Dynadot

advice How to ensure I get my .com with backorder

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Zicco

Impact
Hi guys,

I'm kind of new to the domain purchasing industry and there's a website .com I want to acquire for my company's name although I already registered the .asia and .co under the same name.
The WHOis of this domain shows some Indian guy who's not using it and works under an identified company but remains unreachable after multiple attempts (calls + emails). He's not even using it...
The WHOis also tells me that the creation date is oct. 2006 and has been updated in July 2015 and that it will expire in OCTOBER 2016.

It seems that I now have 2 options with most domain acquisition supplier:
1. Get an Agent to try everything they can to get in touch with website owner and negotiate a deal hoping that they can do better than me.
- My concerns on this one is that you have to pay 100USD and above + a commission base which doesn't seem to go against my interest. Why would I hire someone who's going to try to get the highest deal from owner to increase his commission ?!!? (That's the GoDaddy service by the way)
- Is this risky to bring your interest at the owner's attention so he would renew his domain that soon expires and try to get the prices up?

2. Backorder the domain while I have checked couple of auction website which didn't seem to find the domain I want
- Does the owner receive a notification if I place a backorder on his domain name?
- The domain is expiring very soon so how do I make sure this domain transfers to me right away without going through auctions?
- What are the precautions to take and is this the best solution?

What's the right way of approaching this and what advises would you have for me to ensure I put the maximum chances on my side to get this .com domain for my company?

Thanks,
Zicco (Domain name struggler :)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
But if I'm the only one to backorder on this domain and if the owner doesn't renew on time, it will automatically go to me right? can you confirm this?

If there's only one back order on a .com that's dropping it should pick it first, assuming the backorder is working correctly.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back