Dynadot

HugeDomains.com is Buying 50%+ of Expiring Domains at GoDaddy.com

NameSilo
Watch

Arca

Top Member
Impact
I've been wondering about the competition in auctions for expiring domains over at GoDaddy.com, because somebody is paying hundreds for seemingly every domain that gets a few bidders.

I’ve also noticed a clear pattern, with the last bidder (or one of the last bidders) entering the auction winning most of the time, which made me think that there is one large corporate buyer piggybacking of whatever domains other people find and bid on. Turns out that is the case: HugeDomains.com is buying most domains over at GoDaddy.com expired auctions. I looked up the WHOIS of the past 150 auctions I have lost at GoDaddy.com, and 84 of those are now owned by HugeDomains.com and listed for sale on HugeDomains.com.

While 50%+ may not be representative of overall domains bought at GoDaddy, they do seem to buy far more domains than anyone else. The 66 names not bought by HugeDomains.com were bought by a number of different individuals and companies (BuyDomains.com bought 6 of those 66, for example), so 50%+ were taken by HugeDomains, while "the rest" of the auction wins were by a number of different individual domainers and companies.

This might not be news to some, but I've never seen anyone mention that HugeDomains is this active over at GD expired auctions, so I thought it might be interesting for some people to know who is outbidding everyone in the lower range over at GoDaddy. I've read people mentioning that HugeDomains buy names in close-out status over at GoDaddy, but never that they buy most of the domains in auctions too.

HugeDomains absolutely dominates all auctions below $5XX, and they only picked up a single name above $5XX (cakemart.com) in my sample of 150 names, so $5XX seems to be a self-imposed limit for them. If I only checked domains sold below $5XX, the percentage bought by them would be even higher. I've been the second highest bidder in lots of auctions that HugeDomains.com won, and in my experience they will keep bidding until you give up or until the price passes $5XX. By outbidding most bidders in the lower end, and acquiring more than half of the domains other people also have interest, it leaves a far smaller pool of names for the rest of the domainers to compete for, so I guess that's part of the reason why the reseller prices for names keep increasing so much for names in this range.

The only way to buy cheap domains at GoDaddy auctions now seems to be to let domains expire with 0 bids, so that they go to close-out status, and then try to snipe them as soon as that happens. However, some domainers seem to think it's smart to bid $12 on any decent name when there is 1-15 minutes left, hoping that nobody else is going to place a bid, so fewer and fewer decent names are let to expire with 0 bids. However, that strategy never seems to work (I've tried it myself lots of names, and it did not work even one time), because there are always other people watching and waiting for the name to go to close-out, and they jump in and bid if you make a $12 bid, and most of those names are eventually won by HugeDomains.com. What experiences do other people have at GD recently? Anyone else have any good strategies for buying expiring domains @ GoDaddy.com these days?

Some examples of expired domains bought at GoDaddy.com auctions by HugeDomains:
Domain: skillsharing.com
Purchase price (at GoDaddy): $540
Asking price (at HugeDomains): $2995

Domain: ledmaster.com
Purchase price (at GoDaddy): $537
BIN price (at HugeDomains): $2195

Domain: cyberstrategies.com
Purchase price (at GoDaddy): $262
Asking price (at HugeDomains): $2895

Domain: crablab.com
Purchase price (at GoDaddy): $320
Asking price (at HugeDomains): $1895

Domain: dailyportal.com
Purchase price (at GoDaddy): $560
Asking price (at HugeDomains): $2895

Domain: fivesecondrule.com
Purchase price (at GoDaddy): $42
Asking price (at HugeDomains): $2695

Domain: deltacloud.com
Purchase price (at GoDaddy): $365
BIN price (at HugeDomains): $1795

Domain: itace.com
Purchase price (at GoDaddy): $499
BIN price (at HugeDomains): $2595

Domain: sunnykitchen.com
Purchase price (at GoDaddy): $200
BIN price (at HugeDomains): $2595

Domain: baristaschool.com
Purchase price (at GoDaddy): $449
BIN price (at HugeDomains): $2895

