IT.COM

How to push a domain on Domain.com?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

KDN

KenTop Member
Impact
Hello!

Does anyone know how to push a name on Domain.com?

Thanks!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
No prob. Please update if this way still works because it could probably help other users with transfers within these registrars.

•••
they said it will work . but i will know better later when the other user will add to his account

•••
they said they will fix the "move " feature .. i hope they really will do that.

•••
Here's hoping. Since it happened in all the other sister companies too, it looks like this removal of the 'move' feature is intentional. But glad to hear that the 'add existing' option seems to still be possible. We'll see what happens.

•••
ooh.. It's really a nightmare. i have over 200+ domains with Domain Dotster and Netfirms. if they didn't add Move domain option. i'm afraid i have move my domains again from them and most domains have 300+ Days remaining in expiry. :(

•••
They always find new ways to make things difficult. There's a way you can avoid the security question matter because it's an insane policy that buyers and sellers have to give each other their security answer. If you ask them to remove the domain from your account, then the other user can add it from their dashboard using the 'add existing' option. Unless they changed that too.
just spent an hour on livechat to push one domain and this is the workaround.I refused to ask for my clients secure answer or give them mine obviously - What a nightmare ! !

•••
just spent an hour on livechat to push one domain and this is the workaround

Did they push it without giving them security answer?

•••
Last edited:
•••
How about transfer away from domain.com? What is the process and restriction?

•••
Domains must be valid and already registered with another registrar.
Domains must be registered for at least 60 days and in unlocked status.
Transfers will succeed only if the Admin Contact information is up-to-date.
You must obtain an authorization code to transfer to Domain.com.
Transfers will take between 5 and 7 days under normal circumstances.

•••
The additional issue I have is that their live chat seems to be broken and it appears to be the only way to contact them. Did anyone else have that issue?

•••
Just have to wait longer to respond sometimes. But it works.

•••
•••
How long did you wait for?

•••
its a terrible process the best option is to have support remove the domain from your account and have them add it to another account where they have to add it.

•••
Maybe 30 min. Does it display anything or is the page blank while you wait for them?

•••
I waited for almost half hour one time, it shows the progress bar filled to 100% till someone comes.

•••
But usually it's between 3-10 minutes.

•••
that is broken for me. I tried in both firefox and chrome.....

•••
•••
•••
Can we push domain to another account on Domain.com even we've just receive it (someone just pushed to your account)? or we have to wait for some time and if so for how long? Thanks!

Last edited:
•••
To let remove 1 domain from your account (you ask that by chat or ticket to do that) and the buyer accepting it => by clicking "add existing" (and the domain filled in th box). This can work very well and quick.

If you want to move 100 or 250 or more domains => you make a ticket (the can help you by phone 24H/24) the 1/ login + 2/ the securityquestion and 3/ securityanswer from the buyer, and you make a ticket in which you give all that information (1/+2/+3/) (including your own 1/ 2/ 3/) + the list of domains to be moved and you ask to move them all to that other account (the account of the buyer).
And then it takes 24-48 hours untill the domains are moved.
(The buyer has then to change the contacts, and refesh the whois => This can be done BULK by 11 at a time, ask the by phone to help you with this)..

•••
Can we push domain to another account on Domain.com even we've just receive it (someone just pushed to your account)? or we have to wait for some time and if so for how long? Thanks!
I think you can. Simply call them to be sure. I asked this and they said this can be done. (So it's not like it is at godaddy). This may change on 1st of decemer, because ICANN will change a kinda policy for moved domains (see elswehere on the forum).

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back