IT.COM

guide How to find PinYin Translations for FREE

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

vickyhunter

Domain SpiderEstablished Member
Impact
Since many people are still not aware of this, I am creating a separate thread to share the secret ! This may help many of you who what to decipher the Chinese Pinyin meaning(s) for your short liquid domains.

GOOGLE can Translate Chinese PinYin words into English words, so that you can be aware of what you own and filter good domains from not so good ones (Remember, no Chinese premium is bad! :xf.wink:) . This might aid not just to a better understanding but also in enhancing your sales !

Here is the link -

https://translate.google.com/#zh-CN/en/

(Eg: type in TTYSS in the left box, it translates to 'Daily Diet' on the right side)

Although I don't think it is 100% accurate, it still gives you a fair idea and is a very useful free tool. You should also understand that it is partly user contributed and hence there may be errors.

Last word of advice. If you hit upon an excellent keyword, I would suggest you take a second opinion with the Chinese experts here in the forum.

Towards better domaining.

Cheers,
V

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
There is a huge margin of error with this. Nobody should rely solely on it. Better use yabla and work from pinyin to the English letters.

•••
I have checked also the link:
xsmb means sales target(to bad that I have just the .co because it has 11 million searches)
hlhhb means 'later okay' -not very important, but maybe triple letter will help

•••
There is a huge margin of error with this. Nobody should rely solely on it. Better use yabla and work from pinyin to the English letters.

Thanks I have wondered how accurate Google Pinyin translator. I think what you described using Yabla makes sense buy for many it may take too long working all these translations out. I am not sure what is the best method.

•••
A friend of me is living in Taiwan from a while and she told me that she only see writing with symbols, never seen any pin yin.
It seem strange for what other people say here..

•••
A friend of me is living in Taiwan from a while and she told me that she only see writing with symbols, never seen any pin yin.
It seem strange for what other people say here..
You are correct! Pinyin is only a input method for characters for things such as computers or phones.

Pinyin is briefly thought when children are young as a form of "sounding out characters" but then they just move on to only characters.

You will rarely (if ever) see pinyin just posted. It is never handwritten (pinyin doesn't equal a word) pinyin is just a form of input for characters (words).

If it was ever written the pinyin would have to specificy which "tone" ū ú ù etc.. would used to represent which character it meant.... And even then there is some pinyin with the same tones that are different characters. It all just comes down to how it is used in context.

So in short. Pinyin is nothing more then a crutch to input characters. But pinyin by itself has no "one" real meaning.

•••
Thanks I have wondered how accurate Google Pinyin translator. I think what you described using Yabla makes sense buy for many it may take too long working all these translations out. I am not sure what is the best method.

But I don't think you can insert TTYSS into Yabla and it will give you any meaning.

How did you change your yabla settings...?

•••
Anyone here knows if "y" and/or "de" has some chinese keyword relevance? Need your help.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back