Domain: cakemart.com
Purchase price (at GoDaddy): $695
BIN price (at HugeDomains): $3495

Domain: visuala.com
Purchase price (at GoDaddy): $315
BIN price (at HugeDomains): $2795

Domain: massanalytics.com
Purchase price (at GoDaddy): $130
BIN price (at HugeDomains): $2095

Domain: edusport.com
Purchase price (at GoDaddy): $535
BIN price (at HugeDomains): $2995

Domain: acneguru.com
Purchase price (at GoDaddy): $52
Asking price (at HugeDomains): $2495

Domain: stylefolio.com
Purchase price (at GoDaddy): $195
Asking price (at HugeDomains): $1995

Related: HUGE DOMAINS SNIPING GODADDY CLOSEOUTS

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Although prices for GD pre-release expiring names are increasing a lot, thanks in part to HugeDomains' auction participation, the competition for NameJet pre-release and dropcaught names is just as fierce (and HugeDomains is not a bidder in those auctions). While HD win a lot of GD auctions in the sub $600 range, they also get outbid a lot of the time, and lots of names sell for high $XXX into $XXXX, and a lot of those names would not have fetched those kinds of prices just a while back.

It's become really hard to buy names for reasonable prices at NameJet as well, even when compared with just a few months ago. Auction competition for dropcaught names has increased noticeably too. HD is just one of many players who are pursuing this kind of strategy, so prices are increasing significantly across all reseller venues, regardless of HD's participation. Hopefully this trend will reverse at some point, because if price increases continue at this rate, a lot of people are going to be priced out of the pre-release/pen del game after some time.

•••
I hear you @Arca. I've never been a true visionary. But I see a lot of bad domains being sold at the various venues at what were almost retail prices a year ago. I don't see the retailer buyer has changed their buying strategies that much. Perhaps all these buyers in the markets think they are going to change the strategies of the retail buyers by cornering the market. And get them to pay a lot more for their domains. But there are several types of retail buyer. Some must have their single dictionary word dot com. Whatever the price. But that's the top tier of buyer. They pay whatever it takes. But those buyers wanting 2 word dot coms have almost an infinite number of choices. If 1 domain is too expensive. They look around for something less expensive. Branding is becoming increasingly more important. IMHO.

•••
Although prices for GD pre-release expiring names are increasing a lot, thanks in part to HugeDomains' auction participation, the competition for NameJet pre-release and dropcaught names is just as fierce (and HugeDomains is not a bidder in those auctions). While HD win a lot of GD auctions in the sub $600 range, they also get outbid a lot of the time, and lots of names sell for high $XXX into $XXXX, and a lot of those names would not have fetched those kinds of prices just a while back.

It's become really hard to buy names for reasonable prices at NameJet as well, even when compared with just a few months ago. Auction competition for dropcaught names has increased noticeably too. HD is just one of many players who are pursuing this kind of strategy, so prices are increasing significantly across all reseller venues, regardless of HD's participation. Hopefully this trend will reverse at some point, because if price increases continue at this rate, a lot of people are going to be priced out of the pre-release/pen del game after some time.

Well cause, and effect. When someone loses out at godaddy, they may be willing to spend more at namejet, and vice versa. Many domainers use different venues, and if they are losing on one, emotion may make them bid more on the next auction, or venue.

We all know the end users, and there $10-$500 offers, these names are selling for high $xxx to low $xxxx, end users are far, and few between, and it takes time to go back, and forth, and for them to get their budgets straight, and when you figure all that out, you still got to get them to submit actual payment.

So you are going to have people who overpayed for domains, trying to get X times return at a higher valuation leading to a lower sell thru rate. Or you are going to get some very high priced aftermarket buys sitting idle in accounts collecting dust.

A good portfolio is maybe churning out 2-2.5% right now, bad ones .05-1%, as costs have to be passed on, you are going to get more renewal pressures, and maybe this will push people to gtld's as .com ask prices have to be more, as more was paid.

The end users do not understand, when you pay $2K for a good 2 keyword .com, and they think they are handing you the world with a $1K offer.

