Dynadot

advice How to keep money flow is in domaining

NameSilo
Watch

Domain Monk

Mindful DomainingTop Member
Impact
i know patience is the key in domaining, but to keep the ball rolling how to manage money flow in domaining?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Operating numerous business models is a great way of ensuring various streams of residual income.

- domain monetization, investing in (2 types of) domains for pasive sales & active sales > are all business models that contribute toward financing each other, keeping cash flowing whilst generating profits.

•••
to keep the ball rolling how to manage money flow in domaining?

Tip #2. buy income producing domain names.

imo...

•••
Don't put all of your money in one bucket. It's easy to fall in love with domains, but as an investment it's important to diversify. Consider real estate, stocks / bonds, and other sorts of traditional investments, along side your investments online. You'll be less likely to do something drastic if one of your investment classes takes a temporary dip.

•••
Don't put all of your money in one bucket. It's easy to fall in love with domains, but as an investment it's important to diversify. Consider real estate, stocks / bonds, and other sorts of traditional investments, along side your investments online. You'll be less likely to do something drastic if one of your investment classes takes a temporary dip.

Thabks for the views everyone , what you mean by passive and active investment, may be like a geo and brandables.

•••
passive - buying domains that sell themselves over time
active - buying domains with the goal of MKTG them to relevent end users, 1 by 1.

•••
I try and reg names that actually mean something like of a product or service available.

•••
passive - buying domains that sell themselves over time
active - buying domains with the goal of MKTG them to relevent end users, 1 by 1.

That's what I was thinking about...thanks ..how many domains do u guys sell by active sales in a month

•••
Taking the average based on key "sellable" domains that are bathed in a smart price-range, you can sell at least 1 in every 4-5 domains that you market.

If the domain is appealing and focuses in an exact-match product/service, you will not need to market the name to more than 20-35 targeted buyers.

•••
Get a job, business, services, freelance or do something creative.

Explore and develop your skills in things that can benefits you to make money and for the future career.

As for me, i realised that i cant grow with domaining alone. I do online business & freelance to keep the bills paid, while i invest my spare time in learning new skills like a design & marketing .
I keep the 30% profit to buy a domain, 50% for my website, 20% spend for courses.

In my opinion domaining is are investment not a business, unless you own a domain company.

Like other types of investment domaining requires a lot of patience, time, money & sometimes luck.

•••
Like other have said dont fall in love in domaining.

Last edited:
•••
Get a job, business, services, freelance or do something creative.

Explore and develop your skills in things that can benefits you to make money and for the future career.

As for me, i realised that i cant grow with domaining alone. I do online business & freelance to keep the bills paid, while i invest my spare time in learning new skills like a design & marketing .
I keep the 30% profit to buy a domain, 50% for my website, 20% spend for courses.

In my opinion domaining is are investment not a business, unless you own a domain company.

Like other types of investment domaining requires a lot of patience, time, money & sometimes luck.
True .can we get more views from full time domainers .

•••
Like other have said dont fall in love in domaining.

What on earth are you talking about. Absolutely fall in love with domaining. Or GTFO.

Edit: Mostly kidding...

•••
Quantity is the correct answer. You cannot create consistent cash flow with domain sales unless you have a sizable portfolio. Parking is different if you have a highly trafficked domain, but the chances of you getting one of those is slim to none these days.

Therefore, the only way is having a domain portfolio of hundreds or thousands of domains. Domain sales can happen daily, but you need a very large portfolio before that will happen, and your portfolio has to be good. You can't hand-register hundreds or thousands of domains and expect to have cash flow. Most hand-registered domains will never sell.

You have to build up a large portfolio over years of picking the best domains at the best prices that you can find.

That's the only way. That's why most domainers do it part-time until they've been able to accumulate a portfolio that is performing consistently and allows them to leave their day job. It's very possible, but it will take time and hard work.

•••
A sizable domain portfolio means a sizable renewal bill. If any of those domains have $25/year or higher pricing, you could face high $xxx to low $xxxx in renewals on a monthly basis. There will always be slow periods. Focus on quality over quantity. While ROI is a function of acquisition price, end users generally are not willing to open their wallets for so-so domains. With all the TLD options now available, it is not difficult to find so-so domains for reg fee.

•••
buy low*, sell for profit, repeat. No secret

*Undervalued domains, required skills

Last edited:
•••
Quantity is the correct answer. You cannot create consistent cash flow with domain sales unless you have a sizable portfolio. Parking is different if you have a highly trafficked domain, but the chances of you getting one of those is slim to none these days.

Therefore, the only way is having a domain portfolio of hundreds or thousands of domains. Domain sales can happen daily, but you need a very large portfolio before that will happen, and your portfolio has to be good. You can't hand-register hundreds or thousands of domains and expect to have cash flow. Most hand-registered domains will never sell.

You have to build up a large portfolio over years of picking the best domains at the best prices that you can find.

That's the only way. That's why most domainers do it part-time until they've been able to accumulate a portfolio that is performing consistently and allows them to leave their day job. It's very possible, but it will take time and hard work.

Well said!

I've just reg 130 names yesterday at $1.69 each. I know a lot of them will be approved buy Brandable market places and I will make profit by flipping some. I spend at least 3 hours a day brainstorming to find available domains and building a list of the best ones I can find. Then I am ready for .com promos.

I have also bought many names over the years at drop and aftermarket that Ive sold for really good roi.

Quality is more important than quantity. I know what sells, what to buy and at what price. Also If you want cash flow, don't fall in love with your domains. Buy sell and move on

•••
•••
•••
U gonna sell them at after market or publish them

•••
selective to choose what domain you need

•••
•••
•••
•••
To keep cash flowing while waiting on a end-user sales I recommend selling to resellers also using auction platforms to make some sales

•••
Back