IT.COM

How to save My domains ?

NameSilo
Watch

cfo

Established Member
Impact
EXP.JPG

Long story short .I have msany domains registered at namebright.com ,caught by dropcatch

Somehow they stopped(?) the two factor authentication serivce without notifications or announcements

Now I can't log into My account .

They did offer me 2 options .wait for 18 months until they fix the problem or hand over my private information to them

My phone number works perfectly ,I didn't lose My phone ,they also suspended My dropcatch account ,I don't know why

As for now ,3 of my domains were expired ,and more will become

I SHOULDN'T HAVE TRUESTED NAMEBRIGHT .I

Sean2.JPG

This is my second post regarding this issue ,it's only a general-domain-discussion namepros team please do not move this post to other categories Thank you

I need help ,and trying to avoid law suit against them

How do I transfer all My domains out ? Thank you

Sean1.JPG

Sean.JPG

Sean0.JPG

V1.JPG

V2.JPG

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hand over your private information to them & problem solve
Req also for me when i create account
Will take up to 72 business hours

Last edited:
•••
What private information are they asking?

•••
Whats the issue with giving them your details? They have some of that allready. Then log in and shut two factor off. Them asking for info is to verify your identity as the owner.

They obviously don’t value security…18 months…thats a very bad look.

•••
Hand over your private information to them & problem solve
Req also for me when i create account
Will take up to 72 business hours
I could ,but why ?

•••
•••
Whats the issue with giving them your details? They have some of that allready. Then log in and shut two factor off. Them asking for info is to verify your identity as the owner.

They obviously don’t value security…18 months…thats a very bad look.
you're correct ,but My email works ,My phone words ,what else do they need ? why should I do that ?

•••
Any thoughts I can solve the problem without giving out My details ? I will not do that

•••

Attachments

• NameBright-Two-Factor-Auth-Recovery-Form.pdf
    128.6 KB · Views: 84
•••
I guess you did too .I valued My privacy

I can provide My cellphone and My email ,they both work .

I will not fill out so called "forms"

They disabled the service ,they wouldn't let me log in . that's their problem Not mine

but still Thanks

•••
•••
It happened 2 years ago ,but they fixed the problem .in time

how could they not know send an email to the current users >? I can easiy log in ,,then diable it

it's real simple ,I just don't understand ,it's not right ,I will not do that

•••
Namebright disrespect their user ,why should I be the responsible one?

Somebody should stand out and say no to this kind of behaviors

•••
Just provide ss with your ID , bills of services what they need along with photo of you hold ID if want to resolve problem & regain access
Cheers

•••
Just provide ss with your ID , bills of services what they need along with photo of you hold ID if want to resolve problem & regain access
Cheers
I can ,but why ?

•••
You guys just comply never ask why ? 300 views

•••
•••
I could ,but why ?
I believe it's standard procedure, they obviously need to confirm that you are who you say you are before removing a critical security feature from your account. Verifying your identify using your only your phone and email is not going to be enough here.
That said, they should've notified you well beforehand that they were going to disable 2FA. Unless it's due to an unexpected system failure, in which case it's on them but they would still need to verify who you are before letting you in.

•••
I believe it's standard procedure, they obviously need to confirm that you are who you say you are before removing a critical security feature from your account. Verifying your identify using your only your phone and email is not going to be enough here.
That said, they should've notified you well beforehand that they were going to disable 2FA. Unless it's due to an unexpected system failure, in which case it's on them but they would still need to verify who you are before letting you in.
Well said and ,that's not standard procedure .My cellphone works fine .if I lost My phone ,I should do it ,no question asked .

•••
I need help ,and trying to avoid law suit against them
If you don't want to send the requested form, these are your options as per NameBright TOS:

38.Disputes. NameBright wants to address your concerns without needing a formal dispute or arbitration. Before filing a claim against NameBright, you agree to try to resolve the dispute informally by emailing [email protected]. NameBright will try to resolve the dispute by contacting you via email, but if there is no resolve to the dispute within thirty (30) days of submission, you and/or NameBright agree to resolve any claims related to this Terms of Service through final and binding arbitration, unless you opt out as described below.

39.Opt-Out. You can opt-out and decline this agreement to arbitrate by contacting NameBright within thirty (30) days from the date that you first became subject to this arbitration provision (i.e.: the date you initially accepted this Terms of Service). You must write us at NameBright, Attn: Opt-Out Arbitration, [email protected]. If you opt out, neither you nor NameBright can require the other to participate in an arbitration proceeding.