This is a good time to take a step back, and let the market aftermarket correct. To many people think we are upon a gold rush, only thing is the picks, and shovels are costing more then the amount of gold they can mine in the ground.

•••
Good observations above. Something I've also noticed in the last couple months is that there seems to be lot less decent to good quality domain names expiring (hitting the pre-release status at Namejet). And obviously if there less quality names expiring it will intensify the competition for those, that do expire, and eventually on all auction platforms.

Last edited:
•••
Good observations above. Something I've also noticed in the last couple months is that there seems to be lot less decent to good quality domain names expiring (hitting the pre-release status at Namejet). And obviously if there less quality names expiring it will intensify the competition for those, that do expire, and eventually on all auction platforms.

Alot of the stuff I followed at namejet had reserves this week, most people didn't even bother bidding, as the reserves are more end user priced.

•••
Well cause, and effect. When someone loses out at godaddy, they may be willing to spend more at namejet, and vice versa. Many domainers use different venues, and if they are losing on one, emotion may make them bid more on the next auction, or venue.

We all know the end users, and there $10-$500 offers, these names are selling for high $xxx to low $xxxx, end users are far, and few between, and it takes time to go back, and forth, and for them to get their budgets straight, and when you figure all that out, you still got to get them to submit actual payment.

So you are going to have people who overpayed for domains, trying to get X times return at a higher valuation leading to a lower sell thru rate. Or you are going to get some very high priced aftermarket buys sitting idle in accounts collecting dust.

A good portfolio is maybe churning out 2-2.5% right now, bad ones .05-1%, as costs have to be passed on, you are going to get more renewal pressures, and maybe this will push people to gtld's as .com ask prices have to be more, as more was paid.

The end users do not understand, when you pay $2K for a good 2 keyword .com, and they think they are handing you the world with a $1K offer.

This is a good time to take a step back, and let the market aftermarket correct. To many people think we are upon a gold rush, only thing is the picks, and shovels are costing more then the amount of gold they can mine in the ground.

Great post completely agree. I would say lately i'm finding over 90% of the names I really want to buy on godaddy are going above my comfort zone and the few I am getting i'm having to pay up for and not even crazy about the names and they're often going up to or close to my max proxy. As godaddy auctions are right now forget it IMO, i'm taking a step back and changing strategy on my buys, as things are today the likelihood of even being close to making ROI at these kind of prices are close to 0.

Just some sales from yesterday not just on godaddy but a few other venues:

biobanking.com 4,222 USD 2016-12-21 GoDaddy
tireland.com 2,605 USD 2016-12-21 GoDaddy
thetechblock.com 2,570 USD 2016-12-21 GoDaddy
myfridge.com 2,475 USD 2016-12-21 GoDaddy
helpme.org 2,200 USD 2016-12-21 DropCatch
vacawear.com 2,000 USD 2016-12-21 Flippa
platinumsolutions.com 1,611 USD 2016-12-21 NameJet
upgrademedia.com 1,600 USD 2016-12-21 BuyDomains
tuinen.com 1,220 USD 2016-12-21 NameJet
badadvice.com 910 USD 2016-12-21 GoDaddy
openmeet.com 860 USD 2016-12-21 GoDaddy
holoplan.com 833 USD 2016-12-21 Sedo
paradisemedia.com 785 USD 2016-12-21 GoDaddy
endlesstraffic.com 660 USD 2016-12-21 Flippa

Just a quick check tells me these names are too high overall. Tireland is a really nice brand and perhaps is worth the $2.6k outlay hoping for a 5 figure sale someday but most of the others forget it. I put in upgrademedia from buydomains as I think that's a really solid brand for $1.6k and TBH till I saw it sold on buydomains I was almost expecting to see Godaddy and could easily see it doing that or more there. Paradisemedia for example which I don't rate as highly did $785 on godaddy yesterday. Biobanking at close to $5k, thetechblock at $2.5k - too high, myfridge at $2.5k - for goodness sake and so on.

Certainly time for a real rethink of strategy across the board!

•••
@joro001 - I liked PlatinumSolutions.com @ $1.6k. Wreaks of a solid business brand. IMHO. The rest, I probably would not even have bid on. It's above my comfort zone. But I think the buyer got at least a reasonable chance to make some money with it.

