IT.COM

question How to get Afternic to list my domains with fasttransfer?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I have a lot of domains that I approved within my registrar (namesilo, godaddy) for fasttransfer but I discovered in afternic's system fast transfer for most of those names = false. These are aged names with bins some as low as 995.

Fast transfer is said to make a difference, it would be great to have a fix for this.

To see how many of your names do not have fast transfer, login to afternic, make sure to use the new system, select to see all your names, select edit columns and check fast transfer. You can sort it and you will probably see things like .com names that are not listed because "Opt-in Required" on names you opted in and sometimes not listed because TLD not eligible (in most cases it is because a registrar that is not supported, however, at least in one case it's a name I sent a few months ago to godaddy, don't expire until 2024).

Is there a way to trigger a request again to opt in?

Thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I'd suggest to just send a 'support email' noting/asking 'is there a way to get your domains not in fast transfer resubmitted'. They've always been attentive to the issues I've brought up, so they should for this. Or, if you have a Godaddy rep, just ask them, they will get it attended to. GL

•••
If you mean that your names do not convert to FastTransfer status after two month, yet being under the ''right'' registrar - this problem has been there forever. I actually thought they were gonna fix it with their new ''Unlist/List'' feature in new version (although ideal case would be that the system detects and converts or inquires about FT automatically). But this feature doesn't work either. Only deleting and attaching names again helps.

Last edited:
•••
I email them probably every month asking then to resend/resubmit names that seem to be stuck. Also when I change registrars I ask them to resend the opt in mail to the new regustrar. It's a pain in the butt but it get's it done eventually.

•••
Yeah it happens all the time, especially with domains at Namecheap. I have to constantly write to support and ask them to resend the opt in email. I even have a name that I've given up on lol, I've asked them to resend like 4 or 5 times but never got the email.
Interestingly, I never have any issue setting fast transfer for domains at Dynadot.

•••
VadimK:
Only deleting and attaching names again helps.

It still doesn't work with a lot of names on Namecheap, usually- if not always-the ones that have been transferred to Namecheap from another registrar.
They have fast transfer status after relisting them on Namecheap, but not on Afternic.

Last edited:
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back