IT.COM

question-answered How to know

NameSilo
Watch

jagmagata

Impact
Dear sir, How to know this domain name should be registered when i open name bio
So many domain name sold which is out of my mind then i think maybe be domain seller would have researched well. When i try to research in google trends, news, brandable site but i didn't get result because whatever see name that has been registered long years ago. When i go to registered good and short domain that has been registered already. I knew one domain name pigbank when i search this domain already registered I think this domain name has also gone from my hand but 2 moths ago someone registered piggybanks.com and this domain sell 7000$ within 2 moths. This is my question how he know piggybanks.com domain name should be registered while i know about this domain name before. Sir what is way which domain seller know of domain name.Please
Guide me.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hi,
Sadly there is no quick route from starting out to becoming a successful domainer. The only way is to read & learn, and even then you still might not get it.

Welcome to the madhouse. Enjoy :xf.smile:

•••
Upvote 0
Last edited:
•••
Upvote 0
You won't know.
And yes, very frustrating when you find good domains that are taken, or that are too expensive (I found a 3L. biz and the registrar wanted to charge over 1K as a premium domain!).
Good luck

•••
Upvote 0
First, I honor your message in English. It is a difficult and complex language. I do so, however, it is because it is clearly a foreign language for you.

As such, even very small differences in a domain name can make the difference between a value of $7, $7,000 or $7,000,000. A piggy bank is a specific thing: a cute place to save money. A pig bank is not a thing, it is two separate things that sound like a mess.

Piggybank.png

A few last thoughts:
  • In the languages where you have excellent language skills you can be excellent. See which people and businesses have a lot of money where you are and offer names they would want to pay a premium for.
  • In the languages where you are less than perfect, you will need to rely heavily on research. Make sure the words you choose are solid search terms or in the dictionary and that they mean what you thought.
  • In either case, read a lot of articles here and other domaining sites. Follow @Bob Hawkes for new stuff while you read his existing articles. Follow some price charts so you get a sense of actual sold prices and dig into why it is so.
  • Collecting domain names is easy but being a profitable domainer takes a lot of study, effort, knowledge, and a pinch of luck. Best wishes!

•••
Upvote 0
I would just echo a few comments made here.

Yes, especially at first, it is challenging and seems perplexing. Indeed the vast majority of good terms in .com have been registered, often long ago. That leaves a few options...
  • Follow expired auctions and dropped domains (using ExpiredDomains.net to help) and try to find a few that your research suggests are good, but somehow others have missed. Never feel you need any specific name, so don't overbid. Start very slow, be very sure you want each acquisition.
  • Others get around this by getting good at spotting trends that are going to be important very early, while some hand registrations still possible.
  • Because slight nuances, as @TribeMagnet noted, can make the difference between a $$$$$ name and one which won't sell for $10 may be just one letter or the order of the words. It is very hard to domain in languages that you do not know fluently.
Best wishes.

Bob

•••
Upvote 0
First, I honor your message in English. It is a difficult and complex language. I do so, however, it is because it is clearly a foreign language for you.

As such, even very small differences in a domain name can make the difference between a value of $7, $7,000 or $7,000,000. A piggy bank is a specific thing: a cute place to save money. A pig bank is not a thing, it is two separate things that sound like a mess.

Show attachment 219583

A few last thoughts:
  • In the languages where you have excellent language skills you can be excellent. See which people and businesses have a lot of money where you are and offer names they would want to pay a premium for.
  • In the languages where you are less than perfect, you will need to rely heavily on research. Make sure the words you choose are solid search terms or in the dictionary and that they mean what you thought.
  • In either case, read a lot of articles here and other domaining sites. Follow @Bob Hawkes for new stuff while you read his existing articles. Follow some price charts so you get a sense of actual sold prices and dig into why it is so.
  • Collecting domain names is easy but being a profitable domainer takes a lot of study, effort, knowledge, and a pinch of luck. Best wishes!
I absolutely missed the OP put pigbank. Yes, excellent point, pigbank isn’t even a word and is worthless where as piggy bank is.
Even the difference between piggybank and piggybanks (which is what I read it as quickly!!) could still be thousands

•••
Upvote 0
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back