Last edited:
•••
@joro001 - I liked PlatinumSolutions.com @ $1.6k. Wreaks of a solid business brand. IMHO. The rest, I probably would not even have bid on. It's above my comfort zone. But I think the buyer got at least a reasonable chance to make some money with it.

It's a nice name true, I would have gone up to $1k max for it had I seen it I would have thought, but in any event it says it all that we are in agreement that 90%+ of the high value sales going through various venues at the moment are ridiculously high and not even likely to see end users paying those sort of prices if they ever get inquiries, forget about ROI.

Time for a real rethink.

•••
Great post completely agree. I would say lately i'm finding over 90% of the names I really want to buy on godaddy are going above my comfort zone and the few I am getting i'm having to pay up for and not even crazy about the names and they're often going up to or close to my max proxy. As godaddy auctions are right now forget it IMO, i'm taking a step back and changing strategy on my buys, as things are today the likelihood of even being close to making ROI at these kind of prices are close to 0.

Just a quick check tells me these names are too high overall. Tireland is a really nice brand and perhaps is worth the $2.6k outlay hoping for a 5 figure sale someday but most of the others forget it. I put in upgrademedia from buydomains as I think that's a really solid brand for $1.6k and TBH till I saw it sold on buydomains I was almost expecting to see Godaddy and could easily see it doing that or more there. Paradisemedia for example which I don't rate as highly did $785 on godaddy yesterday. Biobanking at close to $5k, thetechblock at $2.5k - too high, myfridge at $2.5k - for goodness sake and so on.

Tireland.com has trademark issues, and the owner renewed it, so you would have tied up $2.6k into 2017.

The .com and . net are the only extensions taken, and all by the same company.

They would sue, before they buy.

Biobanking is at a risky upfront cash point for a flip at $4.2k, even if you get an offer most will be at $2-3k, it will cost $5K to break even with commissions involved. If that one special buyer does not show up, then what.

As most other extensions are university, and non profit research types, along with domainers sitting idle.

The upside is really tough with that list, as you know end users, it is a struggle past $2.5K, and many of those names are touching, and exceeding it.

PlatinumSolutions is catchy for sure, you have a GTLD in play, and we know that $2500 mark is not much meat on the bone, get more than that will take some time. You never know though sometimes you get lucky, but $1600 to find this out, ouch. These kinds of names were $400-800, there is not much margin for the risk left in it.

Even if you had a $1k offer you could break even, and be out if you wanted some liquidity.

Maybe it's Huge Domains pushing prices higher, as it would give them an advantage in their $1500-3000 sweet spot. Maybe they are getting a volume rebate, no clue, but as we all know it is about cash flow management, and not putting your eggs in one basket, as well as mitigating risk.

The list above reflects a day in domaining, and you needed $7K to get the top two highest price names sold, one had tm risk, and was renewed by the owner, messing up cash flow for a long time with the holidays. The other needs $5k just for break even, if sold thru a venue. How many names can you get with $5K, as opposed to one that has some potential. Not to many years ago that was a 3L.com.

It is over speculators, and hypsters who are pushing this up. Maybe some inside market makers also. We all see what the Chinese did in a few months, and prices are at 50 percent of their highs. The 5L chips are dropping fast, with no buyers. The 4L chips peaked at $2500, now trade at around $1250.

Last edited:
•••
Tireland.com has trademark issues, and the owner renewed it, so you would have tied up $2.6k into 2017.

The .com and . net are the only extensions taken, and all by the same company.

They would sue, before they buy.

Biobanking is at a risky upfront cash point for a flip at $4.2k, even if you get an offer most will be at $2-3k, it will cost $5K to break even with commissions involved. If that one special buyer does not show up, then what.

As most other extensions are university, and non profit research types, along with domainers sitting idle.

The upside is really tough with that list, as you know end users, it is a struggle past $2.5K, and many of those names are touching, and exceeding it.

