IT.COM

advice How would you develop this domain...?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

sirlordcomic

Top Member
Impact
If you owned this domain, I'm curious what folks would do, if anything, while waiting for end-user sale on VirtualRooms.com

Lots of possibilities...

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I like it. It does have alot of possibilties.

Anything VR could go on it. walk into one room and it's racing, another room is adult, another is school......

Where's the exit??? I could get lost in there!!!

•••
Virtual offices, definitely. A big service round these parts for new companies looking to register a more prestigious London address, or businesses who need ad-hoc meeting rooms.

How could you get value from the domain via this? Well, it's a strong brandable- could be used for a Virtual Room/office finder- search in London, NYC etc.. Work out some kind of affiliate deal with the vendors? Or even go so far as setting up a vendor/re-seller yourself! There's a lot of possblities with this domain now, before anything VR is even considered..!

•••
Thanks for the input. With so many irons in the fire I'm not finding the time to focus on this but the food for thought is most welcome.

Real estate and home staging come to mind; mock-ups of room layouts for virtual blueprints etc.

•••
real estate not that much in my opinion, as it is a room, not a home or place to live. I think @PhoenixDomains has a very nice idea:
A lot of businesses have events, meetings etc for which they book a room (usually at a hotel in my experience). This domain could be a website where people offer their rooms for events etc, give the estimated max amount of visitors and you have the possibility to have a virtual tour around the room. Very good platform for businesses in search of a business room, a nice platform for the lesser-known locations (not the big hotels) who have rooms for these occasions.

Another idea I could think of, I have to say not that strong as the above one from phoenix, would be a decorating site, where you can enter the details of the room you want to decorate (ie your living room) and you can then play around with furniture and decorations, see if that big couch not only fits in there, but also looks very nice. I think there are a lot of existing possibilities here, but Im not sure, so this might be much more competitive.

•••
Multitude of uses, current lucrative use could be to help decorators or interior designers plan and design real-world rooms by use of Augmented Reality.

Backed up with software.

•••
Web conferences for sure. Think GotoMeeting, omNovia, and WebEx

•••
Web conferences for sure. Think GotoMeeting, omNovia, and WebEx
I like it, but I think virtualmeeting.com is more applicable there. Also the plural works less for me, since you would only need 1 room for a web conference. These are the minor "downsides" i can think of

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back