Dynadot

strategy How to Find Potential End Users?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hi,

Do any of you has regularly sell your domain to end users? If so, do you mind share with me in this thread on how find potential end users for your domain?

Regards,
Sjarief

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
This page is a biiiig part of coming here: Finding bright people discussing things in a way that edifies.
Thank you for one amazing post. Going to take a week to read them all twice. :) Best of energy to you!

Same with me. Because I am new here.:xf.grin:

•••
I am modifying a previous outbound email letter by inserting the colored sentence below which replaces a former sentence. I find this replacement great but since I am not an English native speaker, I would like to know your opinion about it and what changes should I make if this is not proper English. I am particularly in doubt if the expression "top administrators" is adequate in this context. However, any suggestions for improving also other parts of this letter model will be appreciated. If the text is already perfect, please let me know as well.

Hello,
I am John Taylor, owner of the domain name: SomeDomain.com.
I am contacting you and also the top administrators of other companies for which this domain name is highly valuable and can make a big impact on their business or activities.
Should your organization have an interest in acquiring this domain, please feel free to contact me.
You can contact me through:
Email: [email protected]
or
Tel: 00-00000000

My best regards,
John

Last edited:
•••
Here's a quick method of finding possible buyers for your domain name,

1. Go to WHOIS.SC and find owners of variations of your domain name. If you own example.com, there's a chance the owners of example123.com, exam-ple.com or example.us might be interested.

2. Go to Google.com and search for the keywords contained in your domain. Make a list of all the paying advertisers that appear in the "Sponsored Links".

3. Go to Overture.com and search for the keywords contained in your domain. Make a list of all the paying advertisers. (Click "View Advertisers' Max Bids")

These three steps will usually produce a decent sized list of potential buyers for your name. From there you can contact the companies and see if there's any interest in aquiring your name.

DO NOT SPAM! Mass mailing all these companies with a single spam email is a bad idea! Any time you do this you should be contacting these companies indivudually by email, snail mail or phone. Figure out how these companies can benefit by owning your domain and approach them with this information. Other threads on NP contain advice about how to go about this.

Also keep this in mind when expecting responses from contacting potential buyers:

You might contact 30 companies and not receive any interest. Don't fret, move on to the next domain.

You Sir deserve a medal! <3

•••
Thank you all for sharing these ideas:xf.wink:(y)

•••
I am modifying a previous outbound email letter by inserting the colored sentence below which replaces a former sentence. I find this replacement great but since I am not an English native speaker, I would like to know your opinion about it and what changes should I make if this is not proper English. I am particularly in doubt if the expression "top administrators" is adequate in this context. However, any suggestions for improving also other parts of this letter model will be appreciated. If the text is already perfect, please let me know as well.

Hello,
I am John Taylor, owner of the domain name: SomeDomain.com.
I am contacting you and also the top administrators of other companies for which this domain name is highly valuable and can make a big impact on their business or activities.
Should your organization have an interest in acquiring this domain, please feel free to contact me.
You can contact me through:
Email: [email protected]
or
Tel: 00-00000000

My best regards,
John

Don't mention you're contacting others. Make them feel like you saw their name and just instantly thought it was the perfect name just for them. I would completely gloss over what you wrote as just being spam. Domain owners get overly formal emails all the time that all look similar to this and the methods to contact you is almost twice as many lines as the part about why they should contact you which makes it seem like minimal effort (also they have your email so you don't have to type it out haha).

Mention something about their company specifically (yes, it's extra effort, but 10 emails that reference the company and how they specifically could benefit from the name is so much better than 50 emails that are all the same.

Maybe try something more like:

Hi,
I'm the owner of the domain name SomeDomain.com and I just wanted to contact you first before putting it on the market because like it perfectly accompanies TheirSomeDomain.com because here is the reason why, and could definitely go some ways to increasing your brand recognition and "make sure you maitain that top search position" or "help out a lot in climbing those search engine rankings!".

It would be great to hear back from you, I'm always available by email or you can also contact me at 00-0000000.

Have a great day/week/weekend
Your name

- Also I know bolding the font was probably just for the on here like the coloured parts but just in case, that can also make it look pretty spammy as people don't naturally bold their emails.

•••
Can someone Please direct me to the best sales letter for Outboundn?

•••
This is a really wonderful thread.
Now, because of GDPR policy, whois info is very limited, how you can find owner information of a particular domain?
Yellow pages as well is a gd place to find any business you like to.

•••
Can someone Please direct me to the best sales letter for Outboundn?
the reply is: there is not a best for sale letter otherwise everyone would be already using it..
at least you can find the best outbound letter for the prospect you are targeting.

some rules:
1) be short and to the point, people don't have time
2) try to solve a problem of your prospects have. solve a problem they have but don't teach them how they should work if you come out of the blue.
3) be realistic. You may shoot to the moon yes but don't be sad if your response rate will be close to 0.1%

•••
•••
If anyone does this as a service please reach out because can't even keep track of inbound let a lone outbound and my portfolio needs trimming

•••
Beautiful thread, i've learnt a lot. Thanks

•••
I'm sure, a domain that sounds good pronounceable can be a brand without a doubt, example: tiktok, etc. What happens, domain sharks that a company has or those individuals have a strategy with their interest group, for example: they put several people from the company or their group to comment that your domain is worth nothing or little and then it appears accomplice and offers you a fun price. Do not be silent in their traps, be smart. I have very good domains to create brands, which are 5.6 7 L and I will look for the end users. Be careful, traffic speeds up if it is a good project, an example of marketing is word of mouth.

•••
Namepros should put this thread at home page

Keep forgetting; 138 pages priceless info.

Since 2005; valid; despite evolving domaining.

Samer

Last edited:
•••
  • This is a topic worth discussing for a long time

•••
You don't, if you have good names they will find you.

•••
Yes ! But there are some good names that needs you looking for buyers, especially, brandable and that is why you must submit them to a particular brandable marketplace.

Last edited:
•••
not everyone has enough cash to keep buying inventory and wait for inquiries...

•••
Thanks everyone for this. It will remain relevant forever.

My little addition☺
Hello [name],

I am Eng, owner of rr/r./com
I thought that you might be interested in knowing that the domain name is up for acquisition.

You can redirect it to your current website to capture additional targetted customers and increase sales.

Would you be interested in owning this domain name for your business?

Best Regards
Eng.
www/.rrr./com

•••
Hi,I'm new in this and I have maybe stupid question.Is it worth to contact potential end user if I have thefabricbusiness.com and his domain is jimmyshopfabrics.com or wallpaper.com or something like that?

Will end users buy domain like that which differs so much from theirs?
I mean is it possible to sell domain which doesnt have anything in common except core business?

Thanks

•••
@Mariolino no at this point it is not outbound it is spam to any domain that is similar

Last edited:
•••
•••
@Mariolino np pm me if there is anything else you need help with ^^

•••
So much to Learn From Each and everyone of you.

•••
Hi, I need help to close a deal, I contacted the buyer and he agreed to pay $300 for the name, so I sent him a dan transaction lead, the transaction was accepted by the buyer but he hasn't paid yet it's been 8 days ago.

Please let me know how to follow up.

Thanks in advance.

•••
You should send him a reminder. The buyer might have forgotten the deal

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back