PlatinumSolutions is catchy for sure, you have a GTLD in play, and we know that $2500 mark is not much meat on the bone, get more than that will take some time. You never know though sometimes you get lucky, but $1600 to find this out, ouch. These kinds of names were $400-800, there is not much margin for the risk left in it.

Even if you had a $1k offer you could break even, and be out if you wanted some liquidity.

Maybe it's Huge Domains pushing prices higher, as it would give them an advantage in their $1500-3000 sweet spot. Maybe they are getting a volume rebate, no clue, but as we all know it is about cash flow management, and not putting your eggs in one basket, as well as mitigating risk.

The list above reflects a day in domaining, and you needed $7K to get the top two highest price names sold, one had tm risk, and was renewed by the owner, messing up cash flow for a long time with the holidays. The other needs $5k just for break even, if sold thru a venue. How many names can you get with $5K, as opposed to one that has some potential. Not to many years ago that was a 3L.com.

It is over speculators, and hypsters who are pushing this up. Maybe some inside market makers also. We all see what the Chinese did in a few months, and prices are at 50 percent of their highs. The 5L chips are dropping fast, with no buyers. The 4L chips peaked at $2500, now trade at around $1250.

Didn't even think to check the trieland TM issue which I should have (assuming someone paying $2.6k would have researched all that already), okay, so now I wouldn't have bought any domain I posted above at those prices. We all seem to agree about platinumsolutions being a good name but i'm with you it's too much money spent.

Crazy prices for domains that simply aren't worth it when you factor in quality of domains, end user appeal, renewal costs and sales %, something has to change here or else you can wave goodbye to the lower/average/even good end of the market to make ROI in domaining.

Last edited:
•••
Didn't even think to check the trieland TM issue which I should have (assuming someone paying $2.6k would have researched all that already), okay, so now I wouldn't have bought any domain I posted above at those prices. We all agree about platinumsolutions but i'm with you it's too much money spent.

Crazy prices for domains that simply aren't worth it when you factor in quality of domains, end user appeal, renewal costs and sales %, something has to change here or else you can wave goodbye to the lower/average/even good end of the market to make ROI in domaining.

You are absolutely right, good to see some domainers still are using rationale in the marketplace.

I have seen some Chinese, and Indian registrations on some domains, so it's safe to say new entrants are taking stab in the dark, getting school in auction bid ups, and coming to namepros and getting estibot appraisals, and running with all of this.

Surely end users will have to start moving into reg fee GTLDs as they tend to balk at any mid 4 figure price point. With interest rates headed higher, and a end to cheap money, this maybe a bad sign for some of these buyers.

•••
I didn't even find these names that good, except for a couple, but had made a list, some just to see if they're going to be registered...
today's drops
vrbarn.com
Techniview.com
FireXe.com
tecnyc.com
seattlebeds.com
inygma.com
gearactive.com
AudioSub.com
CozyEnergy.com
FluffyElf.com
organiso.com
Transrock.com
Cellara.com

ALL of them were caught by dropcatch... I'm sure HugeDomains will be the owner of many or all of these when the whois changes.. it's become almost impossible to catch anything good without paying up for it..

Last edited:
•••
LOL

This is the Domainers' Conundrum:

- expired domains will invariably fetch higher prices (at auction) than if you held it waiting for an end user
(where it might never have received an inquiry or wouldn't in the next 10+ yrs)

•••
LOL

This is the Domainers' Conundrum:

- expired domains will invariably fetch higher prices (at auction) than if you held it waiting for an end user
(where it might never have received an inquiry or wouldn't in the next 10+ yrs)
I totally agree, and we have seen this first hand.

You can have an expired domain go thru the expire process and fetch $3000 in auction, place it in a 7 day public auction, and you won't even get $2,000.

Just the way it works.

•••

i think who ever bought those to resell of flip waaaaay over paid. those are almost end-users prices,

•••
The big advantage we have over the super domain co's is out flexibility.

The big guys need to replenish their portfolios with large injections of new names - like whales, they open their mouths and swallow it all and whole

us smaller guys have the advantage to pick and choose at leisure - like small sharks, we can pick what we eat.

•••
The big advantage we have over the super domain co's is out flexibility.

