IT.COM

How to make a Weather webpage

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hi,
I have searched around but I have not been able to find any tips on making a weather website.
There are a few wigets here and there, but I need a better solution then just a wiget. Any ideas?
Thanks,
samjones

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hi,
I have searched around but I have not been able to find any tips on making a weather website.
There are a few wigets here and there, but I need a better solution then just a wiget. Any ideas?
Thanks,
samjones

All the weather websites mostly provide branded widgets only, that are good for portals or travel websites.
If you want to build a weather website, you have to code yourself and and use the (usually paid) API that they provide.
In the past I have developed 2 weather websites and I still have the API from weatherchannel.com. If you want, I can help you on that. Just PM me. :)

•••
All the weather websites mostly provide branded widgets only, that are good for portals or travel websites.
If you want to build a weather website, you have to code yourself and and use the (usually paid) API that they provide.
In the past I have developed 2 weather websites and I still have the API from weatherchannel.com. If you want, I can help you on that. Just PM me. :)

I can't pm right now, but I have a question.

I was wondering, if you have a weather domain, for example miamiweather.com, would you just put a widget on there and run ads on it?

•••
I was wondering, if you have a weather domain, for example miamiweather.com, would you just put a widget on there and run ads on it?

I own quite a few CityNameWeather.com domains so I would also appreciate any development tips anyone might have for the niche.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back