40.Arbitration Procedures. Except in the event you opt out of arbitration as described above, all claims shall be settled by binding arbitration in accordance with the commercial arbitration rules, in effect at the time the proceedings begin, of the American Arbitration Association. Any such controversy and/or claim shall be arbitrated on an individual basis, and shall not be consolidated in any arbitration with any claim or controversy of any other party. All information relating to and/or disclosed by any party in connection with the arbitration of any disputes shall be treated by the parties, their representatives, and the arbitrator as proprietary business information and shall not be disclosed without prior written authorization of the disclosing party. The arbitration shall be held in the City and County of Denver, Colorado, USA or any other location NameBright agrees to. Each party shall bear the burden of its own counsel fees incurred in connection with any arbitration proceedings.

41.Judicial Forum for Disputes. In the event that the agreement to arbitrate is found not to apply to you and/or your claim, you and NameBright agree that any judicial proceeding (other than small claims actions) will be brought in the federal or state courts of the City of Denver, Colorado. Both you and NameBright consent to the foregoing venue and jurisdiction.

42.No Class Action. You agree that disputes between you and NameBright will be resolved by mandatory binding arbitration and you waive any right to participate in a class-action lawsuit and/or class-wide arbitration.

•••
If you don't want to send the requested form, these are your options as per NameBright TOS:

38.Disputes. NameBright wants to address your concerns without needing a formal dispute or arbitration. Before filing a claim against NameBright, you agree to try to resolve the dispute informally by emailing [email protected]. NameBright will try to resolve the dispute by contacting you via email, but if there is no resolve to the dispute within thirty (30) days of submission, you and/or NameBright agree to resolve any claims related to this Terms of Service through final and binding arbitration, unless you opt out as described below.

39.Opt-Out. You can opt-out and decline this agreement to arbitrate by contacting NameBright within thirty (30) days from the date that you first became subject to this arbitration provision (i.e.: the date you initially accepted this Terms of Service). You must write us at NameBright, Attn: Opt-Out Arbitration, [email protected]. If you opt out, neither you nor NameBright can require the other to participate in an arbitration proceeding.

40.Arbitration Procedures. Except in the event you opt out of arbitration as described above, all claims shall be settled by binding arbitration in accordance with the commercial arbitration rules, in effect at the time the proceedings begin, of the American Arbitration Association. Any such controversy and/or claim shall be arbitrated on an individual basis, and shall not be consolidated in any arbitration with any claim or controversy of any other party. All information relating to and/or disclosed by any party in connection with the arbitration of any disputes shall be treated by the parties, their representatives, and the arbitrator as proprietary business information and shall not be disclosed without prior written authorization of the disclosing party. The arbitration shall be held in the City and County of Denver, Colorado, USA or any other location NameBright agrees to. Each party shall bear the burden of its own counsel fees incurred in connection with any arbitration proceedings.

41.Judicial Forum for Disputes. In the event that the agreement to arbitrate is found not to apply to you and/or your claim, you and NameBright agree that any judicial proceeding (other than small claims actions) will be brought in the federal or state courts of the City of Denver, Colorado. Both you and NameBright consent to the foregoing venue and jurisdiction.

42.No Class Action. You agree that disputes between you and NameBright will be resolved by mandatory binding arbitration and you waive any right to participate in a class-action lawsuit and/or class-wide arbitration.
Are you with namebright ?

•••
WTF?

Why would 2 step auth stop working and why would it take 18 months to restore???

Is Namebright trying to compete with Epik for the biggest loser of 2022?

I am glad I did not chase those promos and cheap transfers and stuck with GD. It might be buggy, but I can't even imagine them having the problems of the kind Epik, Namebright, SAV clients are facing.

•••
•••
Well said and ,that's not standard procedure .My cellphone works fine .if I lost My phone ,I should do it ,no question asked .
Your cellphone works fine but it's not enough to verify that you are who you say you are, anybody who has gained access to your phone/email could be posing as you.
Your account could potentially be worth thousands of dollars, they're not going to grant access to someone on phone verification alone, they'll need some official document like govt ID, passport or driving license.

•••
@cfo A number of people here have now given you pragmatic advice, which you have subsequently rejected. I wish you much success and wisdom.

•••
Back