.5 billion U.S. dollars, up from 177.86 billion US dollars in 2017.
ANd not one of their storefronts are paying 2.5k dollars per month, except maybe those selling enough products to pay the % fee amazon wants.

You are not looking out for the businesses, the people who sell the products, instead you are only looking out for investors!!!!
And that dooms you from the start.

Last edited:
•••
Keep this in mind, not just ebay, amazon, and so forth are there for businesses, but now tik tok, instagram and more internet media companies getting into stores.
See facebook, one can do all that for free.
Amazon: An Amazon storefront is free. Companies do not have to pay a fee to open an Amazon Store. Many companies with an Amazon Store, however, do subscribe to the Professional selling plan, which costs $39.99 per month.
So it will be hard to convince someone to pay you 2.5k dollars per month.

If it generates more sales by using my mall idea instead of others then it will be easy to switch for them .
This what the CMO and his advertising team will be paid for ...so we better give them good salary :)

CEO+ CMO + CTO are very important for mall success.

Last edited:
•••
The time series shows the net revenue of Amazon.com's e-commerce and service sales from 2004 to 2019, in billion US dollars. In the last reported year, the multinational e-commerce company's net revenue was 280.5 billion U.S. dollars, up from 177.86 billion US dollars in 2017.
ANd not one of their storefronts are paying 2.5k dollars per month, except maybe those selling enough products to pay the % fee amazon wants.

You are not looking out for the businesses, the people who sell the products, instead you are only looking out for investors!!!!
And that dooms you from the start.

you need to balance it here ... make happy investors and shops at same time ...else why anyone would invest or join mall as shop ... this is CEO job to create this balance ... me i am a just a programmer/designer ...

•••
You will not be able to compete with my mall ... not even amazon will

Do you even realize how many resources it will have if 100k shops join in and each shop pays a 2.5k rent fee + 30% for investors ?

That's 250.000.000 USD monthly just for advertising/marketing/programming/security/hosting services etc...

And that's 3.000.000.000 USD yearly

Now imagine 1 million shops joining in that's 30 billion USD ... + other services etc ... it's a giant

When you mean a (Shop) you mean a producer of X good ?

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
Back