IT.COM

status-todo How To Post In FREE Domains Forum

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

nhauctions

Account Closed (Requested)
Impact
I have a domain to give away for free, but in the FREE forum there isn't an option to create a thread, If I click the sell your domain option I get a list of forums to choose from but FREE isn't included. So how do I post in the FREE section?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Last edited:
•••
Thanks. Just posted to it. But how do you navigate to it? Is it some kind of secret?

I just checked again and the link is now showing.
It was clearly visible to me, might be some kind of bug at your end.

•••
Hello,

It sounds like you're on the Buy Domains page with the "FREE" (domains) filter applied:
The Buy Domains page is a special aggregate of all domains in marketplace-related sections of the forums. To post in one of those sections, you must navigate to them first.

Here are some ways you can access the Free Domain Names section:
  • Visit NamePros.com → Scroll down to the Domain Lists section → Free Domain NamesCreate New Thread button.
  • On every page of the forums, there is a breadcrumb that begins with "Home" and shows you your current position on the site. To the far right of that, there is an icon with an arrow pointing upward to the right, which is called Quick Navigation. You can use that to quickly navigate to Free Domain Names.
    • Tip: Once you open Quick Navigation, Ctrl+F in your browser and enter Free Domain Names to quickly navigate to the desired link.
  • Once you're viewing Free Domain Names, you can select to "Watch Forum" and then you can easily access it from Watched Forums.
We should probably add a way to access it from the Sell Domains page, too, for convenience, but we initially did not include it there because the domains are not for sale (they're free). #TODO

Thanks for contributing to the community!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back