The big guys need to replenish their portfolios with large injections of new names - like whales, they open their mouths and swallow it all and whole

us smaller guys have the advantage to pick and choose at leisure - like small sharks, we can pick what we eat.

Not exactly the best analogy. We can pick up what we eat after the whales have had their fill, and left the slops for everyone else ;)

•••
UPDATE: the names I posted a couple of posts above are ALL forwarding to HugeDomains as anticipated (except for cellara so far)...

we should make a coalition and put funds together and bid on these names and just bring the prices higher so they don't continue to get tons of names a day for so cheap.. in case we win some, we'll collectively pay for it..

Last edited:
•••
UPDATE: the names I posted a couple of posts above are ALL forwarding to HugeDomains as anticipated (except for cellara so far)...

we should make a coalition and put funds together and bid on these names and just bring the prices higher so they don't continue to get tons of names a day for so cheap.. in case we win some, we'll collectively pay for it..

HugeNames is a beast right now, they dominate.

Many people make them a fortune everyday at dropcatch, giving them more money to get more registry connections.

It is a numbers game, and they are dominating right now, most domainers are feeding their main competition. It is a perfect marketplace for them, and a slow bleed for the small domainer as they can't get inventory, and if they do, they will have to pay up for it.

•••

I wouldn't want to play that game. It could work out very expensive.

•••
(...)
Many people make them a fortune everyday at dropcatch, giving them more money to get more registry connections..(...)

Personally, this is the main reason why i very rarely use their services for BO's compared with other auction sites. The fact that anyone can bid is another good reason...competing against end users...i think not.

•••

BioBanking.com went to a chinese buyer who has domainbuyer777 in his email, so bidder 2, taxed him up over $4K for an aftermarket buy, plus ING endings are not always good, many do not like them.

Last edited:
•••
BioBanking.com went to a chinese buyer who has domainbuyer777 in his email, so bidder 2, made taxed him up over $4K for an aftermarket buy, plus ING endings are not always good, many do not like them.

Yep I saw it on domainshane and it was in the $xxx range when he posted and sure enough it went up a lot from there. Silly price for an average domain. Whilst we're at it here's some more sales yesterday:

huskyhealth.com 12,900 USD 2016-12-28 NameJet
bestdrones.com 6,600 USD 2016-12-28 GoDaddy
search.io 5,500 USD 2016-12-28 Flippa
dailytoast.com 5,000 USD 2016-12-28 BuyDomains
naturalsource.com 3,633 USD 2016-12-28 DropCatch
recart.com 3,500 USD 2016-12-28 BuyDomains
altel.com 3,003 USD 2016-12-28 NameJet
gene-watch.org 2,700 USD 2016-12-28 NameJet
nautiluslabs.com 2,500 USD 2016-12-28 BuyDomains
wisewithmoney.com 2,488 USD 2016-12-28 BuyDomains
dailydeals.org 2,100 USD 2016-12-28 Flippa
saexplorers.org 2,010 USD 2016-12-28 NameJet
galaxylighting.com 1,925 USD 2016-12-28 GoDaddy
jeeptech.com 1,525 USD 2016-12-28 GoDaddy
professionalpm.com 1,500 USD 2016-12-28 BuyDomains
adchampion.com 1,500 USD 2016-12-28 BuyDomains
innovativere.com 1,375 USD 2016-12-28 BuyDomains
cuiquan.com 1,354 USD 2016-12-28 DropCatch
analyze.org 1,259 USD 2016-12-28 DropCatch
farmdelivery.com 1,250 USD 2016-12-28 BuyDomains
marketwagon.com 1,250 USD 2016-12-28 BuyDomains
goodok.com 1,220 USD 2016-12-28 DropCatch
aboutlighting.com 1,144 USD 2016-12-28 BuyDomains
linuxglobal.com 1,036 USD 2016-12-28 BuyDomains
funnest.com 969 USD 2016-12-28 Flippa
sacma.com 940 USD 2016-12-28 NameJet
timeforwine.com 855 USD 2016-12-28 GoDaddy
apparelcorps.com 850 USD 2016-12-28 Flippa
boncap.com 849 USD 2016-12-28 NameJet
wowrealty.com 753 USD 2016-12-28 GoDaddy
cloudreviews.net 750 USD 2016-12-28 Flippa
storymine.com 695 USD 2016-12-28 GoDaddy

I don't think this is just about the OP and Huge domains although it is true and a good point. Aftermarket names and average ones at that are going for stupid prices and even the better names are way too high.

