Dynadot

How to Identify Premium LLLL.com Domains

NameSilo
Watch

DN.com

VIP Member
DN.com Staff
Impact
As we all know that the prices of LLLL.com domain names boosted in the last year. LLLL.com domain names are popular with Chinese end users since many Chinese phrases are of 4 characters. Investors see the chances in this kind of domain names andmany of whom choose to buy the LLLL.com in bulk. However, there are 456,976 LLLL.com domain names in total and not all of them can luckily be sold at agood price.

So how to identify the premium LLLL.com is especially important. Now let's see some tricks in finding the premium domain names in numerous ones.

The CHIPs

I believe many of you have already heard this term before. The CHIPs is short for Chinese Initial Pinyin domain names, which refer to the letters except A, E, I,O, U, V. Usually it is hard to find a proper meaning for a domain name combined with four non-CHIP letters. Therefore, there forms a big gap in price between CHIPs and non-CHIPs LLLL.com domain names.

CVCV.com

I have also mentioned the CVCV.com domain names in the postings before. Although vowels are not that popular, they could still be promising when kept in the right place. The combination of consonants and vowels fits the Chinese pronunciation.So the CVCV combination could easily find a meaning of a short word.

Special Endings

In English many corporations have the name end with Holdings, Group. If you have the domain name like XXXXHoldings.com or XXXXGroup.com it will be easier to find an end user. Similarly in Chinese, we have JiTuan in Chinese meaning Group, GuFeng meaning Holdings. LLLL.com domain names like CCJT.com or CCGF.com will have bigger chances to find an end user. Likewise, there are examples of CCJR.com (JR is short for JingRong, which means Finance), CCDK.com (DK is short for DaiKuan, which means Loan) and CCWL.com (WL is short for WangLuo, which means Network).

Geographical Name Initials

Many companies have the name started with geographical name, for example, in the name of Qindao beer, Qindao is the place where the company locates. Domain names starts with the initials of cities and province would be more popular than other domain names. Here we have several initials for the big cities in China. You can also search the information on Internet. BJ for Beijing, SH for Shanghai, TJ for Tianjin, HZ for Hangzhou, XM for Xiamen, NJ for Nanjing, GZ for Guangzhou, CQ for Chongqing

“N, R, Q, L “ Are Less Used

“N,R, Q, L “ are 4 consonants less used in Chinese. In the bulk purchase of LLLL.com domain names, group of domains without “N, R, Q, L “ will usually be a bit more expensive than group of domain names with them.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Thank you..one stop source for China info.

•••
•••
Thanks a ton @Cynthia for the amazing info about Chinese domain names. Head a lot about CHIPs domain but first time understood what are those :D

P.S. esale.io is on sale at flippa, last 4 hours to go for the No-Reserve auction. Search for Esale.io and you'll get the listing. Best of luck :)

•••
Thanks for the post
A couple questions:

a) I suppose 'corporations words' (JT, GF, DK..) come at the end (like in English). Is that the same in Chinese (in other words, something like JTxx.com would not have as much value as xxJT.com) ?

b) Is it the same for geo + profession/business/services ?
In English, buyers prefer city+service rather than service+city. Is that the same in Chinese ?

c) Is there a way to build a full 'dictionnary' list of Chinese abbreviations, preferably with their meaning in English ? Any suggestion of where to find that for someone who cannot read Chinese ?

d)
I have extracted from namebio all 4L domains, then I have split in pairs: 2 first letters then 2 last letters.

Surprizingly, many pairs include wovels and probably are not Chinese. How do you explain that ?

Specifically, here are some examples of the top ending letters I found by order of frequency

oo, ms, eo, hh, id, om, as, do, ps, cs, cn, sm, rr, nn, sp, me, ed

Some of these pairs could be part of English-prounounceable 4L domain names, but for most of them, it is unlikely. I suppose they are initials of corporations/companies or acronyms. In any case, they do not look like the popular Chinese abbreviations you mentionned.

The same applies for pairs at the beginning: the geo abbreviations you mentionned are not that popular on namebio.

I know Namebio does not report all transactions, but I think it's a sufficently large sample to run statistics

•••
•••
I thought Q was very desirable for Chinese. Surprised it ended up in the list of 4 "non-desirables".

•••
Thanks for the post
A couple questions:

a) I suppose 'corporations words' (JT, GF, DK..) come at the end (like in English). Is that the same in Chinese (in other words, something like JTxx.com would not have as much value as xxJT.com) ?

b) Is it the same for geo + profession/business/services ?
In English, buyers prefer city+service rather than service+city. Is that the same in Chinese ?

c) Is there a way to build a full 'dictionnary' list of Chinese abbreviations, preferably with their meaning in English ? Any suggestion of where to find that for someone who cannot read Chinese ?

d)
I have extracted from namebio all 4L domains, then I have split in pairs: 2 first letters then 2 last letters.

Surprizingly, many pairs include wovels and probably are not Chinese. How do you explain that ?

Specifically, here are some examples of the top ending letters I found by order of frequency

oo, ms, eo, hh, id, om, as, do, ps, cs, cn, sm, rr, nn, sp, me, ed

Some of these pairs could be part of English-prounounceable 4L domain names, but for most of them, it is unlikely. I suppose they are initials of corporations/companies or acronyms. In any case, they do not look like the popular Chinese abbreviations you mentionned.

The same applies for pairs at the beginning: the geo abbreviations you mentionned are not that popular on namebio.

I know Namebio does not report all transactions, but I think it's a sufficently large sample to run statistics

for answering the questions:

a) It is the similar habit in China that 'corporations words' (JT, GF, DK..) come at the end.

b) city+service domains are more preferred.

c) as for building a 'dictionary', its rather tough. but we will see what we can do if investors in here really need it. thanks!

d) I can not explain them all for the reason that I believe only part of them are traded by Chinese. Some of them including vowels may be the type CVCV.com which I explained above.

Thanks for all the questions! Hope it helps!

•••
I thought Q was very desirable for Chinese. Surprised it ended up in the list of 4 "non-desirables".
It depends. I believe there are nice sold domains with these letters.

•••
Since the most common surname in China is Li, I would have thought L would not be one of the 4 undesirable letters.

•••
Since the most common surname in China is Li, I would have thought L would not be one of the 4 undesirable letters.

And you are right. This new whole "not all chip letters are the same" thing is a hoax to reduce number of letters for 5L.com buyout. With 20 letters, they'd need to buyout and hold 3.2M, with 15 letters, they need less than 0.8M names.

•••
vey nice info. Thank you very much

•••
Thanks for your insight. Although, I have to admit "Q's" have been good to me and I was under the impression Q's were premium tier 1 letters.

•••
Thank you for the post. Very informative .

•••
Great info. Thanks for assembling and publishing it!

•••
A really informative post. Thanks @Cynthia

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back