Bestdrones.com for example, a nice name that I tracked for a while, but for $6.6k lol, way too high. Look at the list above, either junk names selling for big money or decent/good names also going huge. 4 figurers for trash is commonplace now.

Some of the names if you didn't look to see buydomains sold them you wouldn't know which names are end user sales IMO. Bottom line, auction prices are broadly going for what end user prices are going for which is ludicrous.

Last edited:
•••
Yep I saw it on domainshane and it was in the $xxx range when he posted and sure enough it went up a lot from there. Silly price for an average domain. Whilst we're at it here's some more sales yesterday:

huskyhealth.com 12,900 USD 2016-12-28 NameJet
bestdrones.com 6,600 USD 2016-12-28 GoDaddy
search.io 5,500 USD 2016-12-28 Flippa
dailytoast.com 5,000 USD 2016-12-28 BuyDomains
naturalsource.com 3,633 USD 2016-12-28 DropCatch
recart.com 3,500 USD 2016-12-28 BuyDomains
altel.com 3,003 USD 2016-12-28 NameJet
gene-watch.org 2,700 USD 2016-12-28 NameJet
nautiluslabs.com 2,500 USD 2016-12-28 BuyDomains
wisewithmoney.com 2,488 USD 2016-12-28 BuyDomains
dailydeals.org 2,100 USD 2016-12-28 Flippa
saexplorers.org 2,010 USD 2016-12-28 NameJet
galaxylighting.com 1,925 USD 2016-12-28 GoDaddy
jeeptech.com 1,525 USD 2016-12-28 GoDaddy
professionalpm.com 1,500 USD 2016-12-28 BuyDomains
adchampion.com 1,500 USD 2016-12-28 BuyDomains
innovativere.com 1,375 USD 2016-12-28 BuyDomains
cuiquan.com 1,354 USD 2016-12-28 DropCatch
analyze.org 1,259 USD 2016-12-28 DropCatch
farmdelivery.com 1,250 USD 2016-12-28 BuyDomains
marketwagon.com 1,250 USD 2016-12-28 BuyDomains
goodok.com 1,220 USD 2016-12-28 DropCatch
aboutlighting.com 1,144 USD 2016-12-28 BuyDomains
linuxglobal.com 1,036 USD 2016-12-28 BuyDomains
funnest.com 969 USD 2016-12-28 Flippa
sacma.com 940 USD 2016-12-28 NameJet
timeforwine.com 855 USD 2016-12-28 GoDaddy
apparelcorps.com 850 USD 2016-12-28 Flippa
boncap.com 849 USD 2016-12-28 NameJet
wowrealty.com 753 USD 2016-12-28 GoDaddy
cloudreviews.net 750 USD 2016-12-28 Flippa
storymine.com 695 USD 2016-12-28 GoDaddy

I don't think this is just about the OP and Huge domains although it is true and a good point. Aftermarket names and average ones at that are going for stupid prices and even the better names are way too high.

Bestdrones.com for example, a nice name that I tracked for a while, but for $6.6k lol, way too high. Look at the list above, either junk names selling for big money or decent/good names also going huge. 4 figurers for trash is commonplace now.

Some of the names if you didn't look to see buydomains sold them you wouldn't know which names are end user sales IMO. Bottom line, auction prices are broadly going for what end user prices are going for which is ludicrous.

Nixe report funny how the buydomains which are most likely end user are on the bottom, telling you domainers are paying more than end users, which never ends well.

•••
To me it seems that some / most of the names that go way high is due to the newsletter \ auction listing recommendations from the vip contact at GD.

Once these lists get emailed I notice names suddenly go really high, even when no interest before.

Maybe some people rely on these lists rather than using their own judgement and time for finding names.